College Football - 2023

plan9misfit

36 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Washington HC Kalen DeBoer is expected to be the next Alabama Head Coach, per @PeteThamel

https://x.com/pff_college/status/1745889596477505747?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

good move by Bama, man I’d be pissed if I was Washington

LOL. Bama replaces the GOAT head coach in 2 days with another elite level HC and Kirk Ferentz hasn’t named a replacement for the worst OC around in 3 months. 

Excellent hire for Bama. DeBoer is a coaching machine.

23 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Hearing Harbaugh may be interviewing with San Diego

San Diego has a team again?  😜

Woukd be a good hire for Chargers, but would he really want to leave Michigan? I guess he may try and Pete Carroll it and bolt before sanctions???

10 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

San Diego has a team again?  😜

Woukd be a good hire for Chargers, but would he really want to leave Michigan? I guess he may try and Pete Carroll it and bolt before sanctions???

Damn it - I’m too old for this ish…

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL. Bama replaces the GOAT head coach in 2 days with another elite level HC and Kirk Ferentz hasn’t named a replacement for the worst OC around in 3 months. 

Terrific coach.  I'm curious to see the impact  if any on recruiting Saban's retirement and DeBoer's hiring will have.  

10 hours ago, Northland said:

Terrific coach.  I'm curious to see the impact  if any on recruiting Saban's retirement and DeBoer's hiring will have.  

I’m more interested in knowing what DeBoer will do with his RBs and his defense. DeBoer runs the Air Raid offense (well, a version of it), so running the ball is more of a half-hearted suggestion rather than a function of the offense, and he’s never been known to utilize a sophisticated defense. So, I’m curious to learn if that was more a function of not having solid defensive talent to use, or if it wasn’t an area of interest for him to develop.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m more interested in knowing what DeBoer will do with his RBs and his defense. DeBoer runs the Air Raid offense (well, a version of it), so running the ball is more of a half-hearted suggestion rather than a function of the offense, and he’s never been known to utilize a sophisticated defense. So, I’m curious to learn if that was more a function of not having solid defensive talent to use, or if it wasn’t an area of interest for him to develop.

Yeah his system doesn’t seem like a fit for Bama - either he will change to adapt to the team or he will change the team to adapt to him.

On 1/12/2024 at 5:31 PM, WizardHawk said:

Does Kirk even know that side of the ball exists?

It feels like intentionally defiant malpractice to be totally honest.

28 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

Does Kirk even know that side of the ball exists?

It feels like intentionally defiant malpractice to be totally honest.

KF has tarnished his legacy with a great many fans over the course of last 2-3 yrs. Our interim AD pulling the power card and telling BF he won't be returning was beautiful. I won't miss KF when he's gone. Good man, but he's done the program dirty with his clear nepotism that runs deep in his veins. It's been disgusting to watch unfold

Edited by WizardHawk

16 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

KF has tarnished his legacy with a great many fans over the course of last 2-3 yrs. Our interim AD pulling the power card and telling BF he won't be returning was beautiful. I won't miss KF when he's gone. Good man, but he's done the program dirty with his clear nepotism that runs deep in his veins. It's been disgusting to watch unfold

Long-time head coach hamstringing the program in later years by failing to keep up and hiring his wholly incompetent son as a key coordinator….

Doesn't sound familiar at all…