College Football - 2023

plan9misfit

7 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Congrats to our resident Michigan men

Thanks.  Fun fact.  My home defibrillator kit works.  It's a good feeling to have a team you've supported for parts of six decades competing for a championship. 

53 minutes ago, Northland said:

Thanks.  Fun fact.  My home defibrillator kit works.  It's a good feeling to have a team you've supported for parts of six decades competing for a championship. 

I should have had one at my place. It would’ve helped.

13 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I should have had one at my place. It would’ve helped.

Plan, Michigan teams of old would have lost last night with those special teams mistakes especially the last fumble.  We were what half a yard from a safety?  Happy with the outcome obviously.  That Washington passing attack is scary.

42 minutes ago, Northland said:

Plan, Michigan teams of old would have lost last night with those special teams mistakes especially the last fumble.  We were what half a yard from a safety?  Happy with the outcome obviously.  That Washington passing attack is scary.

Agreed. Last night's blunders are ones which teams of old never recovered from. And yes, Washington's passing attack is lethal, but, they've never faced a team with a dominant defense/pass rush all season, they can't run the ball, and their defense is very suspect. It graded nearly as poorly, if not worse than, USC's defense in certain areas, if that tells you anything. Next week will be a clock management and field position game if we ever had one. Run the ball constantly to keep Penix off the field, and pressure him incessantly to keep them off schedule. 

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Agreed. Last night's blunders are ones which teams of old never recovered from. And yes, Washington's passing attack is lethal, but, they've never faced a team with a dominant defense/pass rush all season, they can't run the ball, and their defense is very suspect. It graded nearly as poorly, if not worse than, USC's defense in certain areas, if that tells you anything. Next week will be a clock management and field position game if we ever had one. Run the ball constantly to keep Penix off the field, and pressure him incessantly to keep them off schedule. 

Agree.  Have to implement the ghost of Bo Schembechler game plan.

41 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Props to Texas for not giving up and atleast making it interesting at the end, but my goodness, can you be any more self destructive than they were last night? 

Well at least my Horns put up a fight. Unlike Florida, just rolling over and playing dead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

Props to Texas for not giving up and at least making it interesting at the end, but my goodness, can you be any more self destructive than they were last night? 

Michigan made an earnest attempt. Our special teams unit was BRUTAL yesterday.

• Like 1