Herbert vs Lawrence

Hunter2_1

Herbert vs Lawrence  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better now and immediate future

• Herbert
    • Lawrence

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's weird to see a 50-50 split and wonder if, as a Jaguars fan...it's homerism to actually think my QB is substantially better.  I've never experienced this before.  This is new.

At this point, yes.

But it's not outside the realm of possibilities by the end of the season, imo.

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's weird to see a 50-50 split and wonder if, as a Jaguars fan...it's homerism to actually think my QB is substantially better.  I've never experienced this before.  This is new.

The poll and the OP asked two different things. One said better now (and immediate future) and the other said who’ll be better this season (and immediate future).

I voted TL because I thought he’d have a better season, but right now ranking QBs I’d put Hebert higher. 

Herbert is definitely the football nerd pick, but I feel like he doesn't have that "it" factor that he showed in the 2021 week 17 game vs. the Raiders. Even though it was a loss, he may have put together the best string of 4th down plays I have ever seen. 

Conversely, Lawrence seems to thrive more in the big moments. As a decision-maker, he reminds me of Luck. He will put the ball in harm's way throughout a game, but he really dials it up when he needs to.

As many have said, right now, I would take Herbert with Lawerence's arrow pointing up. Funnily enough, my comp to Lawrence coming out was Herbert.

• Like 2

While I'm a big fan of Herbert, I still feel like Lawrence really showed something big in that Wildcard performance.  You could very fairly give him heat for throwing all the picks in the first half, but how many quarterbacks ever would have been able to keep it together in their first ever career playoff game and come back in the second half like that.  That was the stuff of greatness.

By comparison, I would have ranked Herbert above Lawrence before that game, but he came up small when the team needed him to.  All the Chargers would have needed in the second half was one touchdown from the offense and that game was probably out of reach for the Jags.  Herbert didn't deliver.  You have to be able to put opponents away in those situations - especially in the playoffs!

On 8/23/2023 at 9:56 PM, jsthomp2007 said:

They both have really nice hair, so I don't know who to choose.  

Lawrence’s is a little too straight for me. Just nudges over the feminine line, imo. Justin’s is surfer cool, rocker cool, campus cool….all the cools.

• 4 months later...