Preseason, Week 2: VIKINGS (0-1) vs. Titans (0-0)

swede700

Game 2

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&hevs. NFL_Titans_zpsvqqs5bia.gif?width=160&hei

When:  8:00 PM EST August 19th

Where: US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: KMSP (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); Replay on NFLN: TBD

Announcers: Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber

Coverage Map:  TBD

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Titans - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None 

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, Sad People said:

Sounds like the Titans DL has been very good so far in mini camp and TC interested in seeing how the Vikings OL holds up. 

Depends if they/we actually play starters. That's one of the frustrating things about the new 3 game preseason: you never know which if/any starters will play.  Used to be you could count on Game 3 as the "dress rehearsal." Now that just doesn't seem to be the case. 

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Depends if they/we actually play starters. That's one of the frustrating things about the new 3 game preseason: you never know which if/any starters will play.  Used to be you could count on Game 3 as the "dress rehearsal." Now that just doesn't seem to be the case. 

Agreed with this. Ingram was the main man I had in mind when typing this out. 

20 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

They'll get the reps against each other in the joint practices this week. Coaches will gain a lot of valuable insight this week before the game even happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Why?

He looked OK the little bit I watched yesterday and his box score stats seem solid for a 2nd year QB. 

I've never been impressed with him besides his athleticism. I guess he did alright vs the 3rd/4th string though. 

I'm not sure there is really anything impressive in his passing game. He's not accurate, and doesn't seem to sense pressure well at all. He got sacked 1 time for every 6 dropbacks last season. 

Maybe he's improved but I have yet to see it.

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I've never been impressed with him besides his athleticism. I guess he did alright vs the 3rd/4th string though. 

I'm not sure there is really anything impressive in his passing game. He's not accurate, and doesn't seem to sense pressure well at all. He got sacked 1 time for every 6 dropbacks last season. 

Maybe he's improved but I have yet to see it.

Looks like the Titans alternated Willis and Levis throughout the game. Both of them each got sacked 4x, both threw 1 INT, Willis did fumble 2x and lost one.

Jury is still out on him but it looks like it is an open competition to be Tannehill's backup and likely an open competition between the two next off-season. Room for improvement no doubt but to write him off and call for a position switch after his 4th preseason game is premature IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Looks like the Titans alternated Willis and Levis throughout the game. Both of them each got sacked 4x, both threw 1 INT, Willis did fumble 2x and lost one.

Jury is still out on him but it looks like it is an open competition to be Tannehill's backup and likely an open competition between the two next off-season. Room for improvement no doubt but to write him off and call for a position switch after his 4th preseason game is premature IMO.

This really highlights that the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league. Last year Malik Willis was a draft darling, even being projected to go 1st round. I think most knew he was raw and would need time to develop as the physical skills are there but this year, because he's not tearing it up, he's a bum. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Wundy said:

This really highlights that the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league. Last year Malik Willis was a draft darling, even being projected to go 1st round. I think most knew he was raw and would need time to develop as the physical skills are there but this year, because he's not tearing it up, he's a bum. 

I give Tennessee credit for being patient with him at least.

I didn't write off Joe Webb, Terrelle Pryor, Tim Tebow, Lamar Jackson etc. I just don't have much confidence in Willis as a QB, but do see potential in him as an athlete/gadget player. 

Maybe he'll prove me wrong and have a huge game against us!

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I didn't write off Joe Webb, Terrelle Pryor, Tim Tebow, Lamar Jackson etc. 

To quote an old Sesame Street song..."One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong."  Lamar Jackson doesn't belong on your list.  Jackson is a top flight QB.  I predict he will be an MVP candidate this season. 

Also, teams and fans are entirely to impatient...especially with young, raw QBs.

• Like 3