Preseason game 2 GDT (I think it's against Denver)

Forge

I will say that Denver did a great job getting their hands up against Lance, the screen obviously was batted, that pass near our own goal line that Trey donked of the Denver defenders facemask, and the Latu TD were all impacted be a DLineman getting their hands on the ball. 

I had to go re-watch the Latu TD because something about it looked off; and no I am not talking about Latu catching the ball.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

You think it's ambry? What a crazy career for that young man 

Yeah, it's going to be him to start the season. He's had a close to camp and was opposite Ward to start the game. He played well today minus biting on that double move late in the half. 

4 hours ago, Geek said:

They really are running Russ in the preseason? Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Payton spoke publicly about how fit Russ is now after they had him drop 15ish lbs. Said he looked a lot quicker. 

I think they were trying to put it on film so that teams respect his rushing ability while calling a defense. Should help open up some throwing lanes for him. 

He looked like vintage Russ rushing the ball. He was running and it wasn't like we were hitting him. 

Payton knows how to scheme up a run game. Perine and javonte is a helluva 1-2 punch. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What the hell is Wish doing? Lol. 

He must have been trying something new and completely shanked it. They let him do it twice and then made him just kick it frisbee style (spinning end to end but horizontally). I am pretty disappointed he messed it up twice because they may not let him do it again lol  

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, it's going to be him to start the season. He's had a close to camp and was opposite Ward to start the game. He played well today minus biting on that double move late in the half. 

Yeah, but that was a really big bite of cheese, bruh ate the whole wheel. Womack looks good out there too, although Thomas seems to have the inside track on that job.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How does Trey become smoother though? Even in practice he gets better as the practice progresses but he's a rhythm player. Is Kyle going the safe route for QB2? Even then, Darnold is far from a safe back up with his TO history. 

Trey will be the scout QB. QB2 will be Darnold and he will get basically 0 practice reps. He goes into the game if Purdy is hurt because he was actually game planning all week. 

So, it's possible Darnold plays and does well and gets the start the following week in this scenario. 

Far more likely Darnold is bad and then Kyle has a decision to make. Just because he's been the scout QB, doesn't mean Trey couldn't start the following game. 

Tonight was a step in the right direction for Trey. Eventually he will figure out how to start a game in rhythm. He had one terrible, terrible duck after moving in the pocket and putting the ball down for a second. I honestly thought was tipped it was so bad. 

He also had some really nice, athletic plays where he threw with accuracy. He started to see the field a bit better. I thought he was moving pretty well. He got the ball out of his hands a lot better. Threw into some windows and had a couple of well placed balls, one in particular to Willie snead over the middle was good because he led him away from the defender and put it where only his WR had a shot. It was a good ball. 

More importantly, Purdy looked like Purdy tonight, his scrambling ability is just straight up fun to watch. I thought he was going to escape after he used that spin move.

This offense is going to be so much fun. 2021 deebo is back and we have cmc this time. Can't f ucking wait 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I want to see the throw from Trey to Latu that was incomplete by the end zone again. Did Latu have a chance there or was the ball shot hopped to him? 

Trey has some work to do but he's definitely more accurate than he's been in the past. 

I was at the game thought Latu had a chance thought he should faded up towards the ball from his route. It was a tough throw Lance got smashed. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is wild. I mean, I don't care much about the performance in a broader spectrum, but what is this coverage of Lance?

They didn't even watch.. sounds like that nfl network guy who's always talking out his ***

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This is wild. I mean, I don't care much about the performance in a broader spectrum, but what is this coverage of Lance?

Orlovsky and Michael Lombardi overreact after last game (I’m sure there were more) and now they’re in CYA mode just like when he was drafted.

Personally I hope Trey somehow turns into a HoF QB just so I can watch Michael Lombardi try and explain how he was still right about him.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Orlovsky and Michael Lombardi overreact after last game (I’m sure there were more) and now they’re in CYA mode just like when he was drafted.

Personally I hope Trey somehow turns into a HoF QB just so I can watch Michael Lombardi try and explain how he was still right about him.

Or they are just making assumptions off of last game. Who knows, it doesn’t really matter.

10 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Yeah, but that was a really big bite of cheese, bruh ate the whole wheel. Womack looks good out there too, although Thomas seems to have the inside track on that job.

I mean Womack was beat deep last game himself. Once the QB didn't see the WR running wide open and the other time the catch got overturned to a incomplete. Thomas will get the first go at it though and Wilks will adjust if he has to. 

Both looking good so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Womack was beat deep last game himself. Once the QB didn't see the WR running wide open and the other time the catch got overturned to a incomplete. Thomas will get the first go at it though and Wilks will adjust if he has to. 

Both looking good so far. 

I don't think ambry played another snap after letting up that TD