2023 Offensive line.

Old Guy

13 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

If you listen to LaFleur after yesterday’s game, I’m not sure he’s happy about it. Then again, he’s a pushover that allowed it to happen. 

What exactly should MLF do here? Override Bakh and medical if they're both in agreement?

I don't see any way that ever goes well for MLF/the organization if that were to happen.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

This is just ridiculous hyperbole not worth discussing.

No- Your excusing players who don't want to play when they aren't injured is ridiculous and not worth discussing.  Should we sign a player who is ultra talented, but for religious reasons won't play on Sundays?   I know hyperbole because you refuse to see the larger impact of these actions.    If Bahk was sat while not injured, are you OK with the QB getting hurt when a backup misses the block?  Do you think the other players in the locker room think it is OK?

Let's eat up the salary cap on part time players.  Special treatment rarely works out for the team, only the player be treated as special.

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

What exactly should MLF do here? Override Bakh and medical if they're both in agreement?

I don't see any way that ever goes well for MLF/the organization if that were to happen.

Let me preface this with ;  If the reason Bakh sat out was purely due to the field surface and not injury - He needs to stone up and not allow it on his team.   If Bakh is going to be a part time player than he needs to essentially make him a bench player.  Move on from him as soon as possible.

I'm an optimist.  This is a rebuilding year, and in some ways it's good to get a look at Walker.  Figure out what you've got, and whether or not he can be a starter on a winning team beyond this season.  

I have no idea how the season will roll.  Maybe offense will stink, our run-defense will always be yesterday bad, and playoffs are not a possibility?  Or maybe against non-Bijan teams our run defense will be reasonably anti-awful; Watson and Jones will come back and the offense will be reasonably decent; and maybe Bakhti will play turf in playoffs and in late-season approaching playoffs.  Beats me.  

David Bakhtiari has spent two years dealing with complications from a knee injury, he's not healthy, probably will never be again until he gets knee replacement surgery. He guts it out and still gives us all pro level play when he's out there. He sat down with the staff and made a plan to get him through the season and the beer and hoagie crowd is too obtuse to see it from the couch.

Hope Bakh gives Lambeau the bird too if they give him any grief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

David Bakhtiari has spent two years dealing with complications from a knee injury, he's not healthy, probably will never be again until he gets knee replacement surgery. He guts it out and still gives us all pro level play when he's out there. He sat down with the staff and made a plan to get him through the season and the beer and hoagie crowd is too obtuse to see it from the couch.

To be fair, Bakh is part of the beer and hoagie crowd. 

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I see I got you with the Gary analogy! 

BTW, the front office and head coach did the same thing with Joe Barry. They sat down and laid out a plan for the year to give us the 'best' chance to stop opposing defenses and decided to bring him back. He's no all-pro but if the front office is OK with him why aren't you? 

Set the beer and hoagie down before you answer. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

How many teams play on natural grass that will be in playoff contention and need a LT? 

Gotta think that playoff contention is gonna sway him off the turf theory.

Maybe Jacksonville or Tennessee or Cleveland will get frisky.  Seattle already lost their starters at both spots.  Plus you have the inevitable injury that is yet to occur making some team desperate.

Bak will be movable at the deadline, but will we pull the trigger? Probably not for Love's sake.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Gotta think that playoff contention is gonna sway him off the turf theory.

Maybe Jacksonville or Tennessee or Cleveland will get frisky.  Seattle already lost their starters at both spots.  Plus you have the inevitable injury that is yet to occur making some team desperate.

Bak will be movable at the deadline, but will we pull the trigger? Probably not for Love's sake.

Cross is not long-term for Seattle, the RT out for year. I don't think Tennessee is a playoff team. Nobody is trading for Bak and not playing him at LT. 

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

If you listen to LaFleur after yesterday’s game, I’m not sure he’s happy about it. Then again, he’s a pushover that allowed it to happen. 

I listened to the presser MLF did.  I watched it live when he talked about Bakh.  Never did he talk about "turf" or anything like that.  He just said that it's going to be like this all year with him and we all know what he's been through with that knee.  

My takeaway was that MLF was frustrated with the question, not #69.

Now....I'll put on my tin foil hat.  I didn't see Bakh on the sideline, did anyone else?  It would seem odd that he wasn't there at all.  And if he wasn't there, that means we may have told him to stay home.  Which isn't good and would suggest that it was kind of a last minute thing when Bakh said he wouldn't play.

So this is certainly something worth watching closely.  And with that tin foil hat?  I'd say yesterday's absence moves the odds that he's gone next year up.  I'd go so far as to say if he won't play on turf (and that is speculation), then I'd look at moving him this year whenever we can and give game reps to Walker.

• Like 2