Packer RBs in 2024?

NFLGURU

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

😂

There isn't a GM in the league who would have been dumb enough to ask for that for a RB coming off of injury. He would have lost all credibility with any team and never done business with them again.

Your unconfirmed source is a buffoon for even putting that out there. They said they were looking for a FRP. Maybe they shot for Dillon as well but come on man. 

First. I have no idea what they discussed, I wasn't there.  Second, I don't have "Sources", I read it a brought it here clearly stating it was unconfirmed.  I have no way of knowing it's validity or what they may have wanted for Taylor.

23 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The Taylor talk is interesting.  On the surface, we know that paying a RB a large contract can be foolish.  Yet we've made it work with Aaron Jones.

I'd say Taylor wants to come here, being from UW.  But I'm just guessing at that.

We could have the money to afford him.  He would be great to pair with Love.

To me, it would come down to dollars.  If he wants top RB dollars, or the ability to re-set that market, no thanks.  If he wants to average 8-9M/year for a few years with some nice incentives?  Then I'll listen.  But I feel (again just me) that he is going to want bank.

The money shouldn't be a problem. With such a young team on rookie deals, they can afford to pay him mkt value. But on the other hand just having  a conversation with the Colts makes me believe that they lost faith in Dillon and don't think he's worth extending.

Edited by St Vince

19 minutes ago, St Vince said:

The money shouldn't be a problem. With such a young team on rookie deals they can afford to pay him mkt value. But on the other hand just having  a conversation with the Colts makes me believe that they they lost faith in Dillon and don't think he's worth extending.

They might just want to upgrade the RB room.  MLF came from Tenn where they had Derrick Henry in the offense.  Taylor might be closer to what they are looking for more than Dillon?  It will be interesting to see how Dillon does this year in his contract year.

You look at Dillon and he should be a TD machine inside the 5.  He isn't.  We'll see what happens this year.

Edited by NFLGURU

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

They might just want to upgrade the RB room.  MLF came from Tenn where they had Derrick Henry in the offense.  Taylor might be closer to what they are looking for more than Dillon?  It will be interesting to see how Dillon does this year in his contract year.

You look at Dillon and he should be a TD machine inside the 5.  He isn't.  We'll see what happens this year.

How do you become a TD machine inside the five when your HOF QB checks off to passes? Packers don't commit to running it in.

Dillon's numbers are effected because we have a legit #1 RB in Jones. He's a pretty damn good all-around back who isn't going to break the bank. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

😂

There isn't a GM in the league who would have been dumb enough to ask for that for a RB coming off of injury. He would have lost all credibility with any team and never done business with them again. If he was forced to do this by his dumbass owner, he should have resigned on the spot because he just lost all credibility around the league. 

I would have been irate had they traded Watson straight up for Taylor. 

Your unconfirmed source is a buffoon for even putting that out there. They said they were looking for a FRP. Maybe they shot for Dillon as well but come on man. 

I wouldn't trade Watson for Taylor + a 1st.

20 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

How do you become a TD machine inside the five when your HOF QB checks off to passes? Packers don't commit to running it in.

Dillon's numbers are effected because we have a legit #1 RB in Jones. He's a pretty damn good all-around back who isn't going to break the bank. 

Agree on Jones, but the Packers apparent interest in Taylor says a lot.  We'll see how it plays out with Dillon.