Packer RBs in 2024?

NFLGURU

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Mark It Zero GIFs | Tenor

You let Dillon walk. I'd make less of an effort to resign him than we did with Jamaal Williams (who is a better player). If a RB does not add any "special" to your offense, you should just move on and go younger and cheaper. 

Yeah, that's the way I'd lean too, but he does have value. Right now he's an 800 yd, 6 TD, 4.2 ypc guy. At $7M/year I'd pass. At $3-4M/year, I'd be on board. 

It's August, they get injured a lot. Might be a tad early to be talking about a position group that can be volatile for all 32 teams a year from now. 

But what the heck, I'll play along, if Jones and Dillon are both healthy, one will be back. From there it is a crapshoot. 

He made a comment in the offseason about being too much in his head last year, and focusing so hard on not messing up that he really didn't let his game just flow. I think he is going to have a good year this year, and I agree with people saying he should be an easy resign. I think Dillon is defiantly a two contract Packer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

He made a comment in the offseason about being too much in his head last year, and focusing so hard on not messing up that he really didn't let his game just flow. I think he is going to have a good year this year, and I agree with people saying he should be an easy resign. I think Dillon is defiantly a two contract Packer.

defiantly.   Dude is apparently quite passionate about remaining a Packer!  I dare you to make me resign and not to re-sign me!  (**stamps foot, holds breath**)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Keep an eye on Jonathan Taylor to GB in 2024.  The stars might just align there.

Since the Colts had given him permission to seek a trade, I would think he (his agent) had some interest in the Packers and probably initiated it.  I dont think they were even close to a deal but it's certainly interesting.

Regardless of the unlikely happening of this trade, this one will linger in the weeds and will be back at some point until Taylor and the Colts resolve it.

Edited by NFLGURU

The Taylor talk is interesting.  On the surface, we know that paying a RB a large contract can be foolish.  Yet we've made it work with Aaron Jones.

I'd say Taylor wants to come here, being from UW.  But I'm just guessing at that.

We could have the money to afford him.  He would be great to pair with Love.

To me, it would come down to dollars.  If he wants top RB dollars, or the ability to re-set that market, no thanks.  If he wants to average 8-9M/year for a few years with some nice incentives?  Then I'll listen.  But I feel (again just me) that he is going to want bank.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Heard they wanted Dillon, Watson and a #1 (Unconfirmed).  They had no intention of dealing Taylor at least not right now.  That may change as things progress.

It’s all rumors and likely not more than 10% true. One take was they were asking MIA for Waddle and other compensation for the privilege of paying JT a huge contract. Either Irsay is back on that **** or it’s all BS to come back and say, “We tried, but no one was willing to deal what you’re worth.”  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Heard they wanted Dillon, Watson and a #1 (Unconfirmed).  They had no intention of dealing Taylor at least not right now.  That may change as things progress.

😂

There isn't a GM in the league who would have been dumb enough to ask for that for a RB coming off of injury. He would have lost all credibility with any team and never done business with them again. If he was forced to do this by his dumbass owner, he should have resigned on the spot because he just lost all credibility around the league. 

I would have been irate had they traded Watson straight up for Taylor. 

Your unconfirmed source is a buffoon for even putting that out there. They said they were looking for a FRP. Maybe they shot for Dillon as well but come on man. 

Edited by Old Guy