My current mock: 

Round 1: Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Clemson ILB
Round 2: Andrew Mukuba Clemson S
Round 3: Zion Nelson Miami (FL) OT
Round 4: Shemar Turner Texas A&M DE
Round 4b: Antwane Wells Jr. South Carolina WR
Round 6: Cam Hart Notre Dame CB
Round 7: Joe Milton III Tennessee QB

Steelers need to target defensive line…early. 

I don't think you need to go DL in the first round. Need to draft some rangy LB that can cover and a few DBs. Can use safety help, NB help and even outside corner help opposite Porter Jr going forward. 

Offensively, I think the OL was okay in pass protection but the run blocking was brutal to watch. This unit has a chance to be solid but going tackle may not be a bad thing. There is just no juice in the offense and there should be with Johnson/Pickens. Worst in the league last year in YAC and that needs to change. Canada will be gone if the offense doesn't get better but that's likely end of season and not during the season. Need to call more shot plays in the mean time and get Warren in space. 

Pickett made some terrible reads and flat out missed on a handful of throws but you let him get this season and then decide if he's the guy going forward or not. Potentially, this upcoming QB class has a chance to be very good but you need to get in the top 10 and this team is never that bad. 

Only one game though against a stacked team that has been playing together for some time. Not the end of the world.

Good luck going forward! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, warfelg said:

To me something that was frustrating was the “give up” the offense had. Too many guys just gave up on routes. Gave up on blocks. Offense is gonna hear it from T. 

I’m not trying to be a dbag, but this doesn’t inspire confidence in me 1 bit.

• Like 1

Rewatching parts of the game the worst part was the play of the OL and DL. 

Cole did a fine job last year but he needs to be replaced. The Niners just constantly attacked the gaps on either side of him then threw a LBer at the outside shoulder of the OG because they know the OG was helping inside. 

Moore did OK at times but Chucks keeps regressing. The fact that we don’t really have anyone else to throw at RT is frustrating unless they was to toss Jones in there. 

I saw someone point out that on the very first drive SF got to Kenny and he slammed his head on the turf rather hard on a play that wasn’t the sack. I’m kinda tired of seeing this same song and dance with Kenny’s bad games where there’s an OL breakdown, Kenny gets hit hard, and a WR drop early in the game. I checked play by play and that’s almost universal in all his bad games. 

The DL is the other problem. They did fine the first few plays then Cam got hurt. SF started attacking Loudermilk on every run play. I bet if you ran the tape of 10 run plays 9 of them were at Loudermilk or his side. Matt Ionnidis, Akeem Hicks, Christian Covington, Henry Anderson are all guys that should be getting phone calls from us this morning.