2023 College Football Thread

Norm

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It would, at a minimum, deal with one team being left out in the cold from the final four. Sure it doesn't deal with the 6th best team, but things drop off pretty quickly from the top handful, so it is less of an issue.

Seeing as this is the final season of the 4 team playoff, it seems pointless to debate it.

Ending the 4 team playoff era by excluding the SEC would be such a perfect ending.  It just has to happen.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

Michigan, Washington, Florida St. and Texas makes the most sense to me. Can't put Alabama in over Texas because Texas beat Alabama. Can't put Georgia in because they lost to Alabama. Can't put Ohio St. in over Texas because they didn't win their conference championship. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Would the playoffs be better with five teams qualifying, with an extra game between the two weakest teams to get in, leaving the winner to take the fourth spot. 

Man, **** off with this ****. 

The SEC lost. The amount of people bending over backwards to try and get the SEC in is insane. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Man, **** off with this ****. 

The SEC lost. The amount of people bending over backwards to try and get the SEC in is insane. 

Do you honestly think they will leave them out? The way I see it, this is not a difficult decision. 

1. Michigan - going to get beat down again though

2. Washington

3 Florida State

4. Texas

I somehow fear the 'committee,' will twist themselves into pretzels and figure out a way to screw Florida State and put Alabama in. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Do you honestly think they will leave them out? The way I see it, this is not a difficult decision. 

1. Michigan - going to get beat down again though

2. Washington

3 Florida State

4. Texas

I somehow fear the 'committee,' will twist themselves into pretzels and figure out a way to screw Florida State and put Alabama in. 

I think FSU getting screwed out is very possible. 

When that happens, there needs to be lawsuit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think FSU getting screwed out is very possible. 

When that happens, there needs to be lawsuit. 

I was thinking the same thing. I'd sue the **** out of them. I'd try to get an injunction as well. 

Also, if I were Florida State and this happened, I'd go and get 2023 National Champion banners and hang them in the stadium. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I get them "deserving" to be in but does anybody actually think FSU is going to win though? I'm guessing the moneyline would be like 90% whoever they play. 

Why play the games at all then? Just tell the teams go through the motions of the season, it won't matter because the SEC HAS to be represented in the playoffs. No matter what. 

Guess what, Michigan is going to be the #1 seed and have to play Alabama or Texas. They are going to get curb stomped so why don't they leave them out? They actually cheated during the season. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

As a Michigan fan, let me be the first to say, I think it's perfectly fair to keep both Bama and Georgia out 😉

Michigan and Washington fans both have to be salivating at the prospect of a first round matchup with FSU.  That alone is a signal that the debate about leaving FSU out of the CFP isn't totally crazy.

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Michigan and Washington fans both have to be salivating at the prospect of a first round matchup with FSU.  That alone is a signal that the debate about leaving FSU out of the CFP isn't totally crazy.

By leaving Florida State out you are saying there is nothing they could have done this season to earn a spot in the playoffs. They played and beat 2 SEC teams in non-conference games. They have the toughest SOS of all the teams that would be considered. 

This is about as easy a selection as the committee could have if there was no SEC bias. You have 5 power 5 conferences. Three have unbeaten teams. The other two conference Champions played during the regular season. Texas beat Alabama by 10 in Tuscaloosa. 

There is NOTHING arbitrary about this way of selecting teams.

The only reason Alabama or Georgia get in is SEC bias. It's really that simple! 

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

As a Michigan fan, let me be the first to say, I think it's perfectly fair to keep both Bama and Georgia out 😉

If this falls the way people are saying: Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama you get Alabama in semi-finals. 

OTOH, if it goes the way it should: MIchigan, Washington, Florida State, Texas you get the Longhorns. I actually think Alabama is the better match up. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

If this falls the way people are saying: Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama you get Alabama in semi-finals. 

OTOH, if it goes the way it should: MIchigan, Washington, Florida State, Texas you get the Longhorns. I actually think Alabama is the better match up. 

Texas has no defense. I don't fear any Big 12 team.