2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

24 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Trying to keep it Titans specific with our team needs...

Nabers of course and his teammate Brian Thomas Jr for LSU.

Alabama/Michigan-Dallas Turner (EDGE. Alabama)-Projected early 1st round, Terrion Arnold (CB, Alabama)-Projected early/mid 1st round, Kool-Aid McKinstry (CB. Alabama)-Projected early/mid 1st round, JC Latham (OT. Alabama)-Projected early 1st round, Chris Braswell (EDGE. Alabama)-Projected anywhere from late 1st to early 3rd, Jermaine Burton (WR. Alabama)- Projected 3rd/4th round, Roman Wilson (WR. Michigan)-Projected 3rd round

Texas/Washington-Rome Odunze (WR. Washington)-Projected early 1st round, Bralen Trice (EDGE. Washington)-Projected late 1st, Adonai(AD) Mitchell (WR. Texas)-Projected late 1st/early 2nd, Xavier Worthy (WR. Texas)-Projected late 1st-mid 2nd, Troy Fautanu (OG. Washington)-Projected late 1st/early 2nd, T'Vondre Sweat (NT. Texas)-Projected late 1st-early 2nd, Ja'Lynn Polk (WR. Washington)-Projected 2nd-3rd round, Jalen McMillan (WR. Washinton)-Projected anywhere from 3rd round to 5th round

Appreciate that mate. Yeah I was meant to say players who we would likely be looking at in the draft. Thank you again! 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 7:35 PM, KingTitan said:

I'm leaning more towards Alt if had to make a choice. Fashanu is an athlete and great. His hand usage worries me some. 

Alt im scared he can be beat by speed. 

But I'll take either happily. But I also don't expect them to be lockdown all pros day 1. 

I fear the same for Alt, and that's not really a great sign. Not only speed, but better athletes that could convert speed to power better. He's definitely more consistent than Olu has shown and a much better run blocker. If you want a day 1 starter, it's probably Alt. However, if you want highest upside, it's quite easily Olu. I don't think Alt will ever be an All-Pro at the next level, I think if he cleans up a couple of things, Fashanu just might be. Idk, I'm kind of torn between who I want. Even started entertaining the idea of MHJ or Nabers more, if we keep moving up the Draft order.

14 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I fear the same for Alt, and that's not really a great sign. Not only speed, but better athletes that could convert speed to power better. He's definitely more consistent than Olu has shown and a much better run blocker. If you want a day 1 starter, it's probably Alt. However, if you want highest upside, it's quite easily Olu. I don't think Alt will ever be an All-Pro at the next level, I think if he cleans up a couple of things, Fashanu just might be. Idk, I'm kind of torn between who I want. Even started entertaining the idea of MHJ or Nabers more, if we keep moving up the Draft order.

Yeah. I'm already preparing for the disappointment when the OT gives up a couple ugly sacks. The claims that the coaches suck and we suck at drafting.
Neither one of those guys are going to come in and just be Joe Thomas, I feel. But that might be the expectation for the casual fan and good portion of Titan's fan base. 

5 hours ago, Titansfan said:

Well let’s hope he has nothing to clean up come draft day because this coaching staff seems incapable of developing linemen. 

Kind of my concern with Fashanu. He’s a stellar prospect but without decent coaching to maximize his talent, he will get beaten by good pass rushers with a big set of moves. Still probably a significant improvement over what we have.

5 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

A feeling deep in my bones tells me no way take WR with the first pick. Have a feeling we wait till 2nd or do something like trade up into the third.

Imo we should, if one of the two top OTs is there in the first. There will be good WRs available at our second pick. It’s a really good and deep WR class. Could be Troy Franklin, or Adonai Mitchell, or even Egbuka could reasonably be there in the 40s.

So far not seeing anything that would make me want to take JC Latham at #7 if the top 2 are gone. 
Saw him got bull rushed pretty good and I'm not sure if he is quick enough on the edge. Looks like an OG to me. 

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Said it earlier this year, Odunze is a stud. Multiple years of production. Not sure I’d take him with a top 6 pick but if we do trade back in the 9-13 range…. HELL YES!!!

Was just coming to post this lol.. If we were to trade down Odunze would be at the top of my list

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Said it earlier this year, Odunze is a stud. Multiple years of production. Not sure I’d take him with a top 6 pick but if we do trade back in the 9-13 range…. HELL YES!!!

I’m right there with you. He and Bowers are my ideal guys if we trade back to that range.

He and Nabers would be the top WR in any other class. A special WR class.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Also Penix…. Dude is a damn stud. Great deep ball and he’s a damn wizard in the pocket. Him and Daniels I could very well see going all the way up in the top 5.

If it wasn’t for his medical history he’d be top 5 for sure.. he still could sneak in the conversation if everything checks out

10 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Also Penix…. Dude is a damn stud. Great deep ball and he’s a damn wizard in the pocket. Him and Daniels I could very well see going all the way up in the top 5.

To me he is Hendon Hooker with better press.  

Old. Injuries. 

Different system but will be torn apart in the draft process. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Old. Injuries. 

Injury history I get but he’s been healthy for two straight seasons and put up huge numbers. He’s a way better QB than Hooker. He’ll be 24 at the start of next season so not exactly old. No different than Levis. Top 5 is probably pushing it but top of the first round is definitely a possibility. 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Old. Injuries. 

I feel the main difference is he isn’t injured during the draft process. Being able to participate in the senior bowl, combine and pro day could be very beneficial for him. Playing big time in the CFP doesn’t hurt either.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I feel the main difference is he isn’t injured during the draft process. Being able to participate in the senior bowl, combine and pro day could be very beneficial for him. Playing big time in the CFP doesn’t hurt either.

Yeah. Fabulous college QB. I just doubt if it translates to franchise QB. 

Very good QB maybe. Tua, Goff like maybe. 

I think if Hendon could have thrown them it would have got him late 1st. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. Fabulous college QB. I just doubt if it translates to franchise QB. 

Very good QB maybe. Tua, Goff like maybe. 

I think if Hendon could have thrown them it would have got him late 1st. 

See, if I’m a team like Minnesota and Kevin O’Connell, I’m wondering why can’t I turn him into my version of Tua, Goff or Purdy in my system. Especially with the weapons and decent OL I already have in place.

• Like 1