2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Good stuff, if I had to pick it’ll be McConkey. Has a lil jordy Nelson to his game just not as explosive but he gets open, & isn’t stiff 

I don't know enough about Tyke Tolbert myself.  He's got a good reputation, and if he has a good history of developing talent, I'd go with the higher upside guys.

McConkey is the most ready to contribute Day 1 of the group that's likely to be there in the second round imo.  I'm assuming that MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas, Mitchell, and Franklin are likely to all be gone by our second pick.  So I think that leaves us with that third tier of players, so I'm going through the film more closely on those guys now.

I think Walker, Worthy, and Burton are in the same tier as the three I posted.  I'm leaning towards preferring Coleman, Legette, and McConkey to the other three.  And probably in that order.  McConkey looks like the safest pick by far.

Edited by Daniel

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Really like what I see watching him. Smooth attacks leverage, a natural hands catcher, body control, YAC ability, my favorite can stack DB’s 

NFL comp for me terry mclaurin 

I’ve been watching a lot of Baker lately and he’s goin to be good I really like his game 

28 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i’ve been a little suspicious of all the conversation of how callahan can turn water into wine on the OL- at the end of the day we still need good players- but thorn is a guy i trust on OL eval and play and even he seems to regard callahan as kind of a miracle worker lol. i will say a guy like mims, or a kiran amegadjie in the second have become way more enticing now.

I’ve been in favor of trading down. For me & this my perspective Alt doesn’t scream #7 best player in the draft. He really reminds me of Eric Fisher, Jake Matthews. He’s good but he jumps off solid not elite, but he’s the best T simply because he’s a finished product that’s polished. Fashanu is an athletic & finesse but offers nothing in the ground game, I like my T’s good in both especially taking 1 at 7. I really like Mimms but I definitely wouldn’t take him at 7, he has the biggest upside of any OT in the draft I think his floor is Marcus McNeil former T for the chargers, Ceiling Tyron Smith. 

24 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I’ve been watching a lot of Baker lately and he’s goin to be good I really like his game 

He’s gone be 1 of them 1’s that becomes 1 of the best WR’s in the league & was a 2nd -3rd round pick. Wouldn’t mind him at all 

Continuing on the list of second round receiver tape: Worthy.  Plays the fastest of any WR in this class except maybe Nabers, so upside is there right off the bat.  But.  Suspect hands, trouble being where he needs to be to get the ball, especially when he's operating as a deep threat.  And it's hard to judge his route running because so much of his game is speed.  But he has more than a little shiftiness to him.  He's also undersized.  Tremendous upside, but a metric ton of red flags.

One that's really tough to analyze, which is why I think he's going under the radar, is Burton.  I like a lot of what I see, but he's a bit of a projection.  Almost all Bama asks of him is to run go routes or block (which he's bad at), and tape of him that isn't just highlights is hard to find.  You don't see a ton of change of direction ability, but some traits are there.  Here, you can see how fast he is.  He's also very fluid in how he moves around, when he does.  And he has very reliable hands.  Looks like a very solid vertical threat, combine will be big for him.

Lastly, Walker.  Walker is kinda like Burton if Burton had a competent QB to throw to him.  He mostly just does go routes or crossing routes.  You don't see him do much other than running in a straight line.  Not posting the videos, because frankly, they're terrible.  Walker is barely on screen.  He's got better size than Burton, but I don't see much that says he's more than a guy who can run deep and track the ball when it's there.  Also, Maye tends to make fantastic throws, so I can't say much about his catch radius either.  Bad Senior Bowl tells me that maybe a deep threat is all that he is.

Kids a stud. If we decide to trade back 4-5 picks with someone like Denver or Minnesota(move up in front of ATL for a QB), Fuaga would be an excellent pick. Pick up an extra pick, plus still land a damn good player who I think Callahan could probably turn into an all-pro.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Kids a stud. If we decide to trade back 4-5 picks with someone like Denver or Minnesota(move up in front of ATL for a QB), Fuaga would be an excellent pick. Pick up an extra pick, plus still land a damn good player who I think Callahan could probably turn into an all-pro.

Mims and Fuaga are the two guys outside of the top guys who I feel could turn into absolute studs (All Pro potential) under Callahan and Fuchs. So much good to work with with both those guys.

54 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Mims and Fuaga are the two guys outside of the top guys who I feel could turn into absolute studs (All Pro potential) under Callahan and Fuchs. So much good to work with with both those guys.

A lot if people seem to have Fuaga as one of the top guys.

15 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Here's the whole video for context, Schwartz also highlights some pass pro issues that I couldn't necessarily articulate before, but makes a lot of sense. I thought he looked like T might not be his position in the NFL, and somehow I kind of knew it wasn't necessarily lateral quickness because he shows it in run blocking but just couldn't quite put my finger on it. Also, he makes a point that some of those dropbacks are 5 yards deep or so. In the NFL, that will probably lead to more sacks or hits. 

But yeah, as far as run blocking, he's a beast and by far the best T in this class. To me, he is easily among the top 5 most polarizing prospects of this year.

4 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

This is exactly what I was saying he’s athletic finesse Tackle, Eric Fisher Jake Matthews. I don’t see dog in him 

I get the concerns but you also just compared him to two guys who manned the LT spot for their teams for close to a decade. If that’s what a “no dog”, athletic finesse tackle brings me, sign me up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I get the concerns but you also just compared him to two guys who manned the LT spot for their teams for close to a decade. If that’s what a “no dog”, athletic finesse tackle brings me, sign me up.

Exactly. Guys are expecting every pick to be a superstar and yea a top 10 pick should turn into an elite player but getting a consistent good LT for the next 10 years is fine by me.

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

What even is an athletic finesse tackle? Because broadly, I think we tend to talk about guys as either athletic or finesse guys. If you’re both then I think the term is “complete.”

That stuff sounds like just betting against the market to be a contrarian.

• Like 1