2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

5 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

How do you all feel about Devontez Walker? I'm a big fan. Kid's a stud. 

Not a fan. Senior bowl was rough. Might have had the worst hands there. He can move tho

12 hours ago, -Hope- said:

starting to really like ladd mcconkey in the second. he's probably not a 1, but you put him across from d-hop and i think he comes in and eats right away. i'm also beginning to wonder about keon coleman if he falls....he's definitely riskier to me, and as a bigger/slower WR i've been very bearish on him for the same reasons i'm iffy on odunze (but magnified much more with coleman)...but his overall RAS and visible fluidity today were better than i expected, even though the 40 was terrible. lower floor but higher ceiling.

Love Ladd but man he is too similar to Kyle Phillips. I'm debating internally if the Titans should do it. 

One strategy I've been thinking is of the Titans trade down in the 2nd and take Ricky Pearsall. Tested well, played well in the senior bowl. 

59 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

Love Ladd but man he is too similar to Kyle Phillips. I'm debating internally if the Titans should do it. 

One strategy I've been thinking is of the Titans trade down in the 2nd and take Ricky Pearsall. Tested well, played well in the senior bowl. 

McConkey would be unexciting, but I'm of the opinion that the cupboard is bare, so literally any WR would be a fit for the team.  I think McConkey is what everyone hyped up Phillips to be in the offseason.  Plus, McConkey is a little taller, arms are a little longer, and he's way more athletic.

I'm hoping for Coleman, in an ideal world.  But I'd be happy with Legette too, if they think they can develop the upside.

Three very different receivers, but I'd be happy with any of them.  Stay far, far away from Xavier Worthy.

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

With Worthy’s hands and weight, I hope someone reaches for him in the first so the Titans aren’t tempted.

i don't know how worthy's going to turn out in the nfl but the concern over his hands is way overblown. his drop rate was fine this season and it was inflated last year because he played half of 2022 with a broken hand.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

McConkey would be unexciting, but I'm of the opinion that the cupboard is bare, so literally any WR would be a fit for the team.  I think McConkey is what everyone hyped up Phillips to be in the offseason.  Plus, McConkey is a little taller, arms are a little longer, and he's way more athletic.

I'm hoping for Coleman, in an ideal world.  But I'd be happy with Legette too, if they think they can develop the upside.

Three very different receivers, but I'd be happy with any of them.  Stay far, far away from Xavier Worthy.

I was a pretty enthusiastic Phillips believer, but even I, back then, would have told you McConkey is still considerably better as a prospect.

Using Phillips as a pro comp also seems pretty diminishing of an argument to make. I'd say he's a legit more explosive Adam Thielen or Hunter Renfrow, and I definitely think he could be one of the better #2 options in the league in any passing game that could play to his strengths. His ceiling is lower than both Coleman's or Legette's, but I'd argue his floor is higher, for the time being, and perhaps his realistic projection as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I was a pretty enthusiastic Phillips believer, but even I, back then, would have told you McConkey is still considerably better as a prospect.

Using Phillips as a pro comp also seems pretty diminishing of an argument to make. I'd say he's a legit more explosive Adam Thielen or Hunter Renfrow, and I definitely think he could be one of the better #2 options in the league in any passing game that could play to his strengths. His ceiling is lower than both Coleman's or Legette's, but I'd argue his floor is higher, for the time being, and perhaps his realistic projection as well.

I agree with the lower ceiling higher floor. He doesn’t have elite size, speed, or catch radius, but he is every bit as athletic as a WR needs to be, is a crisp route runner, and has super dependable hands.

He’d be the safest WR pick we could make on that second day imo.

• Like 1

Love this breakdown of his game by Steve Smith. I truly think he’s the diamond in the dirt WR of this draft; you know the WR that went under the radar & became a star. Big hands route savy attacks the ball, has a nice release package. 
steve player comp, Brandon Lloyd with Chad Johnson footwork & route running.

2 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Couldn't find much film on Baker, but yes, the little I saw, was very impressed, as well. Heavily overlooked right now, could turn into a very solid WR in the league.

Definitely, I love watching his tape when I’m YouTube, he has all the traits I love in a WR, can catch, run routes & separate, understands how to attack a DB hips & stack them, last but not least awareness. He understands coverages how sit in the hole in zone, how to break a route at the stem.

Rome feels like our guy to me. If he's there at 7 we're taking him. He just feels special. Not sure what the plan is at Tackle, but having a guy like Rome is an offense changer. From everything we've heard from Cally and Ran, we're putting a premium on adding playmakers to the offense, and Rome is definitely that. A true alpha WR prospect with a superstar work ethic. He's an easy guy to root for and the combine performance just further emphasizes all of the things that the film backs up. You add in that he was the only one of the top 3 receivers that wanted to work out, and that is another big time positive to me. That kind of stuff matters to teams. He wants to compete and get better at everything. He's crushed the entire process. I hope he makes it to 7. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before Nabers by draft time.

• Like 1

Started going into the DL class, and so far I don't understand why Ruke Orhorhoro isn't talked about more. Not ideal size, ok, but he is an elite athlete and it shows on film. If he figures out a solid pass rush arsenal, better watch out.