2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I like a little diva in a top receiver.  I feel like most of the top end NFL receivers have some of it in them.  They should think they're the best if they're gonna be out here trying to be the best.

Jamaar Chase has the perfect amount of diva.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Would anyone consider Hopkins a diva? 

this probably doesnt answer this question

but watching Hopkins last year...such an absolute privilege watching a future HOF do his thing. Obviously he didn't have his best career statistically, and likely wont ever again at this point, but the nuance and skill he has in his game....what a player he is. what an absolute effing football player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

this probably doesnt answer this question

but watching Hopkins last year...such an absolute privilege watching a future HOF do his thing. Obviously he didn't have his best career statistically, and likely wont ever again at this point, but the nuance and skill he has in his game....what a player he is. what an absolute effing football player.

This is why I don't worry about players like him. He will productive as long as he wants to keep playing and stays injury free for most part. 
WRs like him can go until they about 35. 

Nobody compares to the GOAT, Jerry Rice, but he was still throwing up 1100-yard seasons at 40. 

Invest in diva route running WRs with even a little juice and you can have a decade plus long player. 
Diva like OBJ that was built on speed, you see what happens. 

52 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This is why I don't worry about players like him. He will productive as long as he wants to keep playing and stays injury free for most part. 
WRs like him can go until they about 35. 

Nobody compares to the GOAT, Jerry Rice, but he was still throwing up 1100-yard seasons at 40. 

Invest in diva route running WRs with even a little juice and you can have a decade plus long player. 
Diva like OBJ that was built on speed, you see what happens. 

on the note of OBJ tho...I do think he would've had a special career if he never got hurt the way he did. I think he is/was truly dedicated to the craft the same way Hopkins is.

The guy who really baffles me is Julio. He had to have been a maniacal worker to have the career he did, but talk about a schmuck ending to a HOF career.

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

on the note of OBJ tho...I do think he would've had a special career if he never got hurt the way he did. I think he is/was truly dedicated to the craft the same way Hopkins is.

The guy who really baffles me is Julio. He had to have been a maniacal worker to have the career he did, but talk about a schmuck ending to a HOF career.

Hamstrings killed his career, his game was built off explosiveness too many hamstring injuries will rob you of your juice 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Hamstrings killed his career, his game was built off explosiveness too many hamstring injuries will rob you of your juice 

i get that, but tea leaves kinda insinuated he wasn't working his tail off to recover from the hammy

probably unfair for me to speculate on...just something I thought was kinda interesting

this probably isn't fair to fautanu, but man the more i watch of him i just get aaron brewer flashbacks. he's a great mover who is undersized and can't handle power *at all.* it's not to the extreme degree that made brewer basically unplayable but i have a bad feeling that in the nfl we're gonna see him get tossed into the QB's lap more times than you'd like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this probably isn't fair to fautanu, but man the more i watch of him i just get aaron brewer flashbacks. he's a great mover who is undersized and can't handle power *at all.* it's not to the extreme degree that made brewer basically unplayable but i have a bad feeling that in the nfl we're gonna see him get tossed into the QB's lap more times than you'd like.

I think his issue with power is technique.  I think he doesn't do a good job of generating power from his lower body and overreaches.  Definitely fixable in the NFL imo.

He's built like a brick house and is 317 lbs despite the height, so it is weird to see him get beat by bull rushes the way he does.  Just look at them thighs!

01hryt6a9xfjn3aze8ea.jpg

I have some concerns. But I'm gonna trust respected people that he is OT1. 

Saw some getting pushed around. Missing run blocks. Looked a little slow some. 

But great technique. 

I don't see flawless prospect but all good.