2024 Draft

Ftn49

4 hours ago, GW21 said:

If I remember correctly TDN had one of the better mock draft simulators in years past; at least from a user experience standpoint. That is also just my opinion. 

The article talks about that quite a bit, it was the backbone of their success and ultimately why the company has failed. It's a long piece but pretty interesting.. common case of a narcissistic con artist running a company into the ground 

40 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I think that this staff values YAC very highly period. They've taken the highest YAC guys at their positions for years as a philosophical choice. The offense is less centrally oriented than it has been in the past, but Shanahan still gets more runaways and YAC opportunities than just about anyone else. Plus I think he just loves formational flexibility in personnel groups. And a direct Deebo replacement can play a bit of running back for you when you go matchup hunting in lighter personnel groups. Corley more than most fits as a Deebo replacement as he was a running back convert.

TL:DR it is possible that we could pivot to more traditional wide receivers with Brock, but we tend to hide very little with our top 30 visits. I'd take it at face value.

I'm not saying he does not value YAC, but I don't know if that's the first thing he looks at now.. especially with Purdy at QB. I think he will value a high level route runner over a pure YAC weapon. If the high level route runner has YAC ability? Then great! But even if you go the YAC route, Deebo is just different from any other receiver in the league. Teams have tried to draft similar players to him since 2019 and have largely failed. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Forge said:

I haven't read it all yet, but super interesting

I ended up reading it all....Took me forever and then only afterwards did I realize it was like 12k words as Arif stated in his tweet lol. 

Unfortunate all around but we have seen a million stories like this one. Dinakos seems to be completely inept and a flat out psycho. Not sure how that company has not completely shut down yet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I ended up reading it all....Took me forever and then only afterwards did I realize it was like 12k words as Arif stated in his tweet lol. 

Unfortunate all around but we have seen a million stories like this one. Dinakos seems to be completely inept and a flat out psycho. Not sure how that company has not completely shut down yet. 

What a ton of talent they had on there at the time. Ben Solak, Trevor Sikkema. I do remember how useful their descriptions were at the time and their simulator was the go to for a couple of years before pff used a lot of their ideas and then added some useful randomizing features.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lombardi gave us Barton in the Athletic's beat writer mock draft 

I'm a fan. He's good value at that pick and I like how he can play anywhere. I'd love to try him at tackle for a season and if that doesn't workout push him inside.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lombardi gave us Barton in the Athletic's beat writer mock draft 

You can just tell that man watches very little college football and just goes off consensus and then picked three popular names to players that have links to former/present 49ers greats. Waste of time seeing folks like Lombardi or Maiocco's mock drafts. Maiocco has value in that he has solid intel days before the draft on who the Niners may be targeting with their first round pick. That's all. 

6 minutes ago, Geek said:

I'm a fan. He's good value at that pick and I like how he can play anywhere. I'd love to try him at tackle for a season and if that doesn't workout push him inside.

I don't think he's going to be nearly good enough as a pass protector to play outside. For as dominant as he can be rolling downhill, I think he's kind of lumbering in the pass pro game. Doesn't have it in the hips to flip to the outside, I think the feet are slow laterally and I don't think he has the requisite control to live on an island. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Any chance Beebe drops to our 2nd round pick? If so, that's a plug and play day one guard that will be a pillar for years to come. Some really solid interior OL it seems like. 

I have no idea where Beebe goes. His athletic testing and tape screams second round pick, but folks had been doubting his athletic skills throughout the process - he does look stiff and hunched, but he's also dominating all the time and is immensely experienced. I've seen everything from second round pick to fifth round pick on the grading. So, yeah, I think he's probably there in the second, but there's enough variance in the distribution of how teams like him that he could go earlier.

4 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I have no idea where Beebe goes. His athletic testing and tape screams second round pick, but folks had been doubting his athletic skills throughout the process - he does look stiff and hunched, but he's also dominating all the time and is immensely experienced. I've seen everything from second round pick to fifth round pick on the grading. So, yeah, I think he's probably there in the second, but there's enough variance in the distribution of how teams like him that he could go earlier.

Got it. I think people are over thinking it with him. He's good and ready to play right away. Would be a significant upgrade over Burford. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Any chance Beebe drops to our 2nd round pick? If so, that's a plug and play day one guard that will be a pillar for years to come. Some really solid interior OL it seems like. 

I feel like that's right around his range. If he went 5-8 picks higher I wouldn't be surprised and if he went 20 picks later I wouldn't be surprised. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like that's right around his range. If he went 5-8 picks higher I wouldn't be surprised and if he went 20 picks later I wouldn't be surprised. 

Perfect, good to hear! 

You come away with a Mims/Beebe draft? You have your OL for the next 5+ years, even with Trent retiring after say 2025 or 2026. 

You want a stud corner or WR in the first round? Not a problem.

If we come away with Blackmon, then this FO did a hell of a job addressing our needs defensively and allow us to go offense heavy in the first three round. Obviously, that does not take them out of taking a CB or edge, but no real pressing need.