2024 Draft

Ftn49

2 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Just a thought exercise for your draft...which of these do you prefer:

KoolAid/Haynes/Washington or

McConkey/Haynes/Renardo Green?

I think I would slightly prefer the first, because CB is a tough position to draft and Kool Aid probably isn't going to bust.  Green is a baller though...

Personally either, but knowing Lynch and co, they haven’t drafted a corner in the first, sooooo 2nd. 

Okay, at 127 I said screw it, don't care and just took Luke McCaffrey. Really wanted to go Edge or DT, but wasn't in love with anyone there. Already took Washington, but didn't really care lol. Receiver room going to be a tough nut to crack this year. 

I was thinking between Marcus harris at DT, Jalyx Hunt at DE, Gabriel Murphy at DE, McKinnley jackson or Tyler Davis. 

Really just didn't care for any of those guys. 

Could have gone with Erick All at TE, or a running back, but I have one more pick at 135 before a big break until the 6th round. 

I don't think we're going to go after Mims simply because of his injury history. It feels like John and Kyle are going after durability this offseason. Unless he clears medical with flying colors I don't see us going that way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Okay, at 127 I said screw it, don't care and just took Luke McCaffrey. Really wanted to go Edge or DT, but wasn't in love with anyone there. Already took Washington, but didn't really care lol. Receiver room going to be a tough nut to crack this year. 

I was thinking between Marcus harris at DT, Jalyx Hunt at DE, Gabriel Murphy at DE, McKinnley jackson or Tyler Davis. 

Really just didn't care for any of those guys. 

Could have gone with Erick All at TE, or a running back, but I have one more pick at 135 before a big break until the 6th round. 

Erick All is inevitable. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Feels like Newton is starting to fall, and DRob is starting to rise (dammit).  Would anyone be unhappy if Newton is the pick at #31?  

If Newton is there when we pick, he will likely be my Are you Smarter than selection. He's probably at the top of my "guys who have at least a sliver of a chance at being available at 31" board. I don't love a foot fracture, but I think people are pulling off him way too much 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

If Newton is there when we pick, he will likely be my Are you Smarter than selection. He's probably at the top of my "guys who have at least a sliver of a chance at being available at 31" board. I don't love a foot fracture, but I think people are pulling off him way too much 

He's just too good of a player to pass up that deep in a draft. A bit like the Jeffery Simmons thing. Newton's capable of being the player that your defense is built around as Bosa ages. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JIllg said:

He's just too good of a player to pass up that deep in a draft. A bit like the Jeffery Simmons thing. Newton's capable of being the player that your defense is built around as Bosa ages. 

Chris Simms just had his DT rankings up (I don't know how the draft community views him, as I've been away from the draft for 3 years)...he had:

tier1:

Murphy

DRob

tier2:

Carter (Duke)

Newton

tier3:

Ruke

so he had Newton at #4, which is wild to me. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

3 picks before I'm up. 

I hate that I don't really love any of the defensive linemen. 

Khristian Boyd, Javon Solomon? 

Gabe Hall could be a good developmental guy.

All are worth taking a look at imo. Boyd is just a hulk. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere

22 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Khristian Boyd, Javon Solomon? 

Gabe Hall could be a good developmental guy. You could also go LBer

Solomon is down the list. I'd take jalyx hunt or Gabe Murphy first I think

I'd considered Boyd, not sure he fits what the niners like. I thought Marcus Harris may be more their style and fit with kocurek more

Hall is definitely interesting

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Solomon is down the list. I'd take jalyx hunt or Gabe Murphy first I think

I'd considered Boyd, not sure he fits what the niners like. I thought Marcus Harris may be more their style and fit with kocurek more

Hall is definitely interesting

As an Auburn guy, Marcus Harris was one of two players on the entire team that I enjoyed watching last year lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Chris Simms just had his DT rankings up (I don't know how the draft community views him, as I've been away from the draft for 3 years)...he had:

tier1:

Murphy

DRob

tier2:

Carter (Duke)

Newton

tier3:

Ruke

so he had Newton at #4, which is wild to me. 

I mean, it's a very weird take. Newton and Latu have been the two best defensive players in America for two years. Carter is a fun super high character player that probably has very little to give you physically that will eat rotational snaps unspectacularly. Putting the two in the same tier requires some wild classification choices. 

Murphy is fine to have ahead. It's close enough. Murphy was tremendous for the second half of the year, is young, and tested like the freaky athlete that is expected of a high pick. 

I like Robinson, but that also makes little sense. Robinson is both older and less productive than Newton in college. It takes some major injury hate to see that one.

3 hours ago, JIllg said:

As an Auburn guy, Marcus Harris was one of two players on the entire team that I enjoyed watching last year lol

I took Harris, but again, I really dislike this spot of the draft for defensive line. The selections are all just so uninspiring for me lol