2024 Draft

Ftn49

41 minutes ago, JIllg said:

It's funny also that while their policy of catching fallers seems awesome, it is also pretty hit or miss because some of those fallers are falling for a reason. Take Rashad Bateman or Odafe Oweh or whatever.

I will say that our attempts to try and grab the last "unspecific" member of a position group left over (often via trade) to add to fill a roster spot has been horrible. Better have been the the times where the team has felt really strongly about specific players and the value has actually matched the draft position. You can't get too specific on guys - there's a whole board of interesting options. But I do think that you do have to have conviction about your specific draft picks and how you see their particular skills meshing for you.

This is why I tend to ignore need in the beginning of the draft unless the fit is great (like Bosa).  Just get ballers who can ball.  Every team has holes. 

I will say, that if they are able to grab a Tackle early in this draft, it really opens up the rest of the draft for them...so I understand the strategy.  And there are so many good guys in the 30-80ish range, you don't want to be trying to think about a developmental backup Tackle there. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere

I don’t think we will trade out of the first just for the fact that we will want to use that 5th year option. 

I could see us attempt to trade up to get an Oline prospect if he falls into a comfortable spot, but I hope they don’t give up too much. 

2 more weeks! 

Have one more pick left, but basically done at this point. 

• #34 - Kool Aid Mckinstry, CB
  • #63 - Christian Haynes, OG
  • #94 - Malik Washington, WR
  • #106 - Cole Bishop, S
  • #124 - Javon Foster, RT
  • #127 - Luke McCaffrey, WR
  • #135 - Marcus Harris, DT
  • #211 - Rasheen Ali, RB
  • #215 - Jamal Hill, LB

Once again didn't like that late 4th round spot. In real life, I hope that we use a couple of those late 4ths to trade up in the early 4th. No tight end, may take one with the last pick but at this point we can assume that is not going to be an impact player right away, so we are probably going to give Saubert / Latu a chance as the TE2/3. 

No edge player here and I maintain that this draft just sucks at edge. 

Overall though, I think this run out was superior in terms of depth even with the double dip at receiver. Here was the first mock. 

#37 - Jordan Morgan
#59 - TJ Tampa, CB
#69 - Ruke Orhorhoro
#124 - Erick All, TE
#132 - Tykee Smith, DB
#135 - Tyrone Tracy, RB
#202 - Bub Means, WR
#219 - Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Edge

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

• #106 - Cole Bishop, S
  • #211 - Rasheen Ali, RB
  • #215 - Jamal Hill, LB

Once again didn't like that late 4th round spot. In real life, I hope that we use a couple of those late 4ths to trade up in the early 4th. No tight end, may take one with the last pick but at this point we can assume that is not going to be an impact player right away, so we are probably going to give Saubert / Latu a chance as the TE2/3. 

Overall though, I think this run out was superior in terms of depth even with the double dip at receiver. Here was the first mock. 

#37 - Jordan Morgan
#59 - TJ Tampa, CB
#69 - Ruke Orhorhoro
#124 - Erick All, TE
#132 - Tykee Smith, DB
#135 - Tyrone Tracy, RB
#202 - Bub Means, WR

Have not watched Kool Aid enough. Like some other corners though.

Love the Haynes, Washington, Bishop and Foster picks. 

Nice draft. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

• #106 - Cole Bishop, S
  • #211 - Rasheen Ali, RB
  • #215 - Jamal Hill, LB

#37 - Jordan Morgan
#59 - TJ Tampa, CB
#69 - Ruke Orhorhoro
#124 - Erick All, TE
#132 - Tykee Smith, DB
#135 - Tyrone Tracy, RB
#202 - Bub Means, WR

Agreed, I like your most recent draft especially - 

Kool Aid

Haynes

Washington

Foster 

Realistically I don’t know enough about the other guys and for nostalgia, McCaffery is a plus! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

• #106 - Cole Bishop, S
  • #211 - Rasheen Ali, RB
  • #215 - Jamal Hill, LB

#37 - Jordan Morgan
#59 - TJ Tampa, CB
#69 - Ruke Orhorhoro
#124 - Erick All, TE
#132 - Tykee Smith, DB
#135 - Tyrone Tracy, RB
#202 - Bub Means, WR

Really like that recent draft.  All 4 of those first 4 picks are guys who should contribute right away.  Heck, Kool Aid, Bishop, and Haynes might START right away. At #127 I would've gone EDGE Javon Solomon, kid is a beast who is rising fast and will probably go round 3 now.  But can't complain about that, good draft.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some fans may not like it, but I definitely think that Franklin is in play at #31. 

The people who dislike him really dislike him. It's pretty funny. Brugler has him outside of his top 10 receivers. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

The people who dislike him really dislike him. It's pretty funny. Brugler has him outside of his top 10 receivers. 

Looks very thin and a long strider.  Would probably be good for a QB with a huge arm who can chuck it.  I think with Brock, we need a guy who can get open QUICK on intermediate routes.  Someone who can create separation in 2 seconds.  Our oline isn't good and we lost because we couldn't convert 3rd and 5.  IMO, McConkey is the clear WR pick if Shanny goes that route. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Looks very thin and a long strider.  Would probably be good for a QB with a huge arm who can chuck it.  I think with Brock, we need a guy who can get open QUICK on intermediate routes.  Someone who can create separation in 2 seconds.  Our oline isn't good and we lost because we couldn't convert 3rd and 5.  IMO, McConkey is the clear WR pick if Shanny goes that route. 

Yeah, he's a flanker. Probably won't block much at the next level. 

People know my stance on weight. I'm coming off it just a little bit for receiver because as group they are getting smaller, but 175 at 6'1 is not my cup of tea. He doesn't have great hands, has some drop issues and making contested catches is a problem. 

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Michael Hall Jr in the second.  His pass rush on third downs will be immediate..he'll need to develop into a 3 down guy though.  But he can absolutely wreck games if you get ahead.  Jenkins is the opposite..more run stopping than pass rush.  Dorlus is kind of a little bit of both, but not as good as either....imo. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, he's a flanker. Probably won't block much at the next level. 

People know my stance on weight. I'm coming off it just a little bit for receiver because as group they are getting smaller, but 175 at 6'1 is not my cup of tea. He doesn't have great hands, has some drop issues and making contested catches is a problem. 

All that being said, I'm starting to think Pearsall/Roman wilson in the second round is much better value than McConkey in the first.  

• Like 1