Madden 24 Franchise - Tampa GM

MKnight82

2 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Depth chart is starting to get a lot of color on it.  You love to see it.  Building the roster up, and being able to commit a little money to those guys before you add the qb is going to play out better for you, in the long run.  Getting the qb early and having to pay him before the roster is solidified can hamstring you a little bit. 

You could get Meredith some snaps in the slot this year to get Bennett on the field more often.  I like getting TE's reps there when one that is a matchup threat in the slot like that, and the other can block.  Helps the run game and gets your TE some nice numbers.  

So I have a very interesting development. Rookie LE Cordale Hill who was drafted in the 7th round and a projected UDFA is an X Factor…….

I didn’t even know that was possible?

This changes things up quite a bit. Despite being drafted #4 overall I really have no motivation to start Phillips at DE. To get Phillips reps I’ll have to play him as my #2 DT all year. This also means there’s no snaps for Kancey so he needs to be traded. 

• Like 2

Just now, MKnight82 said:

So I have a very interesting development. Rookie LE Cordale Hill who was drafted in the 7th round and a projected UDFA is an X Factor…….

This changes things up quite a bit. Despite being drafted #4 overall I really have no motivation to start Phillips at DE. To get Phillips reps I’ll have to play him as my #2 DT all year. This also means there’s no snaps for Kancey so he needs to be traded. 

Lmao, whoa!  I had no idea that was possible either.  It's just a standard auto generated draft, and not one you downloaded, right?  Do you remember if he had any "stories" or whatever they call them now?  I've gotten an X-factor in the 3rd round before that I think was projected to go somewhere around the 5th, but that's the lowest I can ever recall.  He had a story about quitting/suspension, or something like along those lines that made his stock plummet.   Makes me wonder if I've just missed those guys in the past.  That DLine is loaded now.  Any of your corners or LBs able to transition to SS to clear a spot for a dev trait player? 

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What is the X Factor's weight? He obviously needs to start. If he is lighter, then yeah I would keep Phillips for a year and then flip him next year for a 2nd and cut your losses. 

Edited by JBURGE

4 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Lmao, whoa!  I had no idea that was possible either.  It's just a standard auto generated draft, and not one you downloaded, right?  Do you remember if he had any "stories" or whatever they call them now?  I've gotten an X-factor in the 3rd round before that I think was projected to go somewhere around the 5th, but that's the lowest I can ever recall.  He had a story about quitting/suspension, or something like along those lines that made his stock plummet.   Makes me wonder if I've just missed those guys in the past.  That DLine is loaded now.  Any of your corners or LBs able to transition to SS to clear a spot for a dev trait player? 

It’s a standard random generated class. I never download classes and I haven’t modified the strength of the draft classes it’s on default. I tried to write down all the draft stories so I’m pretty sure he didn’t have one. Would be weird for a UDFA to have a story. The lowest player I had previously taken that was an X was also a 3rd rounder like you. Totally bizarre and unexpected.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

It’s a standard random generated class. I never download classes and I haven’t modified the strength of the draft classes it’s on default. I tried to write down all the draft stories so I’m pretty sure he didn’t have one. Would be weird for a UDFA to have a story. The lowest player I had previously taken that was an X was also a 3rd rounder like you. Totally bizarre and unexpected.

I have seen X Factors in the 4th I think, maybe the 5th, but they were always linebackers. LB and OL are the easiest to get late hiddens. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s a pretty shocking development. I almost traded the pick for a future one cause I had already drafted 3 other DEs in the class.  I guess it’s better to just take these late round stabs on guys you never know what will happen. 

this will never happen again 😂

but now you will always try

Edited by JBURGE

STAFF UPDATE 

Head Coach   Offensive Coordinator
MKnight EightyTwo   Bob Bates
Staff Modifications Offensive Development Defensive Development   Quick Throws Secure the Line Quarterback Guru
PP !0% less Decrease injury time CB XP +10%   STAM x1 HB, WR, TE None Can Equip X Factors
OC cost 10% less LG/RG XP +15% DT XP +15%   AWR x1 for WR   SA x1 for QB
DC cost 10% less LT/RT XP +15% LE/RE XP +5%       MA x1 for QB
10% OC talent refund OC XP +15% Scheme doesn't matter        
10% DC talent refund QB XP +15% SS XP +5%        
OC Hiring Bonus            
DC Hiring Bonus            
Additional Weekly Player x 3            

Defensive Coordinator   Player Personnel
Michael Gray    
Inside 3-4 Second Level Defensive Back Guru   Trades Offense Recruitment Defense Recruitment
TGH x1 for DL, LB BS x1 for DT Can Equip X Factors   5% discount older players None None
        2% off CPU draft picks    
        2% increase user picks    

CUTS

I have to cut or trade 19 players. If the younger guys have PS eligibility left they will go there. 

QB C Rogers (61) - heading to PS. 

HB D Lowe (69) - heading to PS.

WR K Carr (69) - heading to PS. 

LT Q Batten (67) - heading to PS. 

LG C Vernon (68) - heading to PS. 

RG J Barkley (65) - cut, I have better prospects. 

OC D Johnson (66) - cut. Out of PS eligibility. 

RE D Odeyingbo (75) - cut. I just signed him. I don't have snaps for him and it feels like cheating trading him for anything.

RE I Woodson (68) - heading to PS. 

DT T Booker (69) - cut. 

LOLB C Harris (81) - just like Odeyingbo, signed and dont need. 

MLB KJ Britt (67) - cut.

CB K Moses (67) - cut. 

CB S Clarke (68) - heading to PS. 

CB J Kilgore (69) - heading to PS.  

SS A Justice (70) - heading to PS. 

*TRADE*

Broncos Receive

CB J Dean (88) 

Bucs Receive

Broncos 2027 1st Round Pick 

- He's starting to age and he's on the last year of his contract. He's Superstar Dev so he has a lot of value. 

*TRADE*

Bills Receive

RE AJ Epenesa (75) 

Bucs Receive

Bills 2027 4th Round Pick 

- Sending him back to where he came from. 

Practice Squad - Year 4
Name Position Age OVR
Cam Rogers QB 22 61
Deon Lowe HB 24 69
Kenny Carr WR 22 69
Troy Rogers WR 22 64
Quentin Batten LT 24 67
Cam Vernon LG 23 68

Andrew Still LG 24 65
Imani Wooson RE 24 68
Quentin Betts LOLB 23 68
Justin Kilgore CB 24 69
Steven Clarke CB 23 68
Anthony Justice SS 23 70

Regional Scouting Breakdown - Year 4
Region National West Central Northeast Southeast
Position Strength CB DT CB QB ROLB
Position Strength DT LOLB LT DT LE
Position Strength QB MLB RT CB CB

Position Weakness LG OC ROLB OC OC
Position Weakness OC LG LG ROLB LG
Position Weakness RG RG RG RT HB

Scouts Yijun Huang Ismael Riley Ify Ayodele Catrina Burns John Abraham
Tier *** * * * **
Scout Strength 1 CB MLB OT QB DE
Scout Strength 2 MLB OLB OLB CB OLB

TRADE DEADLINE - YEAR 4 

Somehow I'm in another trainwreck season, I guess its my Qb but I'm 2-5. I have no chance at the playoffs so I might as well dump some guys for more picks. 

*TRADE*

Rams Receive

DT Calijah Kancey (81) 

Bucs Receive 

2028 Rams 2nd Round Pick 

- He wasn't getting snaps after all of my dline picks the last draft. 

*TRADE*

Cardinals Receive

ROLB Sirvocea Dennis (81) 

Bucs Receive

2028 Cardinals 1st Round Pick

- His contract was expiring and I'm trying to replace everyone. This first is two years in the future. 

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1