Week 1 GDT: Cowboys @ Giants

WizardHawk

20 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

I'm most excited about seeing Vaughns debut. He may come into the game over excited or jumpy. I expect a few mistakes. But once he settles in, Im hoping he is what I believe he is. And I believe this kid is frickin electric. He's a step or two faster than most of the defense, he has terrific vision and balance, he knows how to set up his blockers and he's tough to get down. I don't know about you, but I think this kid is going to be big in this league.

I keep imagining a Lance Dunbar season starter for him. Before Dunbar got hurt that one year, he was leading the team in receptions.

And knowing McCarthys knack for a short range zone killer route from his RBs over pass protections from them, I just can't help but keep thinking I should be starting Vaughn tonight in my flex. I did draft him in my most pricey league. 

Maybe I'm too excited as a fan. But I could easily see 5 catches for 40 yards and a TD, and 3 or 4 carries for 15-20 yards 

This rain could actually favor giants. Just because it’ll be harder for us to take advantage of those young corners in potentially wet sloppy conditions. Giants also will probably look to feature Barkley and wet field will make him all the harder to stay in front of. 

on the bright side though if we commit to running it should lessen pressure on oline do have to worry about to many blitz packages and just get out and put a body on someone. 

Cowboys 31-23

7 minutes ago, project T.O said:

This rain could actually favor giants. Just because it’ll be harder for us to take advantage of those young corners in potentially wet sloppy conditions. Giants also will probably look to feature Barkley and wet field will make him all the harder to stay in front of. 

on the bright side though if we commit to running it should lessen pressure on oline do have to worry about to many blitz packages and just get out and put a body on someone. 

Cowboys 31-23

Believe it or not, from my experience on those fields...rain favors the passing game more than anything. Much harder to dig your feet in on the line and get off the ball with a good pass rush when the ground is a little less grippy. Giving the QB more time to sit back there and find the right read. 

Much harder to run the ball, too. Doesn't stop teams from trying to limit the exposure of the ball to wet conditions in a QBs hand by running more often, but much harder to be explosive in the open field and make those cuts at the line when you aren't getting the grip you need to do them.

Every coach I've played for, worked with and spoke to all approach it differently, though