Week 1 GDT: Cowboys @ Giants

WizardHawk

This shaky Cowboys Oline is gonna get tested quickly. Only good thing is, what is Giants edge rush gonna look like? They were not very good last year on the edges. 

injured TRex—Richards—Biadasz—Martin—Steel coming off surgery

thats your potential starting line on Sunday

32 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Ughhh. I like their potential but in game 1 on the road against a division rival that won a playoff game last year.

Historically, not great.

They're 10-0 against the Giants recently (with our absolutely awful QB).  I like our chances. 

I’m really looking forward to seeing if we have a new and improved run defense.  It’s a great test to start the season as we will face a top 5 rb and a top 5 running qb.  

im extremely concerned about our OL.  No depth, aging, major injury concerns.  If we can give Dak time, I’m pretty excited about our offensive weapons.  

My worries.    They blow up the left side of the OL putting people in Dak’s face quickly which aLao disrupts our run game.  Barkley makes just enough big plays as does their injured TE to allow Giants to score more than 20.  Opening day is always a trap game no matter who you play.  See KC -Det

Edited by quiller

I'm most excited about seeing Vaughns debut. He may come into the game over excited or jumpy. I expect a few mistakes. But once he settles in, Im hoping he is what I believe he is. And I believe this kid is frickin electric. He's a step or two faster than most of the defense, he has terrific vision and balance, he knows how to set up his blockers and he's tough to get down. I don't know about you, but I think this kid is going to be big in this league.

You guys ready for another sloppy week 1 display? 

Not to jinx it, just kind of what I've come to expect. Granted, a couple of nail biters against the Tampa Bay Bradys were pretty damn fun season openers. But I stillfeel like the team tends to make a few too many miscues in week one. Remember Lambs wowsers drop in the wide open down the field? Martin nailing a run block on a clear pass protection? Stupid penalties killing big opportunities?

Messy or not, I just hope they win and start the season hot. Bank the wins early so when the harder parts of the schedule arrive, we don't have to cry over a couple losses.

Whatever combination of Edoga, Richards and Bass mans our left side is gonna make us really miss having Connor McGovern around

Tbh we should have just cut Tyron and drafted a LG. This FO’s greatest weakness might be that they hold onto players too long 

Edited by matt79511