Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

11 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

From my experience, the people who call others sheep, ironically are sheep themselves.

It is possible for people to adapt their views with new information. It's actually more damning for people to not adjust their views in light of new info.

People who believe in any info fed are sheep. Most information is bought and paid for.

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

From my experience, the people who call others sheep, ironically are sheep themselves.

It is possible for people to adapt their views with new information. It's actually more damning for people to not adjust their views in light of new info.

Accurate.... the people who call others sheep think they are lions but don't realize they are just following a slightly more obnoxious brand of group think.

• Like 1

I'm glad we didn't trade up.  The only player I wanted was J. Daniels and we would have had to trade the farm for him.  I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it here again, there is a really good chance half of these QBs are busts.  I think we took two really safe players with our first and second round picks.  Hopefully we can load up our roster and then bring our QBotF when we're actually ready for whoever that is. 

Hopefully this draft was an anomaly, and the draft goes back to the usual routine of QBs going in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.  We had 6 QBs go in the top 12.  Insane.  Another QB wasn't taken until the 5th round.  Prior to the daft I recall JJ McCarthy being considered a late first round pick because he didn't have a lot of tape/playing time.  Nix and Penix were considered 2nd round picks.  Again, I genuinely believe half of them are going to bust.  I just don't know which ones.

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Accurate.... the people who call others sheep think they are lions but don't realize they are just following a slightly more obnoxious brand of group think.

I'm just amazed by the fact that we have people on this forum talking about sheep and lions.  I thought for sure we were fans of the Las Vegas Raiders.  Here I am just trying to talk football with my fellow fans.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I do think Darnold starts Week 1 but it will last 4 weeks topps. Just because McCarthy is pretty raw. 

But Caleb, Maye, Daniels, and Nix are all gonna start Week 1. 

Him claiming only Caleb is starting shows he has no idea what he’s talking about. 

Is Caleb the only rookie left to sign their deal?

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Is Caleb the only rookie left to sign their deal?

He wants 50% team ownership before he signs. Kidding… kind of…

Caleb screams bust to me. Not hard to tear up the pac 12. Guy is pretty short to be a premium passer. Attitude is absolutely terrible, he has the WR diva attitude which isn’t gonna work as a QB. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Caleb screams bust to me. Not hard to tear up the pac 12. Guy is pretty short to be a premium passer. Attitude is absolutely terrible, he has the WR diva attitude which isn’t gonna work as a QB. 

I think he's going to bust.  5 years on the Bears.  Terrible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I wonder if he was serious about that ownership thing lol.

16 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I wonder if he was serious about that ownership thing lol.

I think he was given the all star smoke up the arse treatment and genuinely believes he deserves it, yes. 

It's incredible to me that his supporters seem to genuinely believe he's not the diva from hell. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think he was given the all star smoke up the arse treatment and genuinely believes he deserves it, yes. 

It's incredible to me that his supporters seem to genuinely believe he's not the diva from hell. 

I'm glad we didn't have the chance at drafting him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I'm glad we didn't have the chance at drafting him.

Same. 

I wouldn't have been totally surprised if Mark Davis gave him some sort of ownership stake nonsense. Let someone else get that egg on their face. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

“He was so nice in that interview and commercial, not a diva!!!” Lmfao

Maye and McCarthy will succeed from this draft class. Although McCarthy probably looks like dog water until year 3 and then has a breakout. Nix will bust, but will look decent due to Payton. 

Jury is out on Daniels and Penix. I can see it go either way with both of them. I want to think they both succeed, but after the hyped up 2021 QB ALL busted, except Lawrence, who has been underwhelming, QB’s busting never surprise me. Wouldn’t shock me if this whole class busted outside of Maye. 

Caleb - Bust

Maye - Superstar, Top 5 QB at some point

Daniels - I see him having an injury riddled career, but is a Top 12 QB when he plays. Could go either way. I’m rooting for him, good guy. Has superstar potential. 

Nix - Bust but elevated by Payton

Penix - Could go either way, I want to think he succeeds as a Top 15 QB Pocket Passer type. 

McCarthy - Underwhelms year 1 and 2, year 3 develops into a Top 8-10 QB. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If he's elevated by Peyton and starting, then how is he a bust. A bust would mean he doesn't start or get a second contract. 

Jameis Winston started for years, he’s a boafide bust

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Jameis Winston started for years, he’s a boafide bust

Exactly my point. Started based on being the #1 overall pick. Lost the starting job, didn't get a second contract with his team. 

Worth noting Peyton didn't elevate him either.

So you're saying Nix starts, is elevated by Peyton but not elevated enough to keep the job and busts? And when do we see that play out?