Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

Far too early to get excited, but I'll say I was impressed with Jimmy G. His limitations are apparent but he commanded the huddle well from all accounts, was pinpoint accurate, maneuvered the pocket well and was clutch with his scrambles. He always seemed to know where the ball needed to go (Sans the RZ pick which he spoke about and noted how dumb of a mistake it was not to throw it away).

He'll be a nice stopgap at worst if his health holds up. Seeing him take that early hit to the head had my heart sinking. I just can't see Hoyer get any meaningful time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

What’s there to apologize about?  No one said Jimmy G stinks?  We said 1. He’s injury prone 2. Doesn’t throw deep or throw deep well. 3. He’s a system QB that won’t often win you games on his own but will rarely lose them.

and that’s exactly who we saw game 1.

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Far too early to get excited, but I'll say I was impressed with Jimmy G. His limitations are apparent but he commanded the huddle well from all accounts, was pinpoint accurate, maneuvered the pocket well and was clutch with his scrambles. He always seemed to know where the ball needed to go (Sans the RZ pick which he spoke about and noted how dumb of a mistake it was not to throw it away).

He'll be a nice stopgap at worst if his health holds up. Seeing him take that early hit to the head had my heart sinking. I just can't see Hoyer get any meaningful time.

If that stopgap doesn't get playoffs and we don't get a franchise QB in this loaded draft I'm gonna be pissed.

• Like 2

It's pretty apparent to anyone with football eyes as to who Jimmy G is and always has been.  A below average overall QB who is an average game manager and is made of glass.  He is accurate on short to mid range throws but his deep ball is well below average.  His game is well suited for a team like SF who keeps games close by having an elite caliber D.  We will all see how good Jimmy G is when he is trailing by 10+ has to play catch up which will be more often than not from what I saw yesterday with our embarrassing D and lack of discipline.  Look back on games with SF as examples (NFC Championship against the Rams and SB against KC) of what happens when he has to play catch up.  Let's just say it was not pretty. 

He played decently against a below average team in Denver.  Talk to me after week 17... 

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's pretty apparent to anyone with football eyes as to who Jimmy G is and always has been.  A below average overall QB who is an average game manager and is made of glass.  He is accurate on short to mid range throws but his deep ball is well below average.  His game is well suited for a team like SF who keeps games close by having an elite caliber D.  We will all see how good Jimmy G is when he is trailing by 10+ has to play catch up which will be more often than not from what I saw yesterday with our embarrassing D and lack of discipline.  Look back on games with SF as examples (NFC Championship against the Rams and SB against KC) of what happens when he has to play catch up.  Let's just say it was not pretty. 

He played decently against a below average team in Denver.  Talk to me after week 17... 

it’s clear he better than boo boo DC

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

it’s clear he better than boo boo DC

Nothing of the sort is clear yet. There's a reason you didn't bother to show up on this forum to defend Jimmy (hours after @ronjon1990 called you out) until after the game was over.

For the team's sake, I hope to God Jimmy G is better than Carr. But yesterday didn't prove anything.

• Like 6