Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol naw bruh

I be having all the neighborhood dogs howlin and my neighbors drive by honking when they see the smoke 

hickory is ok but my fav is grapefruit wood now that has a surprisingly sweet n sour Smokey flavor. 

maple wood is a diabetic secret way to infuse the food with a hint of sweetness without using sugar products. 

I make my own dry rubs too

should’ve tasted the spicy butter chicken last Sunday with that slight hint of sweet fruit plum tree smoke. Crazy good. The Tri tip had a nice bark and was so tender n juicy even on day 2-3 them strips will soak a plate.

Turning this thread in the the Raider BBQ thread? I'm here for it. 

Never used grapefruit wood, might have to look at that. I use a lot of peach wood for the subtle sweet notes. Everyday use, my go to is Alder wood, great with seafood.

I like more subtle smoke, don't tend to use Oak or hickory. 

What's your go to dry rub? You making sauces too? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Turning this thread in the the Raider BBQ thread? I'm here for it. 

Never used grapefruit wood, might have to look at that. I use a lot of peach wood for the subtle sweet notes. Everyday use, my go to is Alder wood, great with seafood.

I like more subtle smoke, don't tend to use Oak or hickory. 

What's your go to dry rub? You making sauces too? 

Nice

i never use salt in the dry rub usually a combo or pepper, garlic, onions might throw some brown sugar in depending on what I cook definitely use the w-sauce and butter

Not a seafood fan but I do lobster shrimp and gator really wanna try bear meat tho

I make wet rubs

haven’t got into making sauce yet

today my daughter bday party and they begged me to do my famous carne asada so I can’t watch the game till tonight. My Mexican neighbor taught me how to make carne asada from scratch and I taught him how to make ribs.

ps the thread was made too early so the cooking talk will just keep it warm

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nice

i never use salt in the dry rub usually a combo or pepper, garlic, onions might throw some brown sugar in depending on what I cook definitely use the w-sauce and butter

Not a seafood fan but I do lobster shrimp and gator really wanna try bear meat tho

I make wet rubs

haven’t got into making sauce yet

today my daughter bday party and they begged me to do my famous carne asada so I can’t watch the game till tonight. My Mexican neighbor taught me how to make carne asada from scratch and I taught him how to make ribs.

ps the thread was made too early so the cooking talk will just keep it warm

I bet my asada is better

On 9/15/2023 at 3:25 AM, Darbsk said:

I don’t know, I see your logic of course, but teams have drafted a rookie then fired the coach the following season. Plus, if he kid is an elite prospect, one lost year is not ideal but he could still succeed like Hurts or Lawrence. I don’t think that necessarily ruins a prospect, maybe just delays development.

Of course teams have drafted a QB then fired the HC after his rookie year… my point was it’s CAN significantly retard development of the QB.  It’s also a total waste of 1-2 years of the rookie contract.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I like oak pecan too nutty for me 

I feel that. I did a brisket Monday and it’s my favorite blend for beef. That and a little bit of apple added as well. I don’t mess with hickory or mesquite at all though, they’re just too bold and overbearing for any meat. 

Edited by FloydFan

Even the Raiders had buyers remorse on this dude. Nothing leaks unless the team wants it to. They wanted the Jimmy G injury clause to leak. No doubt in my mind that once Brady, McDaniels, Davis, and co all met up, they were down for him to QB. But in a league owner meeting in July, they amended the rules to make it so an owner can’t play no matter what, even with a vote. You can watch mark’s interview, he wasn’t happy.