Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

the fact Fields could be 3 games away from being replaced and now two of his receivers have came out as well as others on the team with strong statements means something IMO

Or...the fact that teammates have to come out and say this with 3 games remaining says something. That knife cuts both ways my friend.

3 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Or...the fact that teammates have to come out and say this with 3 games remaining says something. That knife cuts both ways my friend.

Also says some of them really need to step up...

Listen there are a ton of ways you can look at just about every situation with the Bears right now...Poles is not going to have an easy job whichever we he decides to go and as always we will all support the Bears and hope for the best no matter what...just some situations I like far more than others right now.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Also says some of them really need to step up...

Listen there are a ton of ways you can look at just about every situation with the Bears right now...Poles is not going to have an easy job whichever we he decides to go and as always we will all support the Bears and hope for the best no matter what...just some situations I like far more than others right now.

On this I do agree with you. It will be a tough decision and not a clear cut as some might have you believe. I respect your opinion Mike. I just disagree with you on this particular matter.

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

On this I do agree with you. It will be a tough decision and not a clear cut as some might have you believe. I respect your opinion Mike. I just disagree with you on this particular matter.

Same with you bud...nothing wrong with disagreeing especially when both simply want the best outcome...just have different views of how to get there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

He might be if you play a bit better 😂

Mooney deserves all the criticism hes getting this year, but too much will be focused this week on the Hail Mary. Yes he should of caught it, but his worst play was the 4th down Run by Fields. He is the reason we didnt get that easily. 

Now you can question why hes the guy going one-on-one blocking out there, but he was and he allowed that tackle to happen. We get that and likely salt the game away

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Mooney deserves all the criticism hes getting this year, but too much will be focused this week on the Hail Mary. Yes he should of caught it, but his worst play was the 4th down Run by Fields. He is the reason we didnt get that easily. 

Now you can question why hes the guy going one-on-one blocking out there, but he was and he allowed that tackle to happen. We get that and likely salt the game away

Agreed...

I also think it is now two weeks in a row he has been really poor...3 drops last week...2 this week...lacked effort when blocking in big spots...I just don't think he will ever be the same player he used to be.

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Fields had 3.37 seconds to throw yesterday, second highest in the NFL

I bet if he had the Cowboys OL it would've been an offensive show like we've never seen!

Its stuff like this that finally got me out on Fields. He just wont pull the trigger. Now I am too busy these days to watch all the All 22 anymore, but I cant imagine that guys are never getting open (other than Moore). 

And now this year, when he doesnt let it rip, he doesnt tuck it and run like he used to. He double clutches, and keeps looking while the Pocket is collapsing (and he doesnt do the line any favors with how he operate in those situations either)

He wont throw guys open, and you just cant survive in the NFL like that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

This is not an argument for or against this train of thought but something that I have been pondering for a while. Are these qbs really underachieving or is it fans unrealistic expectations that have us feeling this way? Don't we hear every draft that x player is a generational talent only to be disappointed when they are not the game wrecking players that we thought they would be? I believe it is human nature to make comparisons for just about anything that we encounter and are disappointed when our expectations are not met. We get spoiled with a handful of players that actually may be generational players and then that becomes the measuring stick for what we look for to be the norm. Could it be that our own expectations simply aren't realistic?

But you don't hear every player is generational.  Not from serious people at least.  

Three QBs got that generational hype for real in last 3 decades other than people fishing for clicks on twitter.  I don't count those.  

Elway, Luck and Lawrence. 

You would think Peyton Manning would have been as well, but he wasn't.  In fact there was a real debate between him and Leaf.  A lot of people pretend today that they didn't like Leaf.  That just wasn't true.  It was a 1a and 1b situation for many.  

Luck underachieved arguably due to circumstance and injuries.   Lawrence has flat underachieved thus far. 

He has talent around him and decent coaching.  He just isn't playing that well.  

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

But you don't hear every player is generational.  Not from serious people at least.  

There have been others than the 3 you mentioned, but they are for sure the ones agreed upon by everyone. But thats why I dont like to label guys like that. I use what I described in another thread as "cant pass up".

That is more encompassing, it would include Burrow, Herbert got there for me, but so did Goff. Cam Newton was definitely in there (he was also Generational if were being honest, just in different ways). I also had Bradford and Stafford in there too.

My point with that is, neither of these guys (Williams or Maye) are Cant Pass Up to me. They are worthy of taking a shot on for sure, but Im not going to be despondent if we move out of the Top of the Draft for a good return. But that really makes all of these choices so much harder, especially as it feels like we are stuck in the mud with Fields

(PS- "resetting the contract clock" is a piss poor reason on its own to make the change)

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

There have been others than the 3 you mentioned, but they are for sure the ones agreed upon by everyone. But thats why I dont like to label guys like that. I use what I described in another thread as "cant pass up".

That is more encompassing, it would include Burrow, Herbert got there for me, but so did Goff. Cam Newton was definitely in there (he was also Generational if were being honest, just in different ways). I also had Bradford and Stafford in there too.

My point with that is, neither of these guys (Williams or Maye) are Cant Pass Up to me. They are worthy of taking a shot on for sure, but Im not going to be despondent if we move out of the Top of the Draft for a good return. But that really makes all of these choices so much harder, especially as it feels like we are stuck in the mud with Fields

(PS- "resetting the contract clock" is a piss poor reason on its own to make the change)

I honestly don't know anything about this years QBs yet.   I know Caleb got a lot of hype prior to this year, but seems a lot of that hype has died down since then.

I think a lot of people still think Caleb and Maye are quite good.

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Three QBs got that generational hype for real in last 3 decades other than people fishing for clicks on twitter.  I don't count those.  

Elway, Luck and Lawrence. 

You would think Peyton Manning would have been as well, but he wasn't.  In fact there was a real debate between him and Leaf.  A lot of people pretend today that they didn't like Leaf.  That just wasn't true.  It was a 1a and 1b situation for many.  

Luck underachieved arguably due to circumstance and injuries.   Lawrence has flat underachieved thus far. 

He has talent around him and decent coaching.  He just isn't playing that well.  

I didn't say every player, I said just about every draft there is one. Maybe you didn't here it but I certainly have.  People were saying that about Lawrence, Young, BJ Robinson, Barkley, Clowney, Vick, etc. It's an overused term that is a hype builder and then people are upset when those expectations are not realized.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think a lot of people still think Caleb and Maye are quite good.

They are definitely good, not trying to downplay them. Im just saying that they arent in the realm of I would never pass them up.

If we were offered the same type of deal as last year, I would gladly move back and continue to stock the arsenal.

But Im not going to just give the pick away for 10 cents on the dollar either.

• Like 5