Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm not sure what he is saying at all...truth be told he could be saying nothing about Caleb...

If he is saying anything I doubt it is about on the field football and more about how Caleb was seen as being above the rest of the team by the media and potentially some of the staff...maybe like an RG3 situation when he was in Washington traveling in a limo and not on the team bus or not watching his own bad plays with the team...we will never know what happens in these facilities...

I don't even really care what the kid from USC is saying...more the fact Brisker is liking these sort of tweets.

True, just the few times I have seen it referenced it has been twisted to bash Williams. I lt just doesnt make sense to me.

If so then it's pretty true. They're a really lackluster group at every facet. It's basically like Luck at Standord. Sure some guys like Colby Parkinson might get drafted in the mid to late rounds, but for such a major program they kind of sucked. Lol

As far as players, I'm indifferent either way. Players will play, wins resolve most conflicts. Iirc there was a bunch of internal support for Tru and he was only special in spurts and forgettable in bulk. I'm sure if I was a player and had a personal relationship I'd be far different but I'm at the point that athletes are just entertainers to me. I only care about what they offer on the field and aside from that they are lretty much irrelevant to me. Same as actors. If I see something cool from them them great, if not then I'm happy enough with them not being Neanderthals that keep getting into legal issues. Lol

Whatever decision the come to I just hope it helps the franchise quit being a joke as it has for the majority of the last 30 years.

• Like 2

This is the obvious and correct answer to give the media but I suspect it is also a very truthful one...no one game should make a break Fields or anyone else's future with this team...plenty of time to evaluate every player on this squad over the next 3 months before FA starts.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is the obvious and correct answer to give the media but I suspect it is also a very truthful one...no one game should make a break Fields or anyone else's future with this team...plenty of time to evaluate every player on this squad over the next 3 months before FA starts.

Agreed, and if Eberflus is indeed back next season, they need to figure out exactly what they want to be on offense moving forward and set that course. They can't do the Lovie-Special and flip offensive coordinators and general scheme every few years.

** This goes for both drafting a rookie QB to take the reigns and/or keeping Justin Fields

• Like 3

7 hours ago, G08 said:

Agreed, and if Eberflus is indeed back next season, they need to figure out exactly what they want to be on offense moving forward and set that course. They can't do the Lovie-Special and flip offensive coordinators and general scheme every few years.

** This goes for both drafting a rookie QB to take the reigns and/or keeping Justin Fields

The JF1 debate should be over now.  All he needs is a secondWR1 and a better OL.  The offense should be explosive with or without a new coaching team.

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

4/10 flipped their franchise

0/10 walked into a situation like this

Who are the four? I'll count Burrow, Luck, and Newton.  Joe and Cam brought was a big factor for them reaching their Superbowls; Andrew did live up to the hype.  And yes I know Goff helped his team to one but it was more of Sean McVay's coaching more than his playing.

Lawrence is looking good but I wouldn't say he's quite flipped them, yet.  And Murray has played well but The Cardinals haven't been perennial playoff contenders? Everyone else has had success with other teams or were busts? 

Just now, BeaReylo said:

Who are the four? I'll count Burrow, Luck, and Newton.  Joe and Cam brought was a big factor for them reaching their Superbowls; Andrew did live up to the hype.  And yes I know Goff helped his team to one but it was more of Sean McVay's coaching more than his playing.

Lawrence is looking good but I wouldn't say he's quite flipped them, yet.  And Murray has played well but The Cardinals haven't been perennial playoff contenders? Everyone else has had success with other teams or were busts? 

My 4th was me saying Goff. They went to the playoffs 3/5 years and won the conference once

To make the argument, I think Williams/Maye would be walking into *that type* of environment in terms of people around him from GM to coaches to supporting cast

There are arguments to be made for either side of this thing, some better than others, admittedly. This one just isn't good by Orlovsky

2 minutes ago, BeaReylo said:

I was wondering too, and I guess it depends on what your definition is for “flipping the franchise.”

Newton, for example, got CAR to a Super Bowl (which he lost) and was 68-58 as a starter in his 8 full seasons as a starter 2011-18. In the 8 years preceding Newton’s arrival, CAR was 66-62 in the regular season and also went to a Super Bowl (which they also lost). I don’t count that as “flipping the franchise” at all. 

• Like 1

As a OSU alum and someone whos been in here multiple times disappointed with how yall have handled surrounding Fields with weapons I have one thing to say. 

No way in hell should yall keep Justin over drafting Caleb. 

And I love Justin and think he can be a franchise QB, but fellas don't do that ****

It's Caleb dog. Anybody with two eyes can see it. Don't overthink it. Trade Fields for a 2nd and conditional pick and roll with Caleb. Don't overthink

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I was wondering too, and I guess it depends on what your definition is for “flipping the franchise.”

Newton, for example, got CAR to a Super Bowl (which he lost) and was 68-58 as a starter in his 8 full seasons as a starter 2011-18. In the 8 years preceding Newton’s arrival, CAR was 66-62 in the regular season and also went to a Super Bowl (which they also lost). I don’t count that as “flipping the franchise” at all. 

I think I can agree with you, but not all situations are created equal. The Rams were pure garbage for years before Goff. Carolina had some 10+ wins years iirc but what Cam did for the entire league with mobile, black QB's and putting the entire city on his back with ALL of that hype leaving Auburn was a sight to see. His body fell apart thanks to the beating he took but 3 10+ win years in his prime is impressive

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

As a OSU albumand someone whos been in here multiple times disappointed with how yall have handled surrounding Fields with weapons I have one thing to say. 

No way in hell should yall keep Justin over drafting Caleb. 

And I love Justin and think he can be a franchise QB, but fellas don't do that ****

It's Caleb dog. Anybody with two eyes can see it. Don't overthink it. Trade Fields for a 2nd and conditional pick and roll with Caleb. Don't overthink

Ive basically put it nusy on the coaches. If they retain Eberflus then Fields stays. If they drop Eberflus then draft Caleb. I'm sick of Chicago drafting a QB early with a coach that only lasts a single year before someone else comes in and gets "saddled" with them. They did it to Tru and Fields. Hopefully Poles doesn't repeat Pace's mistakes.

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Football for a QB isn't just about throwing the ball.

Yeah but it’s probably the most important thing. 

Yeah they love Justin, but that’s because they haven’t seen Caleb in practice yet. 

I bet the Patriots roster loved Bledsoe before Tom played too. Don’t overthink it.