Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

Regarding Albright, he was very clued in to the Bears several regimes ago; was they first guy to call Trubisky starting over Glennon (threw up a little there) but has been VERY low on Fields, some say it's because his team passed on him.  I think he's calling it like he sees it, but also not paying a ton of attention to a team that doesn't affect him much.

I think they should move from Fields, but want to make it very clear if they keep him I am happy with it.  I've been very down on Poles but his plan for this year has really worked out well; combo of sound decisions and a bit of luck to be here. I could see success happening in a couple very different ways which is unusual for the Bears.  Usually it's "well crazy **** happens in the NFL so why not here" and this year we're trying to decide between loading a roster around an OK QB who could get better, or having our pick of rookie QB and still growing the roster organically.  

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

So I was forced to look up Mitch Trubisky stats to defend his honor from some rando claiming Fields was dramatically better...

Mitch had 7 games in his first 3 years with over 300 yards passing..... Fields barely got to 1. What are we even doing here with Fields... WHY is this even a debate across Chicagoland?

Blake Bortles threw for 4400 yards and 35 TDs in his 2nd year. That didn’t make him good. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

So I was forced to look up Mitch Trubisky stats to defend his honor from some rando claiming Fields was dramatically better...

Mitch had 7 games in his first 3 years with over 300 yards passing..... Fields barely got to 1. What are we even doing here with Fields... WHY is this even a debate across Chicagoland?

If you think Mitch Trubisky and Justin Fields are in the same stratosphere as a QB, I have a bridge to sell you...

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Blake Bortles threw for 4400 yards and 35 TDs in his 2nd year. That didn’t make him good. 

47 minutes ago, G08 said:

If you think Mitch Trubisky and Justin Fields are in the same stratosphere as a QB, I have a bridge to sell you...

Yeah, as I've said, some arguments are better than others here & passing yards is not a good argument at all

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 11:35 PM, Sugashane said:

The only two I really consider as possible replacements are Williams and Maye. Other than that I could draft a QB but they'll likely be well gone before I would pick them.

What about someone expected to go a little later like Ewers or Penix? 

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

What about someone expected to go a little later like Ewers or Penix? 

Only if Fields is staying. I'm not a big fan of them but a trade back might net a 2nd or 3rd, so I could definitely take one hoping they at least push Fields. But that's really it. If Daniels would fall to late 1st I could take him but I don't see him as a top 10 prospect. 

So here is what I posted in the NFL Draft sub. I posted it believing Ewers would return for another year, but if not Ewers would be after Penix Jr and before McCarthy. Ewers would get drafted mid to late first, and McCarthy goes in the late first to early 2nd, but as a talent I have Ewers as a 3rd round talent. Being a QB bumps that up though. 

Williams > Maye > Daniels > Sanders > Penix Jr > Ewers > McCarthy > Travis > Ward > Milton > Beck > Nix > Rattler

*another year might have Sanders and Ewers go higher, but neither will jump Maye or Williams.

Now I'll put them where I grade them and where I think they'll get picked, minus Sanders and Ewers. Also these are just their player Grades, when I do final grade positional value gets added afterward. Bump every QB up one round basically due to that if you want.

1st Round Grades

1.) Caleb Williams [QB; USC] - Top overall

2.) Drake Maye [QB; North Carolina]  - Top 4

2nd Round Grades None 

3.) Jayden Daniels [QB; LSU] - Top 10

3rd Round Grades

4.) Michael Penix Jr. [QB; Washington] - Late 1st to top 10 of 2nd

5.) JJ McCarthy [QB; Michigan] - Mid to late 1st

4th Round Grades

4.) Jordan Travis [QB; Florida State]  - 3rd

5th Round Grades

5.) Cameron Ward [QB; Washington St] - 4th

6.) Joe Milton [QB: Tennessee] - 5th

6th Round Grades

None

7th Round Grades

7.) Carson Beck [QB; Georgia] - 6th

8.) Bo Nix [QB; Oregon] - 2nd round after Penix Jr.

9.) Spencer Rattler [QB; South Carolina]  - 4th

UDFA Grades

Pretty much everyone else.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

I'm leaning toward Keeping Getsy with JF1

This cannot happen.

I would be so disappointed if we stayed with Getsy. He's an awful play caller. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

This was the only really "bad" interception in the last half-season, imo. Should've went back corner of the endzone. 

Exactly. And it was a good decision, just a bad throw. That’s something that’s allowed with every fan base except for ours. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Ewers is going back to school

Ewers does factor into the Fields/Williams equation though, right? Or at least he probably does? If he’s the presumed top QB for the 2025 draft, how high would we need to get to take him in the event we roll with Fields in 2024 and he bombs? If Fields were to bomb in 2024 our own pick is probably in the top 15 and maybe the top 10, as may be that of the team with whom we trade in this scenario to move out of the top pick. Sticking with Fields for 2024 and picking up the 5YO creates another potential pivot point in next year’s draft.

42 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ewers does factor into the Fields/Williams equation though, right? Or at least he probably does? If he’s the presumed top QB for the 2025 draft, how high would we need to get to take him in the event we roll with Fields in 2024 and he bombs? If Fields were to bomb in 2024 our own pick is probably in the top 15 and maybe the top 10, as may be that of the team with whom we trade in this scenario to move out of the top pick. Sticking with Fields for 2024 and picking up the 5YO creates another potential pivot point in next year’s draft.

giphy.gif

I'm mostly joking. I'm not huge on Ewers but he has obvious talent. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

giphy.gif

I'm mostly joking. I'm not huge on Ewers but he has obvious talent. 

I’m not crazy high on him either. My point was more about who would be available to us and where in 2025 if necessary.