Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

On 1/5/2024 at 5:13 PM, AZBearsFan said:

WAS and NE are both in spots to just take a QB already available to them too. They may like Williams the most, but that much more than Maye or Daniels that they would pay a bunch in capital to get him over the other guy(s)? Or do they prefer a vet and a franchise LT or Harrison?

The Giants are the wild card team for me. It’d be pricey to move from 5 to 1 (I’m thinking 5, 39, 46, 2025 1st and a 2/3 in 2026 or a player of consequence) but it’d also provide the secondary benefit of getting ahead of their division rival. We know ownership there is willing to stomach such a move since they did it with Manning/Rivers in 2004. Daboll is an offensive guy, and Schoen and he were reportedly really close during their hiring cycle 2 years ago. Setting aside the contract - Daniel Jones to them was inherited as well. I don’t rule out at all that they’d want to make a big splash move for their hand picked face of the franchise. 

Yeah its tough to say with WAS or NE, seems like both are set to move on from their current coaches, so you'd think the new regimes would seize the opportunity to draft a QB to anchor to. That said if Bill stays and Russell Wilson is on the market, I could see Patriot Country Let's Ride vibes coming down the lane. (but I'm crazy and don't follow other teams as closely as I once did). Gives Bill a Vet QB with SB pedigree, with his defense and a blue chip offensive rookie. Could be interesting.

Giants are definitely a wildcard. Looking at Sportrac, seems like the out in the contract isn't till 2025 though, so would be kinda lit if they ate all that extra dead cap just to get out from under Jones. Feel bad for Daboll cause that was supposed to be a full blown rebuild, but he had such a good rookie coaching season that I think their leash may be shorter than if they had sucked. Not sure what their roster construction looks like, but they did suck something awful to start the year, so may not be in a position as of yet to give up capital. (If someone has a better read on them would love their input here).

• Like 1

ROTOWORLD: NFL Player News: Latest Reports, Injuries, Transactions - Rotoworld - NBC Sports - NBC Sports

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the Bears will evaluate college quarterbacks through the draft before making a decision on Justin Fields.

The Bears hold the No. 1 overall pick in the draft and will evaluate potential quarterback selections at that pick, according to Rapoport. Fields has the chance to spoil the rival Packers’ season in Week 18, though a Bears win wouldn’t automatically make Fields the franchise starter for the future. Rapoport explains that there are economic considerations for the Bears, such as trading Fields for draft picks and paying a rookie quarterback lesser money. Fields’ future as a Bear will be a key decision point in the offseason.

15 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

ROTOWORLD: NFL Player News: Latest Reports, Injuries, Transactions - Rotoworld - NBC Sports - NBC Sports

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the Bears will evaluate college quarterbacks through the draft before making a decision on Justin Fields.

The Bears hold the No. 1 overall pick in the draft and will evaluate potential quarterback selections at that pick, according to Rapoport. Fields has the chance to spoil the rival Packers’ season in Week 18, though a Bears win wouldn’t automatically make Fields the franchise starter for the future. Rapoport explains that there are economic considerations for the Bears, such as trading Fields for draft picks and paying a rookie quarterback lesser money. Fields’ future as a Bear will be a key decision point in the offseason.

As well they should...as much as I want to keep Fields they should still be evaluating every option then stacking it not only against Fields but again how much they can help the overall team with the resources that would need to be spent to bring them here...anything else would be upper malpractice.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If they draft Harrison and sign Biadasz + fire Getsy and hire someone better AND the earth is tilting a specific way on it's axis, the offense is going to take OFF

Or in meme form:

but-remember-guys-its-not-a-cult-v0-k2vv

• Like 4

Jordan Love looks good and he's going to be a problem. Justin Fields did not look like the better player and, unless leadership thinks a new scheme/coordinator can unlock something in him, you almost have to move on and hope Caleb Williams is the guy.

Problem is, who will be the OC here?

Arthur Smith was fired and did some amazing work in Tennessee with Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry... could we run that **** here? Emphasis on the run, moving the pocket and taking deep shots...

44 minutes ago, G08 said:

Jordan Love looks good and he's going to be a problem. Justin Fields did not look like the better player and, unless leadership thinks a new scheme/coordinator can unlock something in him, you almost have to move on and hope Caleb Williams is the guy.

Arthur Smith was fired and did some amazing work in Tennessee with Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry... could we run that **** here? Emphasis on the run, moving the pocket and taking deep shots...

Get Jim Harbaugh in Chicago.  He knows what to do with JF1's skill set!

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Honestly when I woke up and saw ATL fired Smith, my first thought was "if they keep Fields, he could work out here." Unfortunately it'd be more boring football especially when the emphasis will be heavily on the run, but perhaps the deep shots would be fun.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Arthur Smith = Big NO

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Honestly when I woke up and saw ATL fired Smith, my first thought was "if they keep Fields, he could work out here." Unfortunately it'd be more boring football especially when the emphasis will be heavily on the run, but perhaps the deep shots would be fun.

If he could recreate what he did his two years in Tennessee, it could be fun. 

Who knows, seems like no matter what offense we try to run we ultimately will fail. Tired of this ****. 

• Like 1

This is about the Browns vs Texans match up but look at the percentages of throws over the middle of the field between two QBs who came out under Ryan Day where his ENTIRE offence is about attacking the middle of the field and throwing the ball deep...

One OC guys his QB a chance...and one clearly never has...Fields is never going to be a quick game thrower or even a high percentage thrower to the outside...he is best in mesh concepts horizontally and attacking seems deep...if we keep him we need an OC that understands his skill set.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

This is about the Browns vs Texans match up but look at the percentages of throws over the middle of the field between two QBs who came out under Ryan Day where his ENTIRE offence is about attacking the middle of the field and throwing the ball deep...

One OC guys his QB a chance...and one clearly never has...Fields is never going to be a quick game thrower or even a high percentage thrower to the outside...he is best in mesh concepts horizontally and attacking seems deep...if we keep him we need an OC that understands his skill set.

Bobby Slowik would be a good candidate if Chi moves on from Eberflus.  Look what he's done with with CJ Stroud a,bloody, rookie! I'm confident he can develop a quarterback properly.  And organizations like The Panthers and the team in Washington are requesting interviews for him to be their head coach.