Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

My new fantasy RJ on hold for a min  we go 0-15 the rest of the season and have Williams AND Fields at the same time 

still plenty of cap and draft capital to build this oline RIGHT and get the defense right

Imagine preparing for Caleb Williams and Justin Fields

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

jesus

Think about it. Getting #1 overall with our own pick and then selecting CWilliams gives us time to build the Oline while CW is eased in behind Fields over 1-3 year span. Having CW will force JF to sink or swim, if he swims we trade JF for a frp, if he sinks we keep him to be qb2. We would start the QB salary clock over, both qbs on rookie deals   ...its best case scenario for us actually. Williams can watch and learn while we build team around him

14 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Think about it. Getting #1 overall with our own pick and then selecting CWilliams gives us time to build the Oline while CW is eased in behind Fields over 1-3 year span. Having CW will force JF to sink or swim, if he swims we trade JF for a frp, if he sinks we keep him to be qb2. We would start the QB salary clock over, both qbs on rookie deals   ...its best case scenario for us actually. Williams can watch and learn while we build team around him

No, I won't think about it. These guys aren't even close to the same type of QB. If the Bears take Williams, Fields will be traded or released and Williams will be the starter the moment Goodell announces the pick. Your scenario isn't how the NFL works. No failed 1st round QB stays on with the team and becomes QB2. Stop this pretend Madden **** you consistently recite

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

I'd rather just trade Fields for whatever we get, and then throw Williams (or Maye) into open competition vs Bagent.  And yes, I seriously just said let them compete vs the UDFA. And no I don't expect Bagent to win that job..... but this team has two terrible habits that both infuriate me:

1. Keeping known bad players around for longer than they should

2. Failing to properly evaluate the talent of the players they do have by failing to create or even allow competition

We know Fields sucks. Rip the damn bandaid off and get rid of him. Every single second he spends on the field right now is just wasting time. There's zero reason to keep him around longer. There was a quote this week that basically said "if there's still "too much on his plate" in his third year, the problem isn't the amount of food, it's the size of the plate".

And we can and should have done this evaluation entirely in the preseason and traded Fields before the season. He should have had to go against Bagent and EARN his job, and frankly given each of their respective draft statuses, Fields SHOULD have absolutely stomped Bagent head to head. Trying to hide him from an UDFA helped absolutely no one, and now we had to waste 2 games and counting to figure out what we already should have known in preseason AND tanked the hell out of the trade value Fields had.

31 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

This is such a tired old trope.  You need someone worthy of learning from for that to happen.  

On 9/22/2023 at 5:37 PM, Ty21 said:

“Play quarterback better!” -demands new offensive coordinator Jibje Research to a confused Justin Fields 

lolz ahahah🤣 .. 

OK, I'll take that challenge...

Here's what Fields can do to help himself throw within 2.5 to 3.5 seconds.

1. Accept Getsy's play, it doesn't matter what play he calls... it's all the same.

2. At the line, know your 1st read, then pick "One" secondary read (it can be the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver).  For an example Fields picks the 3rd receiver to throw to if the 1st receiver is covered.  While at the line, envision which LB and/or S must move away from the 3rd receiver to have a good throw.

3. When the play starts, read his #1 receiver, this take around 2 seconds.  If open, throw now.  If not, then QUCIKLY go to the 3rd receiver.  This is skipping the 2nd receiver, I get it.  If the 3rd receiver is tight and not good, just take off running.  He can stay in the pocket or move around if there is no pressure to look for other receivers.  But the Bears OL sucks, so the 3.5 seconds is reached after reading the 3rd receiver (skipping 2nd receiver) as the Second option.  Fields can also throw the ball away, just don't take the sack.

There you go...  Every play, Fields has 3 options: the 1st receiver, (one of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver---mix this up a little to fake the defense), and running/throw the ball away.  Fields can do this within 3.5 seconds. 

If Fields can do those 3 options within 3.5 second, we will gain yards and score points while not taking the sack or other costly mistake.

I bet Getsy and his QB coach are not teaching him that.  I bet they are teaching him to read 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. and 5th... in that order..  Fields is slow in reading; thus, the coach called plays to one side of the field...sometime...  This is bad teaching FOR Fields ---because Fields read defense so slow..., and it does not fit Fields skill set.

Fields has total control on the field regardless of what Getsy calls. 

Edited by JibjeResearch

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

No, I won't think about it. These guys aren't even close to the same type of QB. If the Bears take Williams, Fields will be traded or released and Williams will be the starter the moment Goodell announces the pick. Your scenario isn't how the NFL works. No failed 1st round QB stays on with the team and becomes QB2. Stop this pretend Madden **** you consistently recite

What does it matter if the QBs aren't close to same type?

we can control Fields for 1-3 more yrs. We also control who plays and is QB1 & QB2. if we have the top pick we take CW and still I'm not letting a dynamic player like JF go unless heavy comp coming back.  

If over the course of this season and next season Fields clearly fails to show that he is an NFL starter, what better options will he have than to be qb2 here and run a designed package of plays each game. Why does he have to leave here to be a #2 somewhere else  ?? 

4 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

This is such a tired old trope.  You need someone worthy of learning from for that to happen.  

Not learn from Fields necessarily, just be able to sit back for a year or 2 go through a couple of camps and preseasons while we build the team up (esp the oline) around him. 

Let JF max himself out, see if he is a starter (if so trade him), if he is a #2 (keep him and have a package of plays for him to run each week)

Edited by SLCbear

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

I'd rather just trade Fields for whatever we get, and then throw Williams (or Maye) into open competition vs Bagent.  And yes, I seriously just said let them compete vs the UDFA. And no I don't expect Bagent to win that job..... but this team has two terrible habits that both infuriate me:

1. Keeping known bad players around for longer than they should

2. Failing to properly evaluate the talent of the players they do have by failing to create or even allow competition

We know Fields sucks. Rip the damn bandaid off and get rid of him. Every single second he spends on the field right now is just wasting time. There's zero reason to keep him around longer. There was a quote this week that basically said "if there's still "too much on his plate" in his third year, the problem isn't the amount of food, it's the size of the plate".

And we can and should have done this evaluation entirely in the preseason and traded Fields before the season. He should have had to go against Bagent and EARN his job, and frankly given each of their respective draft statuses, Fields SHOULD have absolutely stomped Bagent head to head. Trying to hide him from an UDFA helped absolutely no one, and now we had to waste 2 games and counting to figure out what we already should have known in preseason AND tanked the hell out of the trade value Fields had.

We don't KNow JF sucks, not yet. By the middle of next season we will have complete answer

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

We don't KNow JF sucks, not yet. By the middle of next season we will have complete answer

Man has had 2 years, 3 offseasons, and 2 games. If anything he looks worse than when he was drafted, and even at his best level during that time he hasn't produced like a viable starting qb. 

This is what I'm talking about with this franchise, we don't need to keep wasting time here. We did the same thing with Mitch. It's not even qb specific... We kept Mustipher around for multiple years too long.... Lucas Patrick is still on this roster for good knows what reason. Can't keep coddling players that can't hack it and expect to ever improve as a team.....bring in competition, let them fight it out, and get rid of the dead weight. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Not learn from Fields necessarily, just be able to sit back for a year or 2 go through a couple of camps and preseasons while we build the team up (esp the oline) around him. 

Let JF max himself out, see if he is a starter (if so trade him), if he is a #2 (keep him and have a package of plays for him to run each week)

You before week 1: Poles has done a great job, they'll beat Green Bay, Fields is a great player

You before week 3: Fields needs a better team around him still, give it another few offseasons

As @Epyon pointed out, he's had 3 offseasons. If he needs 5, he can have those in Canada

7 hours ago, SLCbear said:

What does it matter if the QBs aren't close to same type?

we can control Fields for 1-3 more yrs. We also control who plays and is QB1 & QB2. if we have the top pick we take CW and still I'm not letting a dynamic player like JF go unless heavy comp coming back.  

If over the course of this season and next season Fields clearly fails to show that he is an NFL starter, what better options will he have than to be qb2 here and run a designed package of plays each game. Why does he have to leave here to be a #2 somewhere else  ?? 

It matters because a playbook will be designed around the QB and their strengths. What are Fields' strengths exactly at this stage? Running? Williams/Maye aren't running QB's

The Bears really don't have that control. Fields and his camp will want out if they have the #1 pick. Do you think he/they are just going to give up hopes for him as a starter in the NFL? They'll ask for a trade and the Bears will happily oblige. There is a 0% chance Fields will be taking QB1 snaps here in July next year if Caleb Williams OR Drake Maye are on the roster. Maybe in your head it makes sense, but any sane fan and anyone in Halas Hall will have different thoughts

Why would the Bears need Fields during the 2024 season for a few packages if they have Roschon on the roster still?

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1