Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

I think Atlanta is the last place Fields ends up tbh (other than here again another year).... Pace already lost one job with Fields.... why on earth would he double down and hang his career on the kid? And hell, that was AFTER he already took Trubisky over Mahomes.

21 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I think Atlanta is the last place Fields ends up tbh (other than here again another year).... Pace already lost one job with Fields.... why on earth would he double down and hang his career on the kid? And hell, that was AFTER he already took Trubisky over Mahomes.

Pace is just an exec in Atlanta, not the GM. It'll hardly be his job on the line if Fields goes there and flops.

Fields can salvage the season by doing...

1. Drop faster

2. Stabilize his foot work.

3. Read/Throw to the open receiver within 3.5 seconds or take off/throw it away, take what the defense gives and take a shot downfield a few times. (Forget calling the run play, Fields needs to run whenever he feels it... to get the yards/1st down).

4. Don't take a sack no matter what!

Do those things and Field will throw 65% with 4000yds+ season....and TDs.  Keep the TD/interception to 2 to 1.  This is a successful season for Fields.  If the defense can stop people, we will win a lot. 

If the defense sucks, forget about winning...  Right now, the defense sucks so bad lolz🤣😁

And... the receivers need to catch.  Play RB Johnson for blocking...and running sometime just to keep Fields fresh.

This is Fields's team, make it that way!  The Bears go where Fields goes.  If you don't like it.... release him, Staff Members!

Most people are talking about Fields and the Offense....   Heyyyyy  You guys messed up... The Defense lost the game!  The Defense is the BIGGER problem for the Bears!

Edited by JibjeResearch

6 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

Do those things and Field will throw 65% with 4000yds+ season....and TDs.  Keep the TD/interception to 2 to 1.  This is a successful season for Fields.  If the defense can stop people, we will win a lot. 

Oh, that's all? If it were that simple don't you think he would be doing this? This just isn't the reality that we are living in at the moment. We can theorize this until the cows come home. The fact is that we are probably past this point. 

48 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I still think Justin’s bombshell was taken out of context and blown way out of proportion but the fact that it was saved face for him. Public consensus is wafting back towards considering his shortcomings as Getsy’s fault. 

I agree. It was taken way out of proportion. But as a fanbase, that's what we do.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 2

Just caught up on the Lions vs. Seahawks game since Ben Johnson is my #1 HC candidate & Shane Waldron my #3...can not describe how frustrating it is to watch proper offences compared to ours...Jared Goff & Geno Smith are far from elite QBs so how do these OCs make their offences effective?...

Balanced play calling especially on 1st down

Physical & direct running attack

Protection in multiple different ways with inline TEs...RB/FB...motioning TEs back in and hitting DL at angles...even WRs chipping when getting into their routes on tight formations.

Stress the defence with a vertical option on every passing play (very few plays with guys running the same route on the same play)

Plenty of half field reads with multiple levels of attack (not just on roll outs or play action)

All this stuff is fairly simple to design...now of course you need to have a feel for play calling in game (not sure Getsy does) but even from a play design point of view how difficult would it be to take one of the two curl routes you have and just put in a go? Just make the defence have to worry about as much as possible instead of this vertical small ball we are currently playing.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Just caught up on the Lions vs. Seahawks game since Ben Johnson is my #1 HC candidate & Shane Waldron my #3...can not describe how frustrating it is to watch proper offences compared to ours...Jared Goff & Geno Smith are far from elite QBs so how do these OCs make their offences effective?...

Balanced play calling especially on 1st down

Physical & direct running attack

Protection in multiple different ways with inline TEs...RB/FB...motioning TEs back in and hitting DL at angles...even WRs chipping when getting into their routes on tight formations.

Stress the defence with a vertical option on every passing play (very few plays with guys running the same route on the same play)

Plenty of half field reads with multiple levels of attack (not just on roll outs or play action)

All this stuff is fairly simple to design...now of course you need to have a feel for play calling in game (not sure Getsy does) but even from a play design point of view how difficult would it be to take one of the two curl routes you have and just put in a go? Just make the defence have to worry about as much as possible instead of this vertical small ball we are currently playing.

They both have Olines that can move people. We cannot do that so we get stuck with what we've seen. I said it before the draft, I could care less if we had the worst D in the league I want to invest out first 4 picks on offense - OL / WR / RB in that order. We cannot execute anything with a bad line.

21 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

They both have Olines that can move people. We cannot do that so we get stuck with what we've seen. I said it before the draft, I could care less if we had the worst D in the league I want to invest out first 4 picks on offense - OL / WR / RB in that order. We cannot execute anything with a bad line.

Yeah but here is the thing...

Lions: Missing starting LT Taylor Decker...starting RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai went down during the game.

Seahawks: Missing starting LT Charles Cross...stating RT Abe Lucas is on IR...starting centre Evan Brown went down during the game...backup guard Ben Brown was hurt and didn't dress.

It's not just the talent these guys have on the line it's having play callers who can adjust to what they do well...it's designing plays that don't leave them on islands or ask them to make crazy blocks or releases (think of Kmet releasing to the inside of the RT here)...some of our plays are just not helping anyone on that offence.

• Like 3