Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

So the trade deadline is past, but I'm pretty sure we could still legally put together a WR corp of Chris Conley, Albert Wilson, Marcus Kemp, Richie James, and Cornell Powell. Unfortunately, Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle remain on active NFL rosters.

I should be sleeping right now instead of looking up NFL practice squads, but I have to cope somehow.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 8:37 PM, kingseanjohn said:

No chance. Ignoring contracts, the only WR groups I wouldn't take over ours is the Bears, Cardinals, Falcons, Patriots, and Ravens. Then debatably the Steelers, Texans, Colts, and Titans.

Over a month later and now I’m not sure any team is worse off than us

Only WRs available tomorrow are MVS, Watson, Rice, James and Washington. Means we can’t rotate guys like we usually do, maybe we can actually get into a rhythm on offense. 

Lol at Veach stating that Toney is the future number one WR this offseason. All time blunder, we all knew he wouldn’t stay healthy. 

I bet you Rice still doesn’t get any targets

20 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Only WRs available tomorrow are MVS, Watson, Rice, James and Washington. Means we can’t rotate guys like we usually do, maybe we can actually get into a rhythm on offense. 

Lol at Veach stating that Toney is the future number one WR this offseason. All time blunder, we all knew he wouldn’t stay healthy. 

I bet you Rice still doesn’t get any targets

It'll be the standard, he gets a 15 yard catch and then immediately gets rotated out. Then he'll start to maybe get some momentum going on a later drive in the 1st half and then zero targets the entire 2nd half.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It'll be the standard, he gets a 15 yard catch and then immediately gets rotated out. Then he'll start to maybe get some momentum going on a later drive in the 1st half and then zero targets the entire 2nd half.

I see a lot of rounded off routes, he’s a half step slow on half the snaps, and he’s also clearly running into zone coverage a good amount

I think there’s a reason he’s not seeing more snaps. But he will be tomorrow, well see how he does. Maybe if he’s more of a main option things might be different 

26 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I think there’s a reason he’s not seeing more snaps.

He's been getting a decent amount of snaps, but his targets are just low. Some of those routes look like decoy routes to me. He definitely needs to work on his route running though. It'd be nice to bring in an old vet to work with them instead of our current WR coach.

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

He's been getting a decent amount of snaps, but his targets are just low. Some of those routes look like decoy routes to me. He definitely needs to work on his route running though. It'd be nice to bring in an old vet to work with them instead of our current WR coach.

I miss the days when the vets leading the room were Tyreek and Sammy. The piper had to be paid eventually