Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

This is just like 2014 all over again. These WRs are comically bad, to the point that I laugh on game days. Toney lining up offsides? Yeah why not lol 😂 

I know Veach has done a lot of good shoring up the roster, but this WR Corp is terrible sans Rice. Terrible enough to cost us games and likely the division. 

28 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

Dog ****. This season will be remembered as the one where no one could catch the ball.

Or, the script writers are really on one this year, and it will be remembered as the MVS/Toney/Moore redemption arc, when they all catch TDs in the superbowl.

Though even if it were scripted, I'm not sure they would be able to make the scripted catches.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Or, the script writers are really on one this year, and it will be remembered as the MVS/Toney/Moore redemption arc, when they all catch TDs in the superbowl.

Though even if it were scripted, I'm not sure they would be able to make the scripted catches.

You have a lot more faith than me, even if it's imaginary lol.

These guys just stink, which is hard to say cause I love this team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

You have a lot more faith than me, even if it's imaginary lol.

These guys just stink, which is hard to say cause I love this team.

I've hit that sweet spot after the Packers loss, that I'm no longer expecting this team to be as great as it has been the past 5 years or so. Like I expected us to lose against Buffalo. And it makes it much easier for me at that point to deal with and joke about the disappointment lol. My expectations and emotional investment will be a good bit lower until the team earns them back. It's a skill I honed somewhere around the Herm Edwards era. So this is child's play compared to that.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I've hit that sweet spot after the Packers loss, that I'm no longer expecting this team to be as great as it has been the past 5 years or so. Like I expected us to lose against Buffalo. And it makes it much easier for me at that point to deal with and joke about the disappointment lol. My expectations and emotional investment will be a good bit lower until the team earns them back. It's a skill I honed somewhere around the Herm Edwards era. So this is child's play compared to that.

I just get tell myself that they won 2 superbowls in 4 years, so it's alright to have a down year. Sounds like we're in similar spots.

• Like 1

‘The 2023 Chiefs WRs are at an 8% drop rate, worst drop rate of any WR Corp in a decade. The second team this year? The jets at 5.1% and league average is 4%

the drop rate jumps to 12.5% on pass plays 20+ yards through the air 

Mahomes QBR when targeting his receivers is 24th, worse than Desmond Ridder, on a paltry 6.6 yards per play, 4th shortest in the league.’

@Jakuvious can we rename the thread to Chiefs WR Corpse 💀 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We had a LB corpse back when DJ was drafted. Why not.

That said, this is not the worst WR group we have had in the last 10 years. Just sayin'.

They have a higher drop percentage than any other team in the last decade, including the 2014 Chiefs. 

so yeah maybe they scored some TDs, but they’re worse at catching the ball then the 2014 WRs. If that’s not worse than it’s close, especially with the difference in QB