Thursday Night Football- Vikings @ Eagles

KingOfNewYork

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Eagles
    • Vikings

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You just answered why the rule is in place and doesn't need to be changed.

You can't have two separate rules for goal line scoring plays, that's absurd. Hell everything goal line related is whacky if you really look at it.

Why does the entire football have to clear the goal line when a possible Safety is going to be called?

Yet when trying to score on offense if any portion of the football crosses the line, the TD counts? Not the entire football, the tip?

There's nothing wrong with the rule, there needs to be consequences when diving towards the endzone resulting in a FBL.

A loss of 25 yards is still a meaningful consequence if you place the ball further back if you’re facing a potential first and goal from the 1. A turnover in that situation after a successful drive when the defense at no point possessed the ball seems like an extreme consequence. I get why there has to be a rule in place for this situation, just don’t think a turnover is the best remedy.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Refugee said:

It’s not clear that the Jets have access to that frp due to terms of trade. It is clear that GB will get a 2nd but the pick has conditions on it until further notice. As for tanking, it’s only week two. Lot of season left before we get to that point. 

They do not. Confirmed by Spielberger on Twitter.  Yet to answer whether or not that could change if GB is willing to play ball... not sure why they would be though

7 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

You telling the Jets can't get an amendment with the league offices? And if GB plays hardball, (and I've mentioned this on the Jet boards to the other notable Pack fan), teams will never do business with GB again. You can't in good faith disallow a team to improve itself at the EXPENSE OF YOUR DIVISION RIVAL, who will be tanking. The Packers would play the Vikings post NYJ bye week, the ideal time to approve the trade and get your young QB in the playoffs. A 1st round pick is justified. It's not going to be a top 10 pick unless Wilson gets injured... which would further necessitate a desperation trade sooner rather than later.

This doesn't make much sense.  GB wouldn't be doing anything except honoring the deal that both teams have already agreed upon. This simply isn't GB's problem and if the Jets want to change the conditions of the trade in their favor, then they most assuredly will have to sweeten the pot.

Other teams will have no problem doing business with the Packers going forward if they think that business will help improve their organization.

Edited by Jameson_Neat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Soggust said:

???

Third in turnovers in 2022.

Second in turnovers in 2020. 

Third in turnovers in 2018.

Second in turnovers in 2017.

In 2021, 2019, 2016, 2015 he was middle of the pack with double digit turnovers. 

Are we talking fumble numbers? Because of getting obliterated behind that o-line and being the most hit QB in football?

Regardless, Kirk is more likely to play hero ball than make a gaffe. I mean the fact that we’re even talking about this after his performance last night is nothing short of absurd. Narratives suck.

I mean really, I’d love to know what horrible, relevant, recent gaffes Kirk has had to rip fan’s hearts out. He had more come from behind victories than anyone last year. Fan perceptions are dumb.

Edited by NoFlyZone

25 minutes ago, adamq said:

They do not. Confirmed by Spielberger on Twitter.  Yet to answer whether or not that could change if GB is willing to play ball... not sure why they would be though

Cash considerations or draft picks are the currencies that front offices deal in. There are no Halmark cards for this situation. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

You telling the Jets can't get an amendment with the league offices? And if GB plays hardball, (and I've mentioned this on the Jet boards to the other notable Pack fan), teams will never do business with GB again. You can't in good faith disallow a team to improve itself at the EXPENSE OF YOUR DIVISION RIVAL, who will be tanking. The Packers would play the Vikings post NYJ bye week, the ideal time to approve the trade and get your young QB in the playoffs. A 1st round pick is justified. It's not going to be a top 10 pick unless Wilson gets injured... which would further necessitate a desperation trade sooner rather than later.

To begin, I don’t believe in any hypothetical where the Vikings trade Cousins this year. Even if you believe that there’s a chance, you have to admit it’s a slim one. As for the League getting involved with a deal that was set after months of deliberation, that would set a bad precedent. GB just has to go by the book on this one and no other teams will fault them for that. If terms are changed so is compensation. What would be fair? I won’t speculate. I’m not sure the Jets are hot to deal their first rounder in any case. 

48 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Wut

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Are we talking fumble numbers? Because of getting obliterated behind that o-line and being the most hit QB in football?

Regardless, Kirk is more likely to play hero ball than make a gaffe. I mean the fact that we’re even talking about this after his performance last night is nothing short of absurd. Narratives suck.

I mean really, I’d love to know what horrible, relevant, recent gaffes Kirk has had to rip fan’s hearts out. He had more come from behind victories than anyone last year. Fan perceptions are dumb.

You don't have to convince me, ha! I've been a Kirk Cousins white knight for years.

But he did finish #3 overall in both 2020 and 2022 even in terms of throwing the most INTs alone. In fact, last year was the least amount of fumbles he's had since his first full season in 2015 (and only lost 3), so I don't know that the turnovers were influenced simply by a poor line.

Again though, I'm with ya - that one line just struck me as odd, because he has been a bit inconsistent as of late (including last year). He's had other years where he looked like a poor man's Rodgers with single digit INTs on the year, so he's an absolutely fine QB.

It's just never going to be good enough because the fans will always move the goalposts. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Soggust said:

You don't have to convince me, ha! I've been a Kirk Cousins white knight for years.

But he did finish #3 overall in both 2020 and 2022 even in terms of throwing the most INTs alone. In fact, last year was the least amount of fumbles he's had since his first full season in 2015 (and only lost 3), so I don't know that the turnovers were influenced simply by a poor line.

Again though, I'm with ya - that one line just struck me as odd, because he has been a bit inconsistent as of late (including last year). He's had other years where he looked like a poor man's Rodgers with single digit INTs on the year, so he's an absolutely fine QB.

It's just never going to be good enough because the fans will always move the goalposts. 

Strange, for some reason I didn’t remember Kirk throwing 14 interceptions last year. I guess overall I just don’t remember any one specific game where it was an egregious issue, aside from maybe week 2 last year. I suppose over the past four seasons he has gone back and forth between having a low amount and then following it up with having a bit more. 

Still, I don’t see Kirk as the gaffe guy that people meme him to be for no good reason. Glad we agree there. Not really sure where the disrespect comes from for the guy.

• Like 1