Week 3 GDT: Gmen vs. 49ers 9/21 @ 8:15PM

Giants4eva

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Giants have functioned well when woefully undermanned in recent history. At Denver in 2017 and at Seattle in 2020 come to mind. I still don't think we win, but I think it will be closer than a lot of people expect it to be. The benefit, if there is one, of losing Bredeson and Thomas for this game is that there are no thoughts at all of our OL holding up man on man against the 49ers front. There were definitely adjustments made this week to help out those guys on the line. With a fully healthy OL, maybe there are some thoughts that our 5 can hold up enough to maybe run some 4, 5 man routes. You absolutely will not see any of those tonight.

Funnily enough, you know what was remarkably successful against the Cardinals? 3 man routes with Slayton, Waller, and Hyatt, and that was because of the speed and deep threat presented by just those 3 guys. It opened up a lot underneath.

I hope we can see a repeat of that tonight with the 49ers. I really wanna be wrong in saying were gonna get stomped tonight. Lets hope

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

The tackling by the defense is flat-out embarrassing. 

Yep. I know people talk about how great of a coordinator Wink is. But tbh I don't really see it. This defense was mediocre last year. Supposedly upgraded talent this year, and they look even worse now. I know it's on the players to execute. But you have to think that this defense could be quite a bit better with the solid talent it has. All of these DTs that were signed and they still can't stock the run.