GDT Week 3: Eagles(2-0) vs Bucs(2-0) - Monday Night Showdown

AZ_Eaglesfan

7 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

On that play that the eagles forced a safety, Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter basically destroyed the entire buccaneers OL by themselves..lmfao wow

They were both double teamed and didn't give an inch at the LOS, maybe even pushed into the Bucs OLine a bit too.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

They were both double teamed and didn't give an inch at the LOS, maybe even pushed into the Bucs OLine a bit too.

Jordan Davis most definitely got push late. 

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

What's changed from 2022? 

Not the players

Not the QB

The OC who was calling plays? YES!

I get the concern but to me this is exactly what we were "ALL" worried about post losing 2 different  Coordinators. 

Now 3 weeks in, despite being 3-0 we are worried Hurts has regressed? Despite 10 of the 11 same starters? Makes no sense to me, sorry!

There's a reason, a natural exceptable reason.  No Steichen! Honestly this should be expected by the masses? 🤔

Unless You All are saying it's was All Hurts, and Shane had absolutely nothing to do with making a SB?

Jalen Hurts so far is regressing in no small part due to himself. I hope you can acknowledge that. 

@downundermike is not wrong in pointing out he has shown some of the 2020/21 tendencies and that sample size is bigger than good Jalen.

Teams now know his biggest weakness is his pocket presence and right now they're sending their edge rushers wide and playing zone behind it to make him panic and limiting his runs, and so far it's working. He did have flashes on the to OZ throws and late in the game, it is on Jalen now to counterpunch. 

The OC has some of the blame, but the majority is on Jalen , Brian Johnson is adapting and lucky for us the team is so strong we can be so dominant in the run game and just sit on the ball. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

Personally, the bailing from the clean pocket and moving when he doesn't need to is a symptom and not the problem for Jalen. For whatever reason he just isn't seeing the field as well as last year yet. Could be the new OC, could be the defenses he is playing against, could be a lot of things. Brian Johnson definitely needs to do a better job of getting him layups to get him going, but Jalen bares a load of the responsibility there. It is super frustrating when you watch teams like the Rams/Niners have guys just getting schemed wide open for gimmies underneath all the time and then you watch our offense and everything feels like it is at the LOS or 15+ yards down field. Could really use AJ on more drag routes like he caught early in the game and things like that to help open up the offense.

I do think Jalen is getting better every week though and so is the play calling. Overall he played pretty well on Sunday. He needs to continue to improve though and I have faith he will.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Jalen Hurts so far is regressing in no small part due to himself. I hope you can acknowledge that. 

I can acknowledge that Jalen is not playing like his MVP caliber season from last year. 100% agree, there's no denying that!

If you believe that to be "regression" because he's not on another MVP type run, so be it. 

If by 'regressing" you mean last year was a fluke,  he actually sucks because this is the type of players we should expect to see all year, I can't get on board with that.

As Sirianni eluded to in his last PC. The numbers the last two weeks (being up big), will always be skewed towards the running game because that is what we do to finish off games. 

41 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I can acknowledge that Jalen is not playing like his MVP caliber season from last year. 100% agree, there's no denying that!

If you believe that to be "regression" because he's not on another MVP type run, so be it. 

If by 'regressing" you mean last year was a fluke,  he actually sucks because this is the type of players we should expect to see all year, I can't get on board with that.

As Sirianni eluded to in his last PC. The numbers the last two weeks (being up big), will always be skewed towards the running game because that is what we do to finish off games. 

You are going to the extreme there. 

He's not looking like an MVP, nor like a top 10 QB, that's regression. Does he actually suck? That's too much, he does not nor does he look like a FQB at the moment. 

About the last two games, that is not the case. We were running to set up for a FG at the end of the first half. It is awesome that we can do that, but at the end of the day we need our QB to play above the 2020/21 level.