Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

I only want Henry if he’s coming for a 1-2 yr deal for $4-5m/yr and wants to win a championship. If he’s looking for a pay day this ain’t it

Nah, we ONLY want Henry on a market setting deal and ONLY if he puts up meaningless stats against bad teams and promises to tank in the playoffs… EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  

7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Nah, we ONLY want Henry on a market setting deal and ONLY if he puts up meaningless stats against bad teams and promises to tank in the playoffs… EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=c92e25dcf65f8fd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It’s malpractice from the Cowboys journalism community that we don’t know the story behind Mazi’s weight loss. 

Had to be def. staff trying to improve on his get off. His 1st step is now and was at UM pretty poor. It’s the only thing that makes any sense. Why it’s under lock and key is odd though to say the least.

I do believe Zim will right the ship though. 

Edited by WizardHawk

10 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Guess he wasn't that tired.

To be fair, he never said he was tired - that was his partner in crime Tank that said that they were tired.  It's also been a month since they played a game, so their legs are plenty rested now, haha

Apparently Micah is playing GM in his own head, haha.  Props to Jerry for entertaining him and letting him share his thoughts.  Got to do what you can to keep Micah in that "team friendly deal" mindset, even if it's a record breaking deal either way.  Will be interesting if we have two of the highest paid defenders as book ends on our DL.

"Yea so that’s what I like about J. I think J’s one of the best, GMs, like owners that I’ve been around. And not even just that I’ve been around because I’ve only been on one team. But from what I’ve heard from other NBA and NFL players. And it’s just like the Super Bowl... Jerry see’s me walking out the Wynn. Jerry was at the Wynn. He says, ‘Hey, you going to the Super Bowl?’ I said ‘Yea, I’m going.’ He said, ‘Come see us.’ And I was like, ‘Hey you got any extra tickets? I’ve got some homeboys that want to come.’ Jerry sends me four extra tickets to the Super Bowl suite. And we just sit and talk from before the game until the whole half about players I want to be in, players I want to be around. Who do I need? Who do I want to be with? Future of our team. And that’s just dope to have that type of feedback with an owner that loves to hear your ideas and what you think and where the team can be. Jerry’s been pretty amazing like that with my family and stuff like that. I have had them conversations with him and we spoke for two, three hours this Super Bowl alone." -  Micah Interview on SAS

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

To be fair, he never said he was tired - that was his partner in crime Tank that said that they were tired.  It's also been a month since they played a game, so their legs are plenty rested now, haha

Yeah, I know. I was just being a D*ck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Apparently Micah is playing GM in his own head, haha.  Props to Jerry for entertaining him and letting him share his thoughts.  Got to do what you can to keep Micah in that "team friendly deal" mindset, even if it's a record breaking deal either way.  Will be interesting if we have two of the highest paid defenders as book ends on our DL.

I’ve always thought Jerry loved his “‘guys” , be it Emmit, Irvin, Deion, Dez. He truly loves his team and wants the best for them, I don’t know if the same can be said for the other owners, although I’m sure he not the only owner like that 

On 2/18/2024 at 12:04 PM, WizardHawk said:

Had to be def. staff trying to improve on his get off. His 1st step is now and was at UM pretty poor. It’s the only thing that makes any sense. Why it’s under lock and key is odd though to say the least.

I do believe Zim will right the ship though. 

I don’t think I buy it. You don’t have a guy ranked #13 on your board just to give him a weight goal of -30lbs. 

My assumption is that it was a player issue. Something’s been weird since he refused to workout in the pre-draft process. But regardless, someone should be getting to the bottom of it. Bad look for our media.