2023 GDT Week #3 DA Pittsburgh Steelers Visit Las Vegas Da Raiders

Steeler Hitman

Who Ya Got This Week?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Steelers go to 2-1 with a win in Vegas?

• Yeah, They do it in typical Steelers ugly fashion!
    • No, They lose in typical Steelers ugly fashion!
    • Neither. They Tie in typical Steelers ugly fashion!

15 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This game is going to suck.

I don't know what to expect.  Probably lots of FG's and maybe a chant to fire canada if there are enough steeler fans there. That would make the game for us anyways, we are tired of his offence. 

maybe cement shoes wilson will pad his stats vs our OL like everyone else seems to. 

43 minutes ago, August4th said:

feel like since around 2021 most steeler games have sucked or been boring for 3 quarters and some fluky stuff decides the winner in the 4th or the steelers are getting blown out

100%

I was going to make a post about this in GDT during the Browns game, but it got long and ranty. I don’t, honestly, remember the last time we played a good game. Sure, good moments, but 95% of the game is just the ugliest, worst football I’ve seen. I don’t know if it’s like that for other teams because I literally never watch other NFL games. Sometimes just highlights but that doesn’t show the whole thing. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

100%

I was going to make a post about this in GDT during the Browns game, but it got long and ranty. I don’t, honestly, remember the last time we played a good game. Sure, good moments, but 95% of the game is just the ugliest, worst football I’ve seen. I don’t know if it’s like that for other teams because I literally never watch other NFL games. Sometimes just highlights but that doesn’t show the whole thing. 

we've become the redskins, bears, Dolphins before mcdainal, Jets etc... 6-9 win teams who's brand of football I'd find to be boring as hell to watch

1 hour ago, August4th said:

feel like since around 2021 most steeler games have sucked or been boring for 3 quarters and some fluky stuff decides the winner in the 4th or the steelers are getting blown out

not many games that were solid for 4 quarters in all phases or even perhaps a single phase.  The tomlin steelers in recent years had a QB that should have been retired a few years earlier, bad OC and  at time seemed not prepared.  In total, not a good last few years for us.  Maybe this is the future though, see what changes are made during this season or after this season

My current mock draft, Kenny's replacement:
Round 1: Quinn Ewers QB Texas
Round 2: Troy Franklin WR Oregon
Round 3: McKinnley Jackson DE Texas A&M
Round 4: Javion Cohen OG Miami 
Round 4b: Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
Round 6: Beau Brade S Maryland
Round 7: Audric Estime RB Notre Dame

Tomlin on challenges:

As the head coach, you are the guy with the red challenge flag in your pocket. What are you seeing, or looking for to start thinking about whether to challenge a play?
A. A lot of things. I have in-stadium information that comes via jumbotrons. I have my eye because some of the things, particularly those that happen on our sideline, I see. And then I have coaches in the booth who have a different perspective coupled with technology up there. But sometimes all of those variables are moot, and sometimes, particularly when people are working at pace, a play is so significant that you want confirmation that they earned it. And particularly in the first half of a game, a timeout might be worth that. If time is of the essence, you don't have enough information, there's a lack of clarity if they're working at pace, and you simply don't want to let that moment pass. Field positioning, points, what have you, those are the variables that come into the decision-making process. 

Q. Do you find over the course of this procedure that you get talked into things or talked out of things, or does it usually just come down to what you think?
A. You know, you can perceive it as talked into and out of, because I'm not in the booth, and so they're providing me information. I'm not in control the jumbotron so what I see on the jumbotron might influence me. I'm absorbing a lot of information in a short period of time and making decisions based upon that. 

Q. When you make the decision to drop the challenge flag, the referee will come over to you. What is that conversation about?
A. It's really informal and doesn't mean much because once you throw the challenge flag, you're essentially challenging all components of the play. I'm just trying to help them from a timing standpoint and tell them the component of the play that I think is faulty. But it requires no discussion. Once you throw the challenge flag, all components to the play are up for review. And so it really requires no discussion. I'm just trying to help them do their job in a timely manner. 

Q. Are there certain kinds of plays – forward progress, spotting of the ball as one example – that are unlikely to be won with a challenge?
A. Let's be honest, they're all unlikely to be won. There's a posture within the ranks that you better be pretty sure. But the unwritten rules in our space – line to gain and things of that nature, forward progress – you better have some clear evidence, and most of the time those things happen in piles of players, and so you're running a risk. But again, sometimes a line to gain or a moment might be worth that risk, particularly in the first half of the game. Oftentimes you go into a first half of the game with timeouts in your hip pocket and so, those are kind of the variables along the discussion.

https://x.com/steelersdepot/status/1705909691971403920?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Edited by warfelg