The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

20 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think pass rusher, LB or TE should go in the 2nd along with an OLineman. Unfortunately we aren't going to get any of the top 10 tackles going QB in round 1.

If we go QB, I hope we get TE JaTavion Sanders and whatever tackle prospect is left, Patrick Paul/Graham Barton/Kingsley Suamataia/Jordan Morgan. If a top DE falls, I think we go there instead of TE. 

I think you can get a DE in FA and 3rd rd you can get a quality LB but I think there’s a drop off in o linemen. FA will determine some of the direction we go in the draft 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Do you think there’s more than one TE worth a 2nd at this point?

I actually don't. I'm not even sure Sanders will be there for our earlier 2nd round pick, but the gap between Bowers and Sanders is pretty big and the gap after Sanders is probably bigger. I think Sinnott will probably be the 3rd TE and he will probably go late 3rd early 4th. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think you can get a DE in FA and 3rd rd you can get a quality LB but I think there’s a drop off in o linemen. FA will determine some of the direction we go in the draft 

I think there are a top of quality pass rushers in FA, true. I think pairing a vet with a rookie is a good idea. I also don't think pass rushing depth is very good in the draft. 

I 100% agree about the drop off in O-Lineman which is why I am adamantly suggesting avoiding the QB route and do what Seattle did after Russ left, draft a top end tackle early and another O-lineman later. Something like Joe Alt and Cooper Beebe/Jackson Powers-Johnson would be awesome in my eyes. 

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I actually don't. I'm not even sure Sanders will be there for our earlier 2nd round pick, but the gap between Bowers and Sanders is pretty big and the gap after Sanders is probably bigger. I think Sinnott will probably be the 3rd TE and he will probably go late 3rd early 4th. 

I agree. The TE draft last year is night and day from this year. As @lavar703 pointed out, last year was the year to get a guy. I am not stressing over TE much yet this year. That's a) why I want to look at Schultz and b) if we get a mid round guy fine, if not, fine.

• Like 3

I'm really starting to think we trade up for Caleb. Our first a second and a third and our 1st next year. It's not going to be cheap. 

We get the next Mahomes. or the closest thing .

24 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm really starting to think we trade up for Caleb. Our first a second and a third and our 1st next year. It's not going to be cheap. 

We get the next Mahomes. or the closest thing .

I think they’ll do that or stay at 2 and take Maye. I’m actually going to go out on a limb here and say Daniels isn’t the third QB off the board and he falls out of the top 10. McCarthy goes before him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think they’ll do that or stay at 2 and take Maye. I’m actually going to go out on a limb here and say Daniels isn’t the third QB off the board and he falls out of the top 10. McCarthy goes before him. 

I hate giving up so much draft capital when we have so many needs. I'd like to see Peters trade down for more and take a shot at another Purdy in rds 3,4 5 .. etc .

• Like 1

NFL Notifications 

𝐀 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠…
that says if the #Commanders cannot bump the Bears off Caleb Williams—

Washington may just take Marvin Harrison Jr. (no. 2) and trade their 2nd round (no. 36) to the #Bears for Justin Fields.

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

NFL Notifications 

Washington may just take Marvin Harrison Jr. (no. 2) and trade their 2nd round (no. 36) to the #Bears for Justin Fields.

Now That's Interesting .. not sure how I'd feel. Harrison seems like a "can't miss" .

6 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

NFL Notifications 

It’s silly season, but maybe Adam Peters wanted Justin Fields in San Fran in 2021 but was over ruled bc Kyle & Lynch wanted Trey Lance instead. 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

NFL Notifications 

This account is BS. Has been BS and will continue to be BS lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, I think its starting to get called out by everyone now. Allbright just called him out as well. I wouldn't take what his says serious my dude. 

I stated in another post on that I wasn’t sure about the validity of this tweet. I won’t copy and paste anything from this anymore 

• Like 1