The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

Just now, lavar703 said:

Come on dude. We all know they’re picking a QB. 

Again my man, the confidence is great. Just acknowledge that they might not draft a QB. Don't pigeon-hole yourself into this QB or bust situation. The draft is almost 3 months away, lots can happen/change in that time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Again my man, the confidence is great. Just acknowledge that they might not draft a QB. Don't pigeon-hole yourself into this QB or bust situation. The draft is almost 3 months away, lots can happen/change in that time. 

I am totally convinced. 99.9% they’re picking a QB. Next years class is awful. Kenny Pickett-class bad. So if you don’t do it now in a very good QB class when do you do it? 3 years from now? And I don’t mean it in a smart assy type of way. Like if we pass now, in one of the best classes in years then when? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I am totally convinced. 99.9% they’re picking a QB. Next years class is awful. Kenny Pickett-class bad. So if you don’t do it now in a very good QB class when do you do it? 3 years from now? And I don’t mean it in a smart assy type of way. Like if we pass now, in one of the best classes in years then when? 

I really don't see what makes this class different than any of the bad classes recently, but to each their own. 

I hope for your mental safety they draft the QB you want, but more-so I want them to get the right player. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I am totally convinced. 99.9% they’re picking a QB. Next years class is awful. Kenny Pickett-class bad.

ooooooof. That would suck. I’m down on it but not THAT bad.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So if you don’t do it now in a very good QB class when do you do it? 3 years from now? And I don’t mean it in a smart assy type of way. Like if we pass now, in one of the best classes in years then when? 

Bingo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Come on dude. We all know they’re picking a QB. 

They will and probably should. But I just think the justification of we took Chase and missed on Herbert and Tua who haven’t  won anything meaningful with excellent talent around them is a horrible reason to apply a lesson. Because neither have won a playoff game. Like and there’s just so much oh your at 2 you gotta take a QB. The truth is no you don’t. At two you need to make the best pick for your teams future collectively throughout the draft with each selection. And making someone who’s really good seem great because you need something is a quick way to get fired

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I really don't see what makes this class different than any of the bad classes recently, but to each their own. 

I hope for your mental safety they draft the QB you want, but more-so I want them to get the right player. 

Williams, Daniels or Maye will be fine with me. I don't  particularly want Daniels but he certainly has an exciting skillset. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

They will and probably should. But I just think the justification of we took Chase and missed on Herbert and Tua who haven’t  won anything meaningful with excellent talent around them is a horrible reason to apply a lesson. Because neither have won a playoff game. Like and there’s just so much oh your at 2 you gotta take a QB. The truth is no you don’t. At two you need to make the best pick for your teams future collectively throughout the draft with each selection. And making someone who’s really good seem great because you need something is a quick way to get fired

We won 4 games. Tua and Herbert have both made the playoffs in their careers. And Tua beat us so bad they practically stopped trying to score. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Williams, Daniels or Maye will be fine with me. I don't  particularly want Daniels but he certainly has an exciting skillset. 

Really feels like the 2021 draft to me. Outside of Lawrence, the rest was meh. Williams is the only QB worth an early 1st round pick IMO. 

We'll see I guess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Really feels like the 2021 draft to me. Outside of Lawrence, the rest was meh. Williams is the only QB worth an early 1st round pick IMO. 

We'll see I guess. 

Fair enough. We'll never agree on the QBs after Williams so its pointless to go back and forth about it. Do know, I very much respect your opinion though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We won 4 games. Tua and Herbert have both made the playoffs in their careers. And Tua beat us so bad they practically stopped trying to score. 

Who didn’t this year? And where were they against good teams? Beating us and bad teams is what you’re supposed to do. But how good are they gonna be when they’re paying Tua hill Chubb and everyone else and they have to restock the roster with his deal and they already aren’t winning big games? It’s like being mediocrely good. Are we trying to be picking in the 20’s or the 30’s?

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

We'll see I guess. 

That’s what I’m saying. And even Lawrence isn’t something special on the field. When you have a cluster of QB’s and your pushing them all up because their being over valued like they are in almost every class because the premium of the position and not actually rock solid it’s a recipe for disaster. 

• Like 1

Drake Maye and Caleb Williams have been QBs 1 and 2 for two years now. Suggesting Maye has been artificially pushed the top of the draft is absurd. Jayden Daniels play pushed him up there too. 

I just don’t get it. I have no clue what kind of QB class you’re waiting for if this one isn’t good enough? We have sucked for 30 years and have still never managed in that span to end up with the first pick. It took a gift from the football gods to end up with this pick. If they do anything besides take a QB, short of being offered something insane in a trade, it will be a mistake. 

22 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s what I’m saying. And even Lawrence isn’t something special on the field. When you have a cluster of QB’s and your pushing them all up because their being over valued like they are in almost every class because the premium of the position and not actually rock solid it’s a recipe for disaster. 

What blows my mind is you were all in on Kellen freaking Mond and you don’t want Maye or Daniels 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What blows my mind is you were all in on Kellen freaking Mond and you don’t want Maye or Daniels 

I liked the value he presented for the round he would go and the skillset he had. I also liked Fields and Lance. I acknowledge I’m not always right. Because no scout is. But I said that Trevor isn’t this head and shoulders number one. And Jacksonville has a pretty talented roster and they’re struggling. And their struggling with high value edges a high production RB and a diverse cast of weapons. And that’s with a top pick.

Then we don’t have to get into Wilson but he’s been exactly what I said my concerns were. I said I loved Lances skillset which is freakish but he can’t stay on the field and he needed time to sit and learn and he hasn’t had a chance to develop without being forced in due to where he went compared to where he should have gone so he could have sat. Mac Jones is what we thought he was and then Fields was drafted into a no win situation and that is the player we should have moved up for. I did love Monds potential and it was a very low risk high reward because I said I’d take him mid 2 and sit him. He didn’t pan out. But to date neither has anyone ahead of him outside of fields and Lawerence. But Fields is about to be moved and Lawerence isn’t anywhere close to what anyone else was saying he was and that’s what I was trying to say. It isn’t that I said Mond should be ahead of those guys. It’s that I said he’ll if you can take him later his skillset isn’t so far off of the people being over drafted ahead of him that it was worth a flier if we had to take one.

And that’s what I’m saying about this class. Caleb has amazing talent!!! But there are a few real huge concerns where will the man sour a locker room where his ability doesn’t flourish. And not hating on Maye because he has put a ton of good on film!! But he hasn’t won. So he would have to learn that. Can he? Sure!! Will he? Depends on the way he gels with the team that selects him. Jayden if it wasn’t for the fact he doesn’t protect himself in the open field and was younger he’d be an unquestioned 1. Personally I really really really like JJ McCarthy!!! I think he is a team first guy who will and can do whatever is needed to win. Unselfish and can do elite things. Just was rarely ever asked too because the way Michigan plays. But again we’re so caught up in chasing other teams trying to find what they have as fans that I think the truth is we have to stay true to our staffs vision and build the team they want to win. I think JJ is a winner. And he has the skillset. Are there questions? Heck yeah. But I value guys that know how to win. It’s why I liked Stroud and Fields. I watched both elevate their play to win big games. JJ has elevated even if it was only makeing 2 or 3 plays his team needed but he is the only one in this class I’ve seen do that and that’s why that’s the guy I’d take since Penix just has too many injury concerns

I do like Daniels and of the 3 since Caleb is going one I’d bank on him because he’s electric. But again I just think if I had to take any because the questions I’d take the winner over them all because I’ve been a big JJ fan watching him. And I could be wrong I don’t pretend to know but if I had to bet that’s the guy I’d bet on in this whole class.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1