The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

16 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

What im most excited qbout this staff is they always tend to value the skillsets i prioritize at CB. So im very excited for what this back end can become by year 3 of this group. Hips hands and foot speed and staying level in your breaks. Trent McDuffie was the poster child ofbthese skills together and why i said hes a future all pro. I love Toledos CB hes a game changing talent as well

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

What im most excited qbout this staff is they always tend to value the skillsets i prioritize at CB. So im very excited for what this back end can become by year 3 of this group

They value guys who go out and make plays being aggressive as opposed to sitting back and waiting. It can hurt you being too aggressive but I think if you have the system that allows that initiative while limiting the big plays against you. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

They value guys who go out and make plays being aggressive as opposed to sitting back and waiting. It can hurt you being too aggressive but I think if you have the system that allows that initiative while limiting the big plays against you. 

Thats why my favoritw CB is Sanrastril hes a absolute stud. As ive gotten older i value the nickle more then most. Because likeTE only afewteams have true difference makers at those spots and the ones that do usuqlly play at a different level then the fray of good to great level

I think Daniels maybe expedites the rebuild process idea in the eyes of the fans because he’s so dynamic but I think that’s super risky. I could see Daniels getting a good amount of rookie of the year love

Caleb Williams was at the USC Women’s Basketball Tournament. I’ll just say this guy is a character wearing lip gloss looked like lipstick with a pink phone case and nails. I thought black fingernail polish was different. 

39 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

I think Daniels maybe expedites the rebuild process idea in the eyes of the fans because he’s so dynamic but I think that’s super risky. I could see Daniels getting a good amount of rookie of the year love

What worrys me about daniels is the sack rate to pressure rate. I college it is one thing but if he cant shed defenders at the top of his drops he might look like Sam Howell and he isnt going to hold up taking the percentage of hit Sam took and i think its the most alarming number for any of these prospects outside of Nix gping round 1 thats very alarming too me lol.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Caleb Williams was at the USC Women’s Basketball Tournament. I’ll just say this guy is a character wearing lip gloss looked like lipstick with a pink phone case and nails. I thought black fingernail polish was different. 

Honestly i know weve said were always one away and knock me for loving JJ ill own it. But  Williams could be the first QB to fail and it not be due to how HE Individually plays. And its crazy. Its none of my business which is why i never comment on these things but to give a scouts take thats really the only way for me too put it. But we live in a different time men with money wear dresses on the reg in the NBA and Women are catching up just as quickly in their Basketball so that could be the first professional sport to play both men and women together in the futur i wouldnt be suprised

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Honestly i know weve said were always one away and knock me for loving JJ ill own it. But  Williams could be the first QB to fail and it not be due to how HE Individually plays. And its crazy. Its none of my business which is why i never comment on these things but to give a scouts take thats really the only way for me too put it. But we live in a different time men with money wear dresses on the reg in the NBA and Women are catching up just as quickly in their Basketball so that could be the first professional sport to play both men and women together in the futur i wouldnt be suprised

If teams want to win (they do), they won’t care that he wears nail polish or dresses. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If teams want to win (they do), they won’t care that he wears nail polish or dresses. 

Personally idc either. But there is a lot more to playing QB then just talent as we all know and especially have seen here over the years. Yes winning cures all ills but if you aren’t winning problems magnify if they are behind the scenes issues. We’ve all seen teams quit blocking for talented QB’s

Edited by ripsean21

I know QB has dominated this thread for years now. But that’s said we have picks and the Giants have loaded up and we play Dallas and Philly who have top level trenches on defense as well. Who do you guys think realistically are targets either for a round one move up or our first second round pick at OT?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I know QB has dominated this thread for years now. But that’s said we have picks and the Giants have loaded up and we play Dallas and Philly who have top level trenches on defense as well. Who do you guys think realistically are targets either for a round one move up or our first second round pick at OT?

Troy Fautanu, Amarius Mims & Tyler Guyton are the first round trade up targets I think. The later two being projects as they both play RT. 

Graham Barton could also be a trade up target he's a reach to play LT imo. Graham has short arms and projects more to IOL. 

Sticking in Round 2, there are less options: Jordan Morgan (Short arms, questionable to be an OT), Kingsley Suma (could play either LT or RT) or OT Chris Paul. I think its too early for Kiran Amegadjie but who knows. He could be a late riser. 

Edited by taylor made
  • Like 1

Updated odds at Draftkings:

-125 Jayden Daniels

+150 Drake Maye

+275 JJ McCarthy

Where there's smoke, there's fire. This doesn't seem like a 2 man race anymore. JJ McCarthy plays the most like Brock Purdy/Jimmy Garopolo so it would make sense for Peters to potentially prefer him. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Troy Fautanu, Amarius Mims & Tyler Guyton are the first round trade up targets I think. The later two being projects as they both play RT. 

Graham Barton could also be a trade up target he's a reach to play LT imo. Graham has short arms and projects more to IOL. 

Sticking in Round 2, there are less options: Jordan Morgan (Short arms, questionable to be an OT), Kingsley Suma (could play either LT or RT) or OT Chris Paul. I think its too early for Kiran Amegadjie but who knows. He could be a late riser. 

I’m high on Kingsley but god I wish he played with the tenacity his size offers. If he learns to unlock the nasty he’s flashed this guy could be the best OT in the class. But it’s been so few times I worry he just has this freak build and movement without the nastyness to turn up consistently. I also like Paul as well he has the nastyness he just needs refinement on how to keep his balance. He has all the tools but he extends and when guys are faster then him that lean gets him into trouble

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m high on Kingsley but god I wish he played with the tenacity his size offers. If he learns to unlock the nasty he’s flashed this guy could be the best OT in the class. But it’s been so few times I worry he just has this freak build and movement without the nastyness to turn up consistently 

Yeah, I think he looks good on tape size-wise and movement wise. But the level of competition is a question mark. I would not hate him as a draft pick but he's got some questions for sure. 

• Like 1