The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I feel like there’s more to that than this video let on lol. 

I feel like that too... and I am still looking, but it was too good not to share.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Very interesting quote. Slip of the tongue? Inside information? I have a feeling we wouldn't be THAT transparent, but who knows. 

That said Brian Kelly is a fool if he did release "privy information" like that trying to tout his former QB. 

I'm saying it.

Take Maye.

What I am seeing that is off is much more coachable, having the prototypical size and build, he's throwing on the run in this workout and Jayden didn't do that yesterday. In fact, lots of times Jayden got to sit there.

Take Maye.

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I feel like that too... and I am still looking, but it was too good not to share.

Okay. Now it makes sense. It was Chick Hernandez doing the interview. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

His arm is insane. I just don’t see how you can take Daniels over him? It makes no sense to me at all. 

I'll have to look at his Pro Day throws like I did Daniels. 

I'm trying to ignore social media posts and make my own judgement. Reports are a solid yet not spectacular showing? Did you watch it?

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'll have to look at his Pro Day throws like I did Daniels. 

I'm trying to ignore social media posts and make my own judgement. Reports are a solid yet not spectacular showing? Did you watch it?

Some high but he was moving around a ton. Not sitting stationary. Throwing off schedule against simulated pressure. He threw a pass on the run 60 yards down the field perfectly. His arm is incredible. He does have some accuracy issues but he’s young and can be fixed. He’s a Josh Allen/Justin Herbert type. Big with a great arm. 

54 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Mac Jones had the slim reaper and Waddle. I’ll say this again and again; name one 1st round weapon JJ had compared to all the other system QB’s.

Right, I would agree that the Michigan skill position talent doesn’t measure up to those groups. But the difference between the two is that Mac Jones has the highest career Y/A (11.0) and second-highest career pass efficiency rating (197, just behind Tua) — and JJ’s numbers, even from an efficiency standpoint, are just “good.” 

But again, I agree with you, it wouldn’t be fair to expect JJ’s numbers to keep up with the stupid production that Mac/Tua were able to put up with that arsenal of receivers.

If we’re looking for an Alabama comp, I actually think the closest one is the Bama version of Jalen Hurts. I considered Greg McElroy, but JJ clearly has more physical talent. Hurts, though, was the QB for that stable of great RBs (Harris, Scarborough, and Jacobs), which aligns more closely with Michigan’s superpower. Pretty similar pass/run ratio for that 2016 Bama team and the 2023 Michigan team. Obviously, you’re not going to build your run game around JJ, like Bama and the Eagles have done — but I think that’s the closest comp there. 

Would have been interesting to see JJ do what Hurts did, by transferring to a pass-heavy offense. That really showed that Hurts was capable of being at the center of a pass-heavy offense, and I think it took him from late-round flyer to where he actually ended up. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Some high but he was moving around a ton. Not sitting stationary. Throwing off schedule against simulated pressure. He threw a pass on the run 60 yards down the field perfectly. His arm is incredible. He does have some accuracy issues but he’s young and can be fixed. He’s a Josh Allen/Justin Herbert type. Big with a great arm. 

The throwing high is his feet. But he compacted his throwing motion which says he’s working and good for him. He will be a lot more accurate when his feet are in sync with his body and that will come with time

• Like 2