The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Did someone say "Draft Prop Bet"?

You have my attention now.

BTW - I'm gonna be bringing back the draft game for this year in the next few days. Just as soon as my daughter's musical is finished this Sunday, I'll get the thing started.

I can help you with ideas for it if you want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

He also almost never gets sacked. 

Yeah, even if he has pressure he manipulates the pocket at an elite level IMO and he knows where all his outlets are on the field so he gets the ball out. Also, considering his ACL injuries happened while scrambling I believe, he isn't reckless with scrambling anymore, he definitely still does it but he runs out of bounds or slides way before taking a hit. His football IQ is off the charts, that's why my comp for him is a left handed Warren Moon.

Edited by turtle28

Penix is a stud, throws with the best anticipation in the draft class. As it relates to the injuries, has there been any empirical analysis to determine if past injuries predict future injuries? Are the correlated or freak accidents?

Just now, Troublez said:

Penix is a stud, throws with the best anticipation in the draft class. As it relates to the injuries, has there been any empirical analysis to determine if past injuries predict future injuries? Are the correlated or freak accidents?

It comes down to "Would you want to take that chance" and I think its a fair question

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I was going to go with Brunnell but IMO Penix is more accurate.

Different eras, but I get it 

1 hour ago, TOUCAN said:

Yeahhh his team won the offensive line trophy for a reason. The only time I saw him really get shook was against Michigan. They were relentless.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

He also almost never gets sacked. 

Low key Roger "Ray" Rosengarten would be a solid pick up. He did protect Penix's blindside because he is a lefty QB, but guy is solid and tested well at the combine. 

Edited by Slappy Mc

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Different eras, but I get it 

I've seen Penix make some throws that literally are like, wait what? His anticipation & timing on where his WR will get to is elite. Like he’ll throw to a spot way before the WR gets out of his break and the WR gets there & the DB has no clue what going on. 😂 

There’s this TD pass he has to Rome I think where he throws it to the sideline in the endzone before Rome is breaking and it just drops in the bucket low and away to where the CB has no chance, it's like he was a pitcher and threw a sinker. I'll try to find it.

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Low key Ray Rosengarten would be a solid pick up. He didn't protect Penix's blindside because he is a lefty QB, but guy is solid and tested well at the combine. 

This is a great point, he actually DID protect Penix’s blind side bc Penix is a lefty and Ros was at RT. I've seen him mocked in the mid rounds, I’d take him with one of those mid-round picks, maybe he can make Wylie expendable by outperforming him in camp…

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 3

This game is a really nice watch on Graham Barton. He really does lack the length to consistently control elite guys like Verse, but good god he battles his *** off.

There’s one early on where Verse goes speed-to-power (his Fatality move) and Barton just stones it. If you’ve watched a lot of Verse, that usually buries most OTs, but no such luck with Barton. Exceptional core strength, it looks like. Verse does get him later with it, but then the run play at 5:36 is a nice glimpse of what you might get out of Barton as a guard.

If we stay at 36, he’s probably at the top of my list of (somewhat?) realistic targets there. In the mix with the two Robinsons, Jordan Morgan, Ladd McConkey, Kool-Aid McKinstry.

Edited by e16bball