The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

43 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I love Curl. But yeah, I'm not breaking the bank for him, even if we do have $90M to spend. He's a hole we don't need to fill so a small overpay I won't mind (since we'll probably have to keep overpaying). But if he wants top Safety $$$ ? I'm gonna have to think long and hard about that.

4 years/32m seems reasonable and not an overpay. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ok. The highest I would go is 4/40m. He’s a good player but not elite. 

Undoubtedly his value/contract demands have gone up during this season, even with the poor defensive unit as a whole. One of the big things for him has he has stayed healthy and played relatively well all season. If we were going to get him on a value deal, it happens before the season, not after. 

I expect we tag him and negotiate a LTD before the deadline. His price tag will be higher than some like, but I don't think we should create another need by penny pinching a solid player during a transition time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Only thing I don't like is how skinny he is and how he's basically had one year of great production. Not sure if he's Kenny Pickett or Joe Burrow

Honestly, last year was pretty solid. But yeah, it was a Burrow like jump. But he's neither in that sense. He's Lamar Jackson or RGIII. 

23 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Unpopular opinion, I don't think there is a "great" QB prospect in this draft. None of these guys jump out at me as franchise cornerstones or can't miss guys. 

I think taking a QB in this draft would hurt our future more than help it. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

I'm just saying I think the class will be remembered as more of a 2010 draft class instead of a 2004 draft class. 

I think we need to build through the trenches, but I would understand if the new regime wants "their QB". 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I still love the idea of taking a QB at some point at LEAST every other year. Doesn't have to be early. Always trying to develop someone.

Slovis, Hartman, etc.

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I still love the idea of taking a QB at some point at LEAST every other year. Doesn't have to be early. Always trying to develop someone.

Slovis, Hartman, etc.

Yep, Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant- Gotta take a swing at the most important position .

51 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Slovis, Hartman, etc.

I meant with our first round pick. It may seem stupid but I really think there is something there with Sam. I think with a stable coaching situation and an OL that can block he'll really blossom but who knows