The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Cosmi is a lost cause? He's been pretty good this year hasn't he?

He's allowed just 1 sack season & has only 3 penalties in his first year starting at guard.

He seems really weak as a run blocker which is a major responsibility for a Guard. He struggled at pass protection as a tackle. The guy just doesn’t seem to be strong enough to be an nfl starter. 

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He seems really weak as a run blocker which is a major responsibility for a Guard. He struggled at pass protection as a tackle. The guy just doesn’t seem to be strong enough to be an nfl starter. 

Hopefully he can get stronger bc I’d really like to lock down at least one OL position for next year. At worst I think he’s the starting RG for at least next year again. Very unlikely we’ll have 4 or 5 new starters on the OL just in 1 offseason.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Just keep focusing on the following and it'll get you through this dumpster fire of a season:

2024:

1. A new GM
  2. A new Coach
  3. A bunch of high draft picks
  4. And $90M to spend on free agents

I was about to say we can all sit here and name a million great players coaches we’ve had those things. It starts with 1. Find a GM and get a team around him. Master cap guy and a really good manager of business. These things are the start. We need an excellent staff. And that trumps all. We will make great picks. We can spend and do it wisely. But it all starts up top. We got rid of Snyder before this season so the biggest domino fell before the season. After the season we should be hearing about the biggest hires going forward. Once the GM is in place then we get to number 2. Until number 1 it’s hard to mock names when there’s been no medical checks and senior bowl and interviews. So right now it’s about filling the most important chairs too this organizations future

• Like 3

Latest PFF Mock Draft from the simulator

A.

Round 1: Fashanu OT

Round 2: Chris Braswell DE 

Round 2: Xavier Worthy WR

Round 3: Kingsley Suamataia

Round 3: Sedrick Van Pran

B

Round 1: Brock Bowers TE

Round 2: Graham Barton

Round 2: Chris Braswell

Round 3: Cooper Beebe

PFN Mock Draft Simulator just for the laughs

Round 1: Drake Maye

Round 2: Kingsley Suamataia

Round 2: Xavier Worthy

Round 3: J.T. Tuimoloau

Round 3: T'Vondre Sweat

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I love Kam Curl. I hope they pay him and we keep him long term but my lord his dad is annoying. 

In a sense I am glad that we didn’t do it.  Let the new regime decide.  I think that was the first thing told to Rivera when Harris took over- can’t extend contracts.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I love Kam Curl. I hope they pay him and we keep him long term but my lord his dad is annoying. 

Oh no! Another annoying dad? Oh wait is he the one who said something about Curl looking for $20 mil a year last offseason?

Yeah, that isn’t happening. Curl is a really good SS/BN/WLB but he doesn’t make a lot of game changing plays. We need to keep him bc he shut down TEs in coverage and plays solid run D despite being undersized but, in no way should his per year avg be approaching $20 mil a year. 

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Latest PFF Mock Draft from the simulator

A.

Round 1: Fashanu OT

Round 2: Chris Braswell DE 

Round 2: Xavier Worthy WR

Round 3: Sedrick Van Pran

B

Round 1: Brock Bowers TE

Round 2: Graham Barton

Round 2: Chris Braswell

Round 3: Cooper Beebe

PFN Mock Draft Simulator just for the laughs

Round 1: Drake Maye

Round 2: Kingsley Suamataia

Round 2: Xavier Worthy

Round 3: J.T. Tuimoloau

Round 3: T'Vondre Sweat

It’s a really tough decision for me, but I’m going with B. Starting & game changing TE for Howell to throw to in Bowers. Likely a starting RT in R2 while we retain Leno for one more year as our starting LT. Starting DE with either Henry starting opposite Braswell or a FA. Bebe is a starting RG day 1 IMO. I think he goes R2, but if we could get him in the 3rd, that’d be awesome. Then, another OT in Kingsley Suamataia who may even play guard as well. Who knows maybe he beats out Cosmi and then Cosmi/Barton compete to be the starting RT. Overall, 3 huge upgrades to the OL, a good DE prospect to go with Henry & Andre Jones and obviously Bowers. It’s hard not to love that draft.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh no! Another annoying dad? Oh wait is he the one who said something about Curl looking for $20 mil a year last offseason?

Yeah, that isn’t happening. Curl is a really good SS/BN/WLB but he doesn’t make a lot of game changing plays. We need to keep him bc he shut down TEs in coverage and plays solid run D despite being undersized but, in no way should his per year avg be approaching $20 mil a year. 

Amongst many other things. He is extremely annoying. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

After over a decade of not being able to control TEs, I’ll pay a little more than the going rate to keep someone who does well at that part of the game.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

After over a decade of not being able to control TEs, I’ll pay a little more than the going rate to keep someone who does well at that part of the game.  

I'm paying Curl. I just hate that his dad is so annoying lol

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As will I but $20 mil per year is too much. I don’t think he gets offered anything close to that per year. Most Linebackers & SS’s get paid like RBs. I see something around $10 mil per year.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Curl seems like a middle of the road guy to me. Not a game changer. I don't care what happens to him frankly. stay at a reasonable price, whatever that may be . or walk .

I love Curl. But yeah, I'm not breaking the bank for him, even if we do have $90M to spend. He's a hole we don't need to fill so a small overpay I won't mind (since we'll probably have to keep overpaying). But if he wants top Safety $$$ ? I'm gonna have to think long and hard about that.