The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

For me, If we have the 4th pick Fashanu would be my choice, I know shocker if you read my posts. His ceiling is high, and I’m hoping he turns out to be an outstanding LT. He’s involved in almost every play and the most important position to a Right handed QB. I feel he’s the best LT in the draft and you hope that’s true but the draft isn’t an exact science. 
Build through the trenches. 

30 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm on the opposite side of this. I think if we don't address the O-line early and often, I will be pretty upset. I was beating the table last draft for TEs and O-Line help. It will be the same thing this draft. Lots of talent out there, but there is top tier talent and we have a chance to get them. I would take either Alt or Fashanu with no hesitation or regrets. I think Bowers will be in the top 8, but I'm not sure I take him over our needs at OT. Our offensive line is atrocious. 

This class is loaded with OL. I won't complain if they take Fashanu at 4 but if they do it passing on Marvin Harrison Jr than its basically no different from what Rivera has been doing. At least in my opinion. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This class is loaded with OL. I won't complain if they take Fashanu at 4 but if they do it passing on Marvin Harrison Jr than its basically no different from what Rivera has been doing. At least in my opinion. 

Do you feel that strongly that Harrison Jr is going to be can't-miss? I know that he is talented and we need a 1A receiver, but we have a decent WR core and a terrible O-Line. 

I just feel that need and talent have been our top priority with the top pick. (Even if that means going QB, which I would rather not do as well)

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Do you feel that strongly that Harrison Jr is going to be can't-miss? I know that he is talented and we need a 1A receiver, but we have a decent WR core and a terrible O-Line. 

As we've learned, that truly doesn't exist. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

As we've learned, that truly doesn't exist. 

No, but passing on the best available player when you don’t have a true All-Pro at the position doesn’t make much sense either.

Terry is going to be 30. At most he has 5 more years of similar to play to what he’s giving us which is bottom of the pro bowl level type WR play.

36 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I just feel that need and talent have been our top priority with the top pick. (Even if that means going QB, which I would rather not do as well)

I think it depends on FA. To me, I know it sounds crazy but I’d actually like to end up 4th or 5th so it makes the decision to go with Fashanu or Alt much easier.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I know people are getting pumped about a premium prospect but we will likely be in prime trade down territory. 

I think we would have to be offered a good amount to consider a trade down. There is good top end talent at positions of need. Much like the Sweat trade, it has to be an offer we can't refuse. 

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think it depends on FA. To me, I know it sounds crazy but I’d actually like to end up 4th or 5th so it makes the decision to go with Fashanu or Alt much easier.

If Arizona or NE wins again we could be looking top 3. Right now only Arizona winning would change our position as they have a stronger SoS, but who knows by years end where either will be. 

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Or possibly trade up if the new GM isn’t sold on SH. 

I think that is extremely unlikely and it has nothing to do with Sam Howell or the QBs in this class. The new owner seems to want an analytics based approach and having more draft picks is basically the #1 thing you can do to boost your drafting success. 

47 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Last 4 games Rams, Jets, 49ers and Dallas. 
Rams and Jets I believe will play hard but I just hope SF and Dallas have something to play for. 

Dallas is gunning for the NFC East crown. They will decimate us. 

SF will be the Chase Young revenge game, so expect them to put 40+ on us. 

The Rams and Jets games are a bit tough to predict. They aren't really good teams, but they should still beat us. 4-13 and a swift house cleaning would be a welcome new year resolution.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think that is extremely unlikely and it has nothing to do with Sam Howell or the QBs in this class. The new owner seems to want an analytics based approach and having more draft picks is basically the #1 thing you can do to boost your drafting success. 

I definitely agree if they go heavy analytical that a trade down is more likely. It all depends on what they do at GM then at HC. I actually really hope that they go the analytic route since the NFL is turning that corner. This is also one of the reasons, I don't want a retread HC or someone stuck in the 20th century. 

We have so many needs on this roster that the more selections we have, the more shots we get to get an impact player(s).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, but passing on the best available player when you don’t have a true All-Pro at the position doesn’t make much sense either.

I'm not saying we pass on an All-Pro player. I'm just saying we didn't do that before, but it didn't work out because he wasn't truly an All-Pro. It happens.