The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Who knew a former linebacker would be so adverse to drafting an actual middle linebacker?  

Kinda ironic too that our OC, who was a former RB, refused to run the ball.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We can shake our head or roll our eyes to 95% of how this team was run and coached. 

New beginnings! Let's hope that the "right" head coach is selected by the new GM. We are well on our way towards competency again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I want absolutely zero part of Williams.  

The sad part is, if Caleb doesn’t commit to the draft, then that puts the onus on teams to move up for Maye.  Which could leave us in a precarious position. 

Yeah, I NEED him to come out this year so teams grab him at #1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Imagine if we had drafted JOK like a bunch of us fans wanted to... 

I think Nick Bolton was more the miss, and I don’t remember anyone saying Bolton should go R1. Of course most of us didn’t have Jamin going round 1 either. 

I say Nick Bolton bc MIKE LB has been arguably the weakest part of our D since Ron was hired. 

You get a good to great Mike & it makes your D consistently good to great.

• Like 1

If we take a QB at 2, there will be no OT’s worth taking in the 2nd rd since probably atleast 6 will go in the 1st. There’s quality OG to take and for me the highest ranking C in CJ Jackson. Like we’ve said you can’t get everything you need in 1 draft. We roll with the OT’s we have, FA is also a possibility or trade back into Rd1. 
Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If we take a QB at 2, there will be no OT’s worth taking in the 2nd rd since probably atleast 6 will go in the 1st. There’s quality OG to take and for me the highest ranking C in CJ Jackson. Like we’ve said you can’t get everything you need in 1 draft. We roll with the OT’s we have, FA is also a possibility or trade back into Rd1. 

It’s certainly someone’s opinion. Highly unlikely 6 OTs go in R1 IMO. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This a tough one. I don’t want to pass on Caleb or Maybe but this haul is hard to pass on and we could still take Daniels at 3.

It’s a wonderful trade that’s stupid and the Patriots would never offer. At the same time I just watched CJ Stroud gut the best defense in football and I want that. There’s a chance Maye or Williams represents that and I think I want to give it the ole college try. You’re nothing in this league without a QB. We have to go for it. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s a wonderful trade that’s stupid and the Patriots would never offer. At the same time I just watched CJ Stroud gut the best defense in football and I want that. There’s a chance Maye or Williams represents that and I think I want to give it the ole college try. You’re nothing in this league without a QB. We have to go for it. 

True but there’s also a chance Daniels does even though I agree it’s less of a chance than Caleb or Maye being as good as Stroud.

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s certainly someone’s opinion. Highly unlikely 6 OTs go in R1 IMO. 

CBS, SI, Walter, Tankathon all have 8 OT going 1st round 

Fox has 6 OT going in the 1st rd

These are just a few who don’t feel the same way you do.