The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I think I'd be incredibly disappointed if we traded off of Maye or Williams and still picked a QB. 

I get that and the evaluations of these QBs will be everything 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We would trade down for this question. 
Do you think Bo Nix or JJ McCarthy can run Ben Johnson’s offense equal or better than Goff?

No to JJ. I do not think he will be a successful NFL QB. 

• Like 1

Caleb Williams just declared for the draft.  

I think you have to stay at 2 if your plan is QB right now.  If you want to continue to build the team and see what you have in Howell while you do an organizational reset before you bring in the QB, you trade down for a haul of picks.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Caleb Williams just declared for the draft.  

I think you have to stay at 2 if your plan is QB right now.  If you want to continue to build the team and see what you have in Howell while you do an organizational reset before you bring in the QB, you trade down for a haul of picks.  

Yep. Take whoever is left between Williams and Maye and rock and roll. You've got plenty of cap and picks to start to put talent around them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It's true but one caveat is that Daniels did it vs SEC defenses while the PAC 12 defenses were average at best. We can't forget that Bo Nix was average at best in the SEC with Auburn but a Heisman candidate in the PAC 12.

77%, 4500 yds, 40 tds & just 3 ints at Oregon in 14 games

61%, 2300 yds, 11 TDs & 3 ints in 10 games as a junior at Auburn before transferring to Oregon.

I mean, Jayden Daniels didn’t tear those PAC-12 defenses up when he was with ASU

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Dude the offense wasn't very good, he wasn't in an offense like Brian Kelly’s

He still had 29 starts and was a junior at ASU. I don’t see how that’s raw? 

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I feel no sympathy.  

By all accounts Caleb's family has played a big hand in engineering this hype.

IMO if you want to be paid like a 1st round NFL draft pick, it damn well should come with a lot of pressure.  Even if you are an UDFA or on a vet minimum contract, performing well and winning championship football goes along with pressure.

Still the expectations are unrealistic. I'm not buying into the media’s hype that he's one of the best QB prospects in NFL history. I'm staying in the lane or he's the best QB prospect in this draft.

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He still had 29 starts and was a junior at ASU. I don’t see how that’s raw? 

I've answered this. The offensive coaching was not good. They didn't have great playmakers but Brandon Aiyuk in 2019 when Daniels was a freshman. 

Daniels comes to LSU gets better coaching & then in his 2nd season has a historic season under Brian Kelly & others tuteledge.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

"One of the three greatest prospects of all-time" is absolutely ridiculous lol. 

Thats right one of the greatest all time. Lol Yeap that was a stretch I agree. Was kind of funny wasn't it.

21 minutes ago, 4209 said:

I would even for Williams. How about you Maye suppporters

If the Pats are doing that move they’re doing it to take Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels bc they like one of the prospects over the other. If I’m the C’s I stand Pat & take the one you want.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1