Week 3 GDT: Raiders vs. Steelers - Waitin' all day for a Sunday Night

big_palooka

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think the Saints would want him. Can't think of many teams that would 

As I’ve said many times…. No other team was going to give Jimmy G “starting QB” money.  
Last season the 49ers sent him home from TC and we’re about to cut him when he agreed to take 7M plus some minor incentives.  The guy got hurt after something like 10 games. 

if we signed him for 1yr at 7M plus in incentives instead of 2 years guaranteed at 24M per (and taken the remaining 17m and gotten a decent RG and spent on defense) then I could live with Jimmy G’s play.  

But we’re facing a 28M cap hit if we move on from him after this year.  We’ll also have 2.8M in dead cap if we cut Hoyer next offseason.  Why we’d guarantee TWO seasons for him is idiotic.  I get it’s a small amount in terms of the entire cap, but it’s such a bad business move and unnecessary.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

last year it was Carr this year was Jimmy G. What about the playcalling, the decision making and of course... the defense?

Both years guys are running wide open and both QBs are missing them. Yea we can blame coaching but it comes down to the guy who has the ball in his hands 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Big P your boys have failed us

I'll always be glass half full. But that was as pathetic a coaching perfomance I've seen in years. No urgency for 60 minutes. Poor execution. Kicking a FG down 8 on the 8 yard line. 

You can't have the 3rd highest paid offense and average 15 per game. Team looked completely unready for a home opener.

Next week will be interesting. Kind of feels like the last stand for the coaches. They either come out ready, amped up and go hard against the Chargers. Or the come out flat and get blasted and we know they are done fighting for this group.  

• Like 2