Week 3 GDT: Raiders vs. Steelers - Waitin' all day for a Sunday Night

big_palooka

AS-Raiders-Match-Up-Header_800x500_WK-3_

After a week of "the sky is falling" talk, it's time for redemption......

+ Can the Raiders get the offense clicking after the first series?

+ Will Hunter Renfrow be involved in the game plan?

+ Can Jimmy G push the ball downfield to open the offense up?

+ Can Jacobs knock off the rust against a beatable defense?

+ Can the Oline open lanes and hold off a premier pass rusher in TJ Watt?

+ Will the defense be a get right game for Pickett?

+ Can they win the LOS on defense and apply pressure?

+ Will the defense create any turnover?

F6QGlB8XkAAQ2r1?format=webp&name=medium

Let's get that W...... Just win baby! 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

+ Jimmy G - 250 passing yards - Over

+ Renfrow - 3 catches - Push

+ Jacobs - 110 yards rushing - Under

+ 40+ yard plays - 2 - Under

+ Defense - 3 sacks - Over

+ Pickett - 62% completion rate - Under

+ Defense - 1 turnover - Push

+ 20 points scored - Over

Bonus:

+ Carr is mentioned in this thread 8 times - Over 

Let's do an over/under:

+ Jimmy G - 250 passing yards  -  over

+ Renfrow - 3 catches  -  over

+ Jacobs - 110 yards rushing  -  under

+ 40+ yard plays - 2  -  under

+ Defense - 3 sacks   -  under

+ Pickett - 62% completion rate  -  over

+ Defense - 1 turnover   -  under

+ 20 points scored   -  over

Bonus:

+ Carr is mentioned in this thread 8 times   -  OVER

This is a very winnable game for the Raiders. Steelers coming off a short week. Playing a very physical game. Have to come out and play some clean football. 

Next 7 games are vs teams that are just not as good as we thought. Have to start a winning streak to stack wins if they want to make a run at the playoffs and it starts this Sunday. Have to find a way to come out of this stretch 5-2. 

• Like 1

Jimmy G - 250 passing yards - over

+ Renfrow - 3 catches - over

+ Jacobs - 110 yards rushing - under

+ 40+ yard plays - 2 - under

+ Defense - 3 sacks - under

+ Pickett - 62% completion rate - over

+ Defense - 1 turnover - under

+ 20 points scored - over

Bonus:

+ Carr is mentioned in this thread 8 times - over

We simply must stretch the field a little on offence. For those quoting the Steelers run defence yards, they’ve probably not been able to stack the box like they may be able to against us, makes it a completely different game.

I want to see playaction early and a couple deep shots early, even if they are not catchable balls let’s just get the safeties backing up a bit. Defence has to start somewhere and Kenny Pickett is a good place. Was all the talk about making impact plays in pre season just hot air yet again, or is our D going to back it up with something tangible?

I want to see Koonce in the game more and more Michael Meyer and Renfrow. Hunter was open last week but Garoppolo just didn’t go to him. I really want to see someone else other than Crosby generate some pressure too. A young, struggling QB with confidence issues should be just what the doctor ordered for our secondary but we’ve seen so many times how we then give them an easy ride and they tear us apart, that simply can’t happen. 

It’s close to a must win game if we genuinely want to improve our record this year. Game three and we should be knocking the rust off by now and start resembling a well organised team.

Sadly I see Pickett having a good day with little pressure and their D disrupting our O, Steelers 24 - Raiders 20

Edited by Darbsk

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

We simply must stretch the field a little on offence. For those quoting the Steelers run defence yards, they’ve probably not been able to stack the box like they may be able to against us, makes it a completely different game.

I want to see playaction early and a couple deep shots early, even if they are not catchable balls let’s just get the safeties backing up a bit. Defence has to start somewhere and Kenny Pickett is a good place. Was all the talk about making impact plays in pre season just hot air yet again, or is our D going to back it up with something tangible?

I want to see Koonce in the game more and more Michael Meyer and Renfrow. Hunter was open last week but Garoppolo just didn’t go to him. I really want to see someone else other than Crosby generate some pressure too. A young, struggling QB with confidence issues should be just what the doctor ordered for our secondary but we’ve seen so many times how we then give them an easy ride and they tear us apart, that simply can’t happen. 

It’s close to a must win game if we genuinely want to improve our record this year. Game three and we should be knocking the rust off by now and start resembling a well organised team.

Sadly I see Pickett having a good day with little pressure and their D disrupting our O, Steelers 24 - Raiders 20

where are all the creative blitz package to confuse the QB. It seems out defense is just weak zone coverages, with the hope our front 4 can get to the QB. Teams just double Maxx and no one else can make a play. QB are cozy and just pick up the defense 

• Like 1