Week 3 GDT: Raiders vs. Steelers - Waitin' all day for a Sunday Night

big_palooka

47 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

True, and he does need to develop further but from what I saw in pre season he showed much more technique, leverage and nous than say, Wilson and Wilson is starting and Silvera isn’t even rotating in.

Now, obviously I don’t think Wilson was intended to start as Jones was and obviously Silvera showed up against backups only in pre season but I’d say from what I’ve seen on the field Silvera is way ahead of Wilson in terms of technique, knowledge and much more likely to have a positive impact. 

No argument there. And you really can't make an argument against him rotating in over Jenkins, Butler, Tillery or Nichols who were pushed around last week. 

They better just start Koonce. It supposed to be next man up and they do this crazy crap with Tillery. Just start Koonce and rotate in some Wilson. If Wilson starts to show improvement over Koonce then you make the decision to switch it and start Wilson rotate in Koonce. These guys work all training camp make the team but then you play Tillery over Koonce at his position smh. 

Trade Renfrow for a decent DT player for player trade. Let Carter and Tucker man the slot you drafted the kid and hardly use him meanwhile other guys who I heard Raiders had interest in like Mims and Mingo already starting. 

Ioannidis on the market should have signed him over Tillery in the offseason. Rant over!

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No argument there. And you really can't make an argument against him rotating in over Jenkins, Butler, Tillery or Nichols who were pushed around last week. 

I mean If Sivera can use his power to clog the middle against the run I'm all for it maybe he can even get pressure with his strength. I'm just tired of watching those other bums get pushed around.

Edited by raidr4life

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

They better just start Koonce. It supposed to be next man up and they do this crazy crap with Tillery. Just start Koonce and rotate in some Wilson. If Wilson starts to show improvement over Koonce then you make the decision to switch it and start Wilson rotate in Koonce. These guys work all training camp make the team but then you play Tillery over Koonce at his position smh. 

Totally agree.

Home opener, 1-1, playing an average football team, sure feels like if we are a playoff team, this is a game you would win… this game might define our season. Are we a 5-6 win football team and can’t beat an average team in our home opener? Are we a 9-10 win wildcard team that shows the Steelers who’s boss? We’ll see. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

17 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Home opener, 1-1, playing an average football team, sure feels like if we are a playoff team, this is a game you would win… this game might define our season. Are we a 5-6 win football team and can’t beat an average team in our home opener? Are we a 9-10 win wildcard team that shows the Steelers who’s boss? We’ll see. 

We're not a playoff team. I think we can all agree on that. That said, we should win this game 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

We're not a playoff team. I think we can all agree on that. That said, we should win this game 

Maybe not, but I thought we were the second best team in the division going into the year, and so far, we might be. Getting the 7 seed is definitely a possibility. But if we can’t beat an average Steeler squad in our home opener, we are definitely not a playoff team. 

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Trade Renfrow for a decent DT player for player trade. Let Carter and Tucker man the slot you drafted the kid and hardly use him meanwhile other guys who I heard Raiders had interest in like Mims and Mingo already starting. 

Ioannidis on the market should have signed him over Tillery in the offseason. Rant over!

We're not gonna start a Koonce because that would be for them like admitting that theyre incompetent dont know how to address issues. Think about the line of events:

-We had an edge rusher that was a 10 sack guy(Ngakuoe) and a rookie that we just drafted waiting in the wings(koonce)

-We get a new regime that replaces the 10 sack guy for a guy that was older but they feel more comfortable with and also had 10 sacks(but had five of them in one game)

-The player they replace the 10 sack guy for goes out there and turns out to regress the following year( meanwhile, the rookie that was drafted a year before the new regime takeover somehow ends up in the doghouse.) 

-They use their seventh overall pick to draft a defensive end(what is a controversial draft pick to say the least). 

-Early in the season and the seventh overall draft pick is not ready to play, the big money signing from two years ago seems to have lost his mind and has grievances with the organization for some reason. 

If you're the GM and head coach, do you turn to the prospect from the old regime that you put in the dog House? Think about how incompetent it would make you look. You spent $17 million and a first round draft pick all to get two guys that a guy that you inherited from an old regime whom they drafted in the third round could potentially be better than

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

We're not gonna start a Koonce because that would be for them like admitting that theyre incompetent dont know how to address issues. Think about the line of events:

-We had an edge rusher that was a 10 sack guy(Ngakuoe) and a rookie that we just drafted waiting in the wings(koonce)

-We get a new regime that replaces the 10 sack guy for a guy that was older but they feel more comfortable with and also had 10 sacks(but had five of them in one game)

-The player they replace the 10 sack guy for goes out there and turns out to regress the following year( meanwhile, the rookie that was drafted a year before the new regime takeover somehow ends up in the doghouse.) 

-They use their seventh overall pick to draft a defensive end(what is a controversial draft pick to say the least). 

-Early in the season and the seventh overall draft pick is not ready to play, the big money signing from two years ago seems to have lost his mind and has grievances with the organization for some reason. 

If you're the GM and head coach, do you turn to the prospect from the old regime that you put in the dog House? Think about how incompetent it would make you look. You spent $17 million and a first round draft pick all to get two guys that a guy that you inherited from an old regime whom they drafted in the third round could potentially be better than

All that is just noise Koonce made the team, their top pick isn't ready and I mean most of us knew he wouldn't be, so you start the next man up or you start Wilson and let him sink or swim. I'm more frustrated with moving Tillery around and he sucks. Starting Koonce isn't really a big deal if him and Wilson rotating anyway. They both can get better playing and stop wasting time with everything else.

Hell if Koonce balls out you have a tradeable asset if you don't decide to keep him

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Interesting thought, we’ll see. A good FO puts the players in that are best for the team and best for the future development. The best thing for both right now is Koonce starting and the pressure gets taken off Wilson who’s clearly not ready, then he can be used as a relief guy and drip feeding him in.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

You spent $17 million and a first round draft pick all to get two guys that a guy that you inherited from an old regime whom they drafted in the third round could potentially be better than

This is all that needs to be said. 

They spent $17 mil amd a 1st round pick to get worse on-field production and now hope to settle for what they would have had regardless to pretty much save them. 

But it's the "haters" that are "delusional"

• Like 1

OK so what I want to see today is signs of improvement.

I want to see Garoppolo making the plays he should be making. I don’t expect Randall Cunningham but I do expect a wide open Renfrow to get the ball in a timely fashion and open receivers to be targeted rather than ignored and a check down. That is what we were sold.

I want to see a playaction deep shot within the first three plays. Go deep even if it means overthrowing the receiver but try and get the D respecting and backing up a bit. The Steelers are a blitz happy, aggressive defence. If they stack the box they’re ripe for a big play opportunity or three.

I want to see much, much more time from Koonce, ideally starting and give him an opportunity as he’s looked like our second best pass rusher over the last season and two games.

Rotating below average vet players in at DT is getting entirely predictable results, so I’d like to see Young and Silvera get valuable game time. They can’t be much worse but they could have a much higher ceiling. Let them get their feet wet. 

Id like to see our CBs playing tight and being physical, don’t give Pickett easy completions to gain confidence. Make him beat us with his arm. Goes hand in hand with stopping the run up front, focus on that and make Kenny Pickett have to be the star.

If we see some of those things, even if we lose I can see our coaches are thinking and reacting and there is hope. A lot will come down to Garoppolo, week three now and he’s got to start showing up, especially as he was sold as a scheme fit and knew the system etc. etc. time to earn that excessive money.