Week 3 NFL general discussion

Blackstar12

37 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Let it go the Offense had plenty of chances to win the game lol.

Let it go? 

The first call stopped the clock on a 3rd down late in the 4th, which did 2 things:

1. Ended a Ravens drive, forcing them to punt instead of giving us a first down which would've ended the game.
  2. Giving the Colts 45 more seconds, which ultimately allowed them to get into FG range to tie the game and go to OT

The second call was on 4th down in OT and gave the Colts the ball back near mid-field instead of giving us a first down and ending the game, and 2 plays later they kicked a 54-yard FG to win the game...

Yes, the offense had chances to win the game but these two BLATANTLY awful no-calls not only kept the Colts in the game, but actually prevented the game from ending, TWICE.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

36 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Let it go? 

The first call stopped the clock on a 3rd down late in the 4th, which did 2 things:

1. Ended a Ravens drive, forcing them to punt instead of giving us a first down which would've ended the game.
  2. Giving the Colts 45 more seconds, which ultimately allowed them to get into FG range to tie the game and go to OT

The second call was on 4th down in OT and gave the Colts the ball back near mid-field instead of giving us a first down and ending the game, and 2 plays later they kicked a 54-yard FG to win the game...

Yes, the offense had chances to win the game but these two BLATANTLY awful no-calls not only kept the Colts in the game, but actually prevented the game from ending, TWICE.

I mean since we’re talking about missed calls. The missed face mask on Pittman effectively would’ve ended the game. Those fumbles really played a bigger impact. Especially the one when they were driving to go up two scores. It was a ugly officiating game + offense stunk it up 0 yards in the second quarter.

Edited by Blackstar12

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I mean since we’re talking about missed calls. The missed face mask on Pittman effectively would’ve ended the game. Those fumbles really played a bigger impact. Especially the one when they were driving to go up two scores. It was a ugly officiating game + offense stunk it up 0 yards in the second quarter.

The 2 fumbles that both happened in the first half (Well, I'm pretty sure both did? Can't remember if Lamar's 2nd fumble was in the 3rd quarter or not)? Sure, they changed the momentum of the game, but they didn't literally extend or prevent the game from ending like the two missed calls that Harbaugh is highlighting here did. The DPI was just so egregious I still don't know how it wasn't called.

I don't recall a missed facemask on Pittman.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The 2 fumbles that both happened in the first half (Well, I'm pretty sure both did? Can't remember if Lamar's 2nd fumble was in the 3rd quarter or not)? Sure, they changed the momentum of the game, but they didn't literally extend or prevent the game from ending like the two missed calls that Harbaugh is highlighting here did. The DPI was just so egregious I still don't know how it wasn't called.

I don't recall a missed facemask on Pittman.

It’s was a obvious missed face mask that should’ve put the ball well in range for Matt Gay to hit a GW FG.

9 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

It’s was a obvious missed face mask that should’ve put the ball well in range for Matt Gay to hit a GW FG.

So after watching this play like 8 times, it looks like Stephens' hand comes up from underneath and pushes his helmet off of his head. He didn't grab his facemask and yank it, which is what would be a penalty.